Notices

2 week program ain't working.

Old 06-02-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
I had a really rough day too. Being irritated is natural and SOMETIMES justified. But anger is luxury for people without addiction problems. We have to live and let live. We can't be doormats, but we're not the world police either. We can only control us. We should be to be quick to forgive.

That's awesome about reading. I think you're doing great Sticky, but don't let your guard down. I have a tattoo on my arm it says, CBP. It stands for Cunning, Baffling and Powerful and is in relation to alcohol and my addiction. I know alcohol is not your issue, but addiction is sneaky. Keep up the good work and have a better tomorrow.

A brief description was I was eating lunch then a homeless man walked pass my car. It was such a big plate so I jumped out of my car to offer him the rest of my lunch. He was very grateful and said thank you. After I had walked back to my car I went to turn around. And a security cart had pulled up in front of the man. And from a far the security paced around in a fighting posture looking at me. I waited to see if they were going to ask the homeless man to leave. I drove my vehicle towards the both of them and there was now 4 other guards there. I rolled down my window and said is there a problem, not one guard looked at me. The first guard which looked like he wanted to fight just looked at the ground the whole time. I started to think hey okay maybe this homeless man was possibly trespass or gave problems before, but idk. Looking back it was minor but just got to me. But hey it was a bad moment but it's passed I lifted some weights when I got home. And I feel much better, I will grow and learn and keep pushing towards a healthy life.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 23 starting feeling better today, staying productive. Gym is set to open next week. But I'll let the others go first to see how things go with this covid19, I know that social distance will be a problem. But working out doors for the last few months has been really good for me. Im reading learning working out, meditating. I do feel pain from my arthritis but hey I'm still moving.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Day 23 starting feeling better today, staying productive. Gym is set to open next week. But I'll let the others go first to see how things go with this covid19, I know that social distance will be a problem. But working out doors for the last few months has been really good for me. Im reading learning working out, meditating. I do feel pain from my arthritis but hey I'm still moving.
Good to read that things are going well.

I wish the gyms would re-open here in the UK but we are probably weeks, if not months, away from that happening. Plus the part of England I live in has the highest death and infection rates in the UK so even if they did open in parts of the UK it's not likely to happen where I live.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:20 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robbie64 View Post
Good to read that things are going well.

I wish the gyms would re-open here in the UK but we are probably weeks, if not months, away from that happening. Plus the part of England I live in has the highest death and infection rates in the UK so even if they did open in parts of the UK it's not likely to happen where I live.
Well the positive side of things , I really took the time to rest some nagging injury of mines. When the gym was open I was so addicted to going every chance I got rain or storm. I kept pushing through it all,more of a ego thing. Hope everything works out well. Have a great day
And day 26 and still growing.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Day 27, still growing and learning.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats stickyone

D
Old 06-13-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 30 today, I'm feeling great. It's been awhile since I have been off of opiates. Taking it one day at a time , trying to learn something new everyday and grow as a person. As things began to open up I will look for a hobby or interest that I never done.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:59 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thirty days is awesome! Congratulations!
Old 06-17-2020, 08:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 34, still growing. 1 day at a time.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats stickyone

D
Old 06-17-2020, 09:32 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats stickyone

D
Thanks dee74,
Old 06-17-2020, 09:37 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go!! Keep on keepin' on. It gets better.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Way to go!! Keep on keepin' on. It gets better.
Thanks everyone,
Old 06-23-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 40 , a little more stressful this week. But I am still sober, I am growing daily. I take these stressful times as obstacles that will make me stronger than I already am. Just remember emotions come and go. Hold on to the positive ones and it will make for a better day.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:17 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey stickyone, I hadn't seen your thread until today. Need to read and catch up on it but first, congrats on 40 days!
Old 07-01-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Hey stickyone, I hadn't seen your thread until today. Need to read and catch up on it but first, congrats on 40 days!
Thanks working on day 48 today. It's been good day by day. I continue to eat healthy, workout and meditate and read. The last 2 days the restrictions have been easing up. So alot more people are around. Social distance and mask has gone out the window the numbers of positive has gone up. Causing a little more stress. I know I can't control the way people act and it's not my responsibility. I just stay positive and keep working on myself and things will work out. Have a wonderful day.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:28 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats stickyone

D
Old 07-01-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats stickyone

D
Thanks dee74, this I just the beginning of my new chapter in life.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congratulations sticky!
Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 53 ,

I'm still here putting the work in. Work has been challenging but im feeling well. I continue to better myself day by day. And not pay so much attention to the negativity around. Sometimes there is no way of avoiding it , so I face it head on.