Old 05-04-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Oh my God Reid.....that is awful.
I am so sorry. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 05-04-2020, 09:53 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

Reid, that’s so sad for your neighbour and family. It seems there’s a lot of people suffering right now.

Andy, your kitchen must smell wonderful from the sourdough bread.

Not much happening here. I’ve had my head in books (kindle app) for the last few days. Thank goodness for the internet.Â

Take care and be safe xx
Old 05-05-2020, 01:08 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello to all....
Reid my condolences very sad to be in such despair (poor daughter)

I dont really mind the kerry accent, i kenw some people from tralee ballybunion and dingle. When i used to live in limerick i had friends from mayo and galway and it always shocked me how they could not pronounce an S word without saying SH (shticks, shtones, wesht, the resht, shober recovery....)

Anyways time to work
Old 05-05-2020, 01:13 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Reid.
D
Old 05-05-2020, 01:16 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Mr

Andy keep us informed on the breeding of COVID-20 BREAD

Manta if you are reading I hope you are OK and that you get back on track. We need all the help we can get and we need to stick together humble and grateful.

Mags hope you master those jabs and enjoy your reading. Would you recommend a kindle, ? i have shelves and bags of books it's getting cumbersome.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:34 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, it's been weird for me to process the news. I wasn't very close to him but like I said I would stop and chat from time to time though. His poor wife has been in a mental institution with 20 years now.
He has a another daughter in Australia now so I don't know how she will get home with everything going on currently. Then this morning I heard that my friend (who was ringing me drunk the last while) fell on the street drunk a few days ago and was found unconscious. I think he's in hospital now so bad news all round lately.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:38 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.
I've embarked on 8-weeks fitness challenge this Monday, so adjustments keep me busy.
Mags - I used to do injections myself when I was facing a choice: either to spend an hour to commute to my doctor or learn how to do it. She taught me how. So, every morning before going to work I did three injectins of different medicines (breakfast of champions). The trick it to do it fast and heave a steady hand - no overthinking.
Reid - I am so sorry about your neighbour. I was borderline sucidal two times, the smallest thing can swing the scale into the darkness.
Andy - I used to be a master of sourdough before I adopted overeall healthy eating which doesn't allow flour of all sorts. I have no idea how good I am at this now.
Vman - Shobery recovery!)))))))
Manta - We miss you.
Have a great day, weekenders. Stay safe.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Reid, I'm sorry.

I am so grateful to not be drinking right now. I can't even imagine the dark places my mind would be taking me. Then again, I can imagine. I was there for years.

Manta, I agree with Vman, come back. Join up again. We care about you.

Prayers for all the suffering alcoholics and those who love them.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, weekenders.
I've embarked on 8-weeks fitness challenge this Monday, so adjustments keep me busy.
Mags - I used to do injections myself when I was facing a choice: either to spend an hour to commute to my doctor or learn how to do it. She taught me how. So, every morning before going to work I did three injectins of different medicines (breakfast of champions). The trick it to do it fast and heave a steady hand - no overthinking.
Reid - I am so sorry about your neighbour. I was borderline sucidal two times, the smallest thing can swing the scale into the darkness.
Andy - I used to be a master of sourdough before I adopted overeall healthy eating which doesn't allow flour of all sorts. I have no idea how good I am at this now.
Vman - Shobery recovery!)))))))
Manta - We miss you.
Have a great day, weekenders. Stay safe.

" I've embarked on 8-weeks fitness challenge this Monday, so adjustments keep me busy. "

You never stop MB, you just motivated me to go for a run this evening
Old 05-05-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Mr

I was thinking about this last night during an online meeting.
Was there ever an online meeting for SR members, do any of you more seasoned SR memebers remeber that ?suppose time zones could be tricky...
Old 05-05-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
I was thinking about this last night during an online meeting.
Was there ever an online meeting for SR members, do any of you more seasoned SR memebers remeber that ?suppose time zones could be tricky...
They used to do chat meetings, but not video type things I don't think. Zoom seems like a newer thing in general. I think that's a great idea.

