Notices

Day 12

Old 04-26-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 12

Hello. I'm new here.
Day 12 - first 11 days have been easy enough but my AV kicked in today. I've just been to buy alcohol. I've hidden it under my bed and waiting for the opportunity to open it without being seen.
Why hard now? Thought the first week was the hardest..
Old 04-26-2020, 12:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Re: Day 12

Well you haven't drunk it yet! If you go to your bed, pour it away (it'll save you loads of money to do that, if you think of what money you'll spend chasing the highs that won't come) then you won't have lost those 11 days.

And then everyone can help you plan for tomorrow and moving forward

You'll feel really good for overcoming this hurdle. You will also wake up tomorrow feeling fresh and sober. Worth a little bit of 'down-the-sink' action I reckon
Old 04-26-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, if you can pour it down the sink.
i always thought the first week was the hardest but like yourself my cravings kick in about day 11 to 12. The first week is surprisingly easy for me though that's probably because I binge drink (and smoke when I'm drinking) and the first week I'm usually rough and exhausted. The cravings seem to kick in just at the point I start to feel a lot better and the sweating has all but stopped.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Many times that last beating that alcohol put on you can stay fresh in your memory and overpower the obsession for a little while.
About 3 weeks in I think for many puts a bit of a dent in the obsession. It gets easier to hold it off. It does get tricky especially as you get months down the road. Then it can creep up and make you think now that wasnt that hard after all. I can have a little drink and easily get right back on the horse. WRONG! Once you feed that obsession it comes back so much stronger there is no telling how hard it will be to shake it again. We are up against cunning, baffling,ÂÂ and powerful.
With 12 days sober you have already scored some punches, don't take your foot off the gas. You have done some damage to the obsession, keep punching, dont let it out of the corner now!

Picture how good you feel like a stock chart. No stock goes straight up, unless it just got bought out or something unusual. Stocks go up a little, then people take profits, earnings estimates change, things happen. You dont feel x amount better everyday, tomorrow may be harder than today. The thing is the way you feel will trend upward over time. Stay the course.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome to SR and well done on your sober time so far. Like the others have said pour it all down the sink, trust me, you'll thank yourself in the morning for doing that
Old 04-26-2020, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How are you doing hope2020?