Notices

2 week program ain't working.

Old 05-14-2020, 02:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Take a deep breath or two. No one said this was going to be easy. You said earlier when you've set your mind to things you've accomplished them. You just have to get through today and you'll deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

As far as work goes, you're talking to a guy that has sluffed off work probably more than any other human still employed. What I did find though, during recovery is that i actually feel a lot better at the end of the day if I did go to work because otherwise I struggle with guilt and shame. If you've decided you're not going in then accept that decision and move on. No need to toss it around in your head. If you can't make it in, but the result is that you get sober and can be a better employee in the future, this will all be forgotten. We can't hide the impacts of our addiction from the world. Work suffers, family suffers, thems is the facts. But remember, all of this discomfort and fear and shame and guilt is why we're getting sober.

Deal with what you can deal with today. Remember you don't control hardly anything (which despite what we think is actually a good thing). And none of us can say how everything can turn out for you, but what I can say with 100% confidence is that it will turn out better if you don't swallow a bunch of pills to avoid having to face life.
Thank you for the reply. This is so heavy on me, my withdrawal is getting to me so bad right now. Its racing through my mind to pick up the prescription to taper off. Which is putting myself backwards. The doctor has cut me off from here out. No more refill, which is a plus. The tapering is something I struggle with.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

The good thing is, if I've read other peoples experiences right, you'll feel better in a few days - try to tough it out stickyone.

D
Old 05-14-2020, 03:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Stickyone, just wanted to say hi. I had a problem with opiates for many years, all good now though. Read your story and the thought of that constant cycle of using / withdrawing made my skin crawl. Not nice at all. I don't have any wise words, just wanted to say hello and let you know that I read your posts. You never have to go through that again. Lucinda.
Old 05-14-2020, 06:36 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
Hey Stickyone, just wanted to say hi. I had a problem with opiates for many years, all good now though. Read your story and the thought of that constant cycle of using / withdrawing made my skin crawl. Not nice at all. I don't have any wise words, just wanted to say hello and let you know that I read your posts. You never have to go through that again. Lucinda.
Thanks for the reply. We all are here to live a better life than the one we are know. Nothing against anyone here I was feeling so alone, the substance and opiate threads have not been very active here. So I read others post and replace the alcohol with the word pills to relate. But once again we all suffer from a mind altering substance that has become unmanageable and causes destruction. Thank you for reading my post.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey Stickyone, has it going today?
Old 05-17-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

How are you doing? So, the doctor was going to have you taper off, but you decided to do it cold turkey? Hope your ok.
From your earlier post. Did anything happen with a referral or therapy? It's too bad your previous therapist moved. It's important to have one who is really good and trustworthy. Let us know how your doing.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:12 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Thanks for the reply. We all are here to live a better life than the one we are know. Nothing against anyone here I was feeling so alone, the substance and opiate threads have not been very active here. So I read others post and replace the alcohol with the word pills to relate. But once again we all suffer from a mind altering substance that has become unmanageable and causes destruction. Thank you for reading my post.
I like your thinking with replacing the words in your mind to make it relatable. I am guessing that once you do that it is the same struggles you are seeing. Just popped back in to see how you are doing and to let you know that I am thinking of you.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
I like your thinking with replacing the words in your mind to make it relatable. I am guessing that once you do that it is the same struggles you are seeing. Just popped back in to see how you are doing and to let you know that I am thinking of you.
Thanks everyone, I ended up picking up my medicine to taper with. I ended up taking them all like a addict. But as of today I'm 8 days clean.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Ok, you did what addicts do. But you bounced back. Very great news.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 8 days stickyone
Old 05-25-2020, 07:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 8 days stickyone
Thank you today I'm on day 11. Feeling better, been back at work since last week. Been doing alot of reading during my free time. One small accomplishment at a time, looking forward to taking my life back.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:59 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 11

D
Old 05-30-2020, 11:19 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Starting day 16. Day by day I've noticed alot of changes. I keep telling myself when I have craving or a hard time things will get better. I was told we don't have bad days we have bad moments somwtimes. If you can get pass the bad moments and not hold on to them , then you won't have bad days. I've been reading alot of books, and working out alot. Alot of damage done over the years but today I work on learning something new and improving my way of life. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

16 days is great man

D
Old 05-31-2020, 10:02 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
16 days is great man

D
Thanks today I start day 17, one day at a time.
Old 06-01-2020, 05:45 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 18, new month first day of the work week Monday. One day at a time. Continuing to learn and grow. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:00 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Coz

Really great stickyone - congrats! How are you feeling and the two and a half week mark?
Old 06-02-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Really great stickyone - congrats! How are you feeling and the two and a half week mark?
I'm feeling okay, I've been working alot. But still remember time for self care, im exercising and reading alot more. Just keep reminding myself to keep growing and learning from my mistake. But yes I do have alot of headaches , but I am very thankful and grateful for all the small things in Life.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Ok, you did what addicts do. But you bounced back. Very great news.
Thanks, I'm feeling okay but man I tell you today was alot of obstacles, more emotional rather than cravings. Just got really irritated with people but I am sober. I need to get a good night sleep tonight and relax. I tell thought I fell back in love with reading, i like to read ebooks most people think I'm just playing games on my phone. Lol
Old 06-02-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stickyone View Post
Thanks, I'm feeling okay but man I tell you today was alot of obstacles, more emotional rather than cravings. Just got really irritated with people but I am sober. I need to get a good night sleep tonight and relax. I tell thought I fell back in love with reading, i like to read ebooks most people think I'm just playing games on my phone. Lol
I had a really rough day too. Being irritated is natural and SOMETIMES justified. But anger is luxury for people without addiction problems. We have to live and let live. We can't be doormats, but we're not the world police either. We can only control us. We should be to be quick to forgive.

That's awesome about reading. I think you're doing great Sticky, but don't let your guard down. I have a tattoo on my arm it says, CBP. It stands for Cunning, Baffling and Powerful and is in relation to alcohol and my addiction. I know alcohol is not your issue, but addiction is sneaky. Keep up the good work and have a better tomorrow.