Notices

Home, Sweet Home - Weekenders 01 - 04 May 2020

Old 05-02-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mr

PS I use chrome mostly on a Huawei Android with view desktop version.
Old 05-02-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Vinny.
My support to you goes without saying. You know this, don't you?
Protect your sobriety like your life depends on it.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!
Thanks Sao, that gave me a bit of chuckle. Roger Bucklesby must have been an endearing character, in his own peculiar way.
Thanks for the Elon Musk clip, MB. He has proven to be somewhat eccentric. For those who may not know, he is a South African (and still a citizen, I think). I quite often pass by his former school and university.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Captain.
Yes, I know that Mr. Musk is your fellow-countryman. Do they have some plaque on the school or something?
Old 05-02-2020, 03:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Captain.
Yes, I know that Mr. Musk is your fellow-countryman. Do they have some plaque on the school or something?

I have not seen it, but no doubt his old school pays tribute to him on some honorary/exemplary alumni roll somewhere!
Old 05-02-2020, 03:56 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sao I love that plaque, it’s hilarious
Vinny I am just talking all plummy and not using apostrophes.I am on an iPhone using desktop versionÂ
Edit: so one of those weird characters just randomly popped in.And I’m trying out a couple of apostrophes to see if it’s still doing the weird apostrophe thing
Edit 2. Yay! So I can use apostrophes again, but apparently not paragraphs And I have to go advanced to edit...
Old 05-02-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning WeekendersÂ

Saou, the bench plaque made me chuckle. Classic!

Vinny, I find SR a great support too. I’ve learnt how to live in recovery and how to love life..to think once I thought there could be no life for me without alcohol.Â
Old 05-02-2020, 04:51 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
PS I use chrome mostly on a Huawei Android with view desktop version.

I am in carbon option dear Vinny which may not be available for you on the machine you are using.

The capital AAAAA thingys are mostly caused by hitting the space bar after you have finished typing.

And yes, if I accidentally get one I edit it out.....but it is only happening for me rarely. s
Old 05-02-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Weekenders, all good here at 'Home sweet home' I had the weekly excitement of the 'masked and gloved' grocery shop this morning, that's all put away and now I'm delaying the much needed housework for a while, with a coffee and a peruse here. I managed to buy a couple of stripey red geraniums in Lidl and I shall treat myself to planting them sometime over the weekend.

I'm using Carbon, having to leave 3 lines between my paragraphs to stop it all jumbling up, can't post any pics or smiley's, but other than that, all is good.

Loving the plaque Sau.

Willow, you must be very posh, like what I am, talking all plummy, lol.

Back later, I'm off to put the kettle on again.

Stay home and keep safe. xxx

Old 05-02-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Not sure if this will be helpful darling Daisy....

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...d=vB_Editor_QR

If you have the smilie list open in another tab, and you copy the codes rather than click on them, they are all working (or pretty much as far as I know, I don't use that many).

Old 05-02-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Huge hugs for everyone!!
Old 05-02-2020, 07:19 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

"Posh" is one of my favorite words. I like everything about it - but we don't use it much here in 'Murica.

Sao you get the best little pics.

My spinny brain wouldn't let me go back to sleep last night at 2AM but I stayed in bed and talked back to it. So weird the things it will randomly bring up and then take them to the very worst case scenario. Catastrophising. I had almost stopped having those occurrences before our virus actual catastrophe.

I think our Governor had a speech last night. We were on lockdown until the 4th, I'm sure it's been extended but I don't want to listen to him or read about any of it today.

We're supposed to have a windy day with thunderstorms! I love weather. The more extreme the better! Maybe because I grew up in hurricane country. I really want to put on my yellow camping rain bib overalls and jacket and go out in it. Maybe I will.

oh, p.s. Sober Saturday morning never gets old!
Old 05-02-2020, 07:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

...it doesn't seem right that one mallard mama duck has 18 ducklings following her. I suspect a bunch of those are foster babies. Some are bigger than others, so something happened!

#RiverMusing
Old 05-02-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks for the Call To Arms up-Thread, Vinny. I've been reading here, but didn't have much to say. I am always rooting for those here busting through to assorted Victories. Does the Sober Heart good. Plus, I wanted to wait out Site Upgrades here. That fantastic Pic you posted of Clouds somehow reminded me of this Song outta The Wayback Machine. Blind Faith and Traffic Bassist Rick Grech was one of us, and made it to only age 43 before Kidney failure. Reminders like that keep me on The Path.

'Sea Of Joy' ~ Blind Faith

Our Clothes Washer decided to poop the Bed, so I ventured down to the local Big City to pick a new Washer/Dryer set bought yesterday from Specs online. Shopping in The New Abnormal. The Big Box Hardware Store was outta control; what with the sunny temps hitting 90 F [32 C] yesterday, and the Colorado Lockdown recently having lifted 'some'. After ~1 Hour wait, I finally got the Appliances into my Truck and drove away. Even with Mask and Gloves, I wasn't thrilled to be among so many People. I just stayed outta the way, and somewhat away from Foot Traffic. ~1/4 of the Customers didn't even have Masks on, and that weirded me out. I do not want People in the House to help me lift the Stackable Dryer up onto the Washer, so I'm coming up with a Pulley/Rachet System to safely do this from a temporary Wood Beam reinforced to 2 Walls. The regional COVID-19 Caseload is really low around here, but I never know who's been where, and around whom.

We do our first F2F socializing today. We're gonna meet our BFFs at the local Fairgrounds, and chat over Cheese & Crackers from a very safe distance in Camping Chairs. He's Immuno-compromised from Childhood Diabetes, so we're all into routine, safe Protocols. Last Night, we did our first Zoom Video Call to a Nurse Pal in Michigan who's absolutely exhausted from her 12 Hour Hospital Shifts. Sobering stories there.

I'm lovin' that Pic that Sao put up. We have 2 Teak Benches of that same type; bought after trips to Scotland. I might have to add an appropriate Plaque to one of them!

Sunset the Night before last here from Home Sweet Home. Thanks, Mags!

Old 05-02-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I'm in, Thanks, Mags.
Those mountain vistas are beautiful. I've always been a seashore kind of person, but I do also love mountains. Ok, I love all nature and outdoors, doesn't really matter.
Hmmm, I think I'm an ocean person first. There's something so ancient and soothing about them (and something terrifying and mysterious too). I do love mountains too, I have lived near the summit of one, but I am wondering whether I should have got an E-bike, they look awesome for hills!
But home is great, and the only way I'll keep it is by not drinking!
Old 05-02-2020, 09:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Greetings, friends!

Sao, that bench plaque is hysterical. Good one, there!!!

Beaches are now open but only to waders and strollers so, technically, our Dinner on the Dunes was a no-no but we did an excellent job of self-distancing while dining, watching the sunset and then star-gazing. It was so wonderful to be out and enjoying the simple, yet glorious, beauty of the world.

Suze is going to upload a few shots for me. Thank you so much, sweet Suze.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

This post is from Soberleigh

Dinner and sunset on the dunes last evening......

Old 05-02-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Bim - foster ducklings - quite POSH, indeed.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:33 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Some great photos, excellent stuff!

18 ducklings does sound too many. Strange.

I wandered down to where Google's new office complex will be once it's finally completed. In 1690 they found the remains of a Mammoth there along with some neolithic human detritus. It has been inhabited for a lot longer than Roman times.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Interesting Sao, more proof that with the passage of time and the increased need for high density housing the size of our pets inevitably shrunk to where it is today.