Notices

First day sober complete!

Old 04-28-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day sober complete!

I’ve been reading plenty of stories and support in these forums and they are incredibly helpful. After dealing with liver pain for the past week, maybe even longer, had unexplained back pain for a while, I decided it was finally time to give it up. I took 3mg of melatonin and slept pretty decent. I look forward for this pain to subside. It’s the scariest part honestly. I also can’t wait for continued sobriety.
scuba
Old 04-28-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: First day sober complete!

First of many Scuba! Keep checking in. First few days are tough, but totally worth it.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, Scubasteve22.ÂÂ

Yes, this site is a lifeline for folks embracing sobriety. I discovered in on my day 5 in January and find browsing and posting both to be very helpful with ideas, and with reinforcing my commitment to sobriety.ÂÂ

I suggest you join the Class of April 2020 thread (join = show up).

If you've been browsing a while you know we don't give medical advice here in SobeRlandia, but it doesn't break that rule to suggest that if your gut and back pains persist you should get them checked out.

Hope to see you around the site Ss22.

EDIT: (If you haven't noticed, you happened to join at a time when they did some up site maintenance or upgrading, and the tech folks are still working out the kinks, so some layout anomalies creep in to a lot of posts, like those ÂÂs above. They are being straightened out.)
Old 04-28-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks JR! I will soon enough, I just wanna get a clear head before doing so. I figure a week or two can give me a better idea of what I have going on. Hoping and praying for the best!
Old 04-28-2020, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Scuba, great job getting through Day 1 and, you never have to go through that again. Early sobriety isn't easy, so stay focused and maybe you can work on a recovery plan that will suit you. I hope you continue to post.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard ScubaSteve
I hope you start to feel better soon!
D
Old 04-28-2020, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Completion of a day 1 without alcohol is seriously like climibing Mt.Everest...blood, sweat and tears....its scary, its exhausting....BUT once you get thru it you are "motivated" to not give up that day and the following days get better...For some reason Day 2 is always my worst day...but after Day 2 the only way I go is up...and it really does feel good to do everything sober...I smile ...that is the first thing I do now when I wake up after 21 or 22 days.....I smile...that I am not sick, craving a drink...I smile cause I will get up and have a "coffee" and see my "birds" in the back.
When I'm in the throes of addiction? I am not smiling when I wake up..I dread waking up because then I have to get to the store for more alcohol at some point...I have to beat myself up all day telling myself that I am going to die like that....dread, dread and more dread is what alcohol does for me.....
Day 21 or 22 for me and I will wake up smiling tomorrow morning because I did not drink today and THANK GOD.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done, Misssy2
Old 04-29-2020, 04:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations scubasteve. SR and the great people here were a tremendous help during those early days, and still are. You can get through this and you will be monumentally glad you did.

Towards the end of my drinking career, a good night's sleep was a pipe dream. Now it's very unusual to wake up during the night.