Make it so!

I'm off to brave the once per month grocery trip. Yikes. It's stressful, right?
Old 05-05-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Sorry about your neighbor and your friend, Reid. There is a lot of bad news around these days, isn't there? I'm thankful that I'm not drinking now. I'd be such a mess. Drinking made me not want to live.

I'm having my house professionally washed today. I'm having the whole front of my house landscaped and getting new steps and a new front walk in a couple of weeks so I wanted to have the house all clean and shiny before that work starts. It'll be fun to watch them do that. I have a little pressure washer I have used to knock the worst of the dirt off over the years, but my house is white and it's never been professionally cleaned. I'm going to take some before and after pictures.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Reid, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. How very sad. Prayers for his family. Prayers for your drinking friend, too; maybe, this incidence will be his light bulb.

MB and Vman, kudos on the exercise.

The moon was so very bright last night. It was amazing to see how much light was finding its way into the bedroom through closed blinds.

MLD, your outdoor project sounds great.

Have a great day all.

Taco Tuesday for a Cinco de Mayo!!!!!
Old 05-05-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Afternoon Weekenders!
Reid, sad to hear about your neighbor and injured friend.
Good luck with those injections, Mags. I cannot bear to watch a needle being plunged into me, let alone do it myself! My childhood doctor used to joke that injections are what the Bible had in mind when it says that the act of giving is better than receiving. Now you can decide for yourself.
Yes Sao, lekker (very nice) and now-now (in a moment or a bit later) are Afrikaans expressions that seem to have caught on a bit (or are at least a dead giveaway) abroad.
Good on you MB for committing to your 8 weeks fitness challenge and enjoy your afternoon walk Vinny.
See you all now-now. First it is time to start the wood oven. It is slowly but surely getting a bit chilly in the evenings.
Ps: I still can’t space paragraphs, even when editing.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Tough story Reid. How awful for the daughter.

MLD, I borrowed a pressure washer and did our porches a couple of years ago, and it was amazing how much different it made the house look. It's about like it was before and needs to be redone.

While I was drinking it was a constant yoyo thing with diet, exercise, and overall fitness. After the first 30 to 45 days of being sober, I've been a lot more consistent.

"Make it so" - Aye aye Captain Pickard, lol.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sheesh that's bad news about your neighbour Reid. These are extremely tough times for some people and I don't see "normal" life returning in the near future, maybe just a bit less abnormal.

I walked to a place known as Little Venice today - that is a fair distance from my place. I probably pushed "one daily exercise" envelope quite hard. I got as far as this houseboat. It is owned by one Richard Branson who did used to live on it at one time. First time I have seen it with grey lopsided. It might be Prime ready for painting I suppose.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20200504_135927-504x251.jpg (82.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-05-2020, 09:33 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
They used to do chat meetings, but not video type things I don't think. Zoom seems like a newer thing in general. I think that's a great idea.

I would defiantly be interested if we do set up any Zoom meetings for sure.
Old 05-05-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

It can't happen though due to the site being focused on anonymity, I wouldn't think. s
Old 05-05-2020, 12:19 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

sorry to hear about your neighbour Reid, Covid is really affecting the vulnerable in all kinds of indirect ways.

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
I got as far as this houseboat. It is owned by one Richard Branson who did used to live on it at one time. First time I have seen it with grey lopsided. It might be Prime ready for painting I suppose.

do you think it needs its bilges bailing out Sao? I hear he's rather keen on that sort of thing.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Yeah, what the heck? Was this one of Sao's bad auto-corrects or another London turn of phrase?
Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
with grey lopsided
Originally Posted by andyh View Post

do you think it needs its bilges bailing out Sao? I hear he's rather keen on that sort of thing.
I am afraid to ask what, "bilges bailing out," means. I'm afraid you boys are being naughty again.