Notices

Day 4

Old 04-25-2020, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

After the first 24 hours I was feeling better and walking. I felt relieved the severe anxiety of day 1 was subsiding.

Today I have slept most of the day, not gone out and watched a lot of YouTube.

Have been craving and have had to go to bed early.

This is not easy for me. To get to 1 month sober will be a huge achievement.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Re: Day 4

Yes, it will be a big achievement and you can do it.

I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stable View Post
To get to 1 month sober will be a huge achievement.
This assumes that the cravings will be equally intense for the whole month and that day 29 will be as hard as day 3. But my experience is that this is NOT the case. Cravings diminish in the absence of alcohol. I have often thought that if you can make it a week, you can make it a year, and that if you can make it one year you can make it for ten. But yes, that first week is hard.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its not easy for any of us Stable but like Dri Guy says it will get easier.

D
Old 04-26-2020, 12:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
This assumes that the cravings will be equally intense for the whole month and that day 29 will be as hard as day 3. But my experience is that this is NOT the case. Cravings diminish in the absence of alcohol. I have often thought that if you can make it a week, you can make it a year, and that if you can make it one year you can make it for ten. But yes, that first week is hard.

So true. In my first week of quitting, I wondered how I’d manage if I felt that anxious when beer o’clock came around every evening. I was literally sitting on my hands looking at the clock. Week two was slightly better and so on.
But any little drink or “reward” in those first weeks would have sent me back to day one. You really do need to find the strength to not drink in those early days, but it’s way easier after that.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are getting better and they will continue if you do the right things.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 4 is great Stable. Keep moving and keep yourself busy during your craving times. Write it out every day if you need to. Script every minute of that window. Then you will learn the boundaries of that window and you can watch it shrink each day.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=DriGuy;7432874]This assumes that the cravings will be equally intense for the whole month and that day 29 will be as hard as day 3. But my experience is that this is NOT the case. Cravings diminish in the absence of alcohol. I have often thought that if you can make it a week, you can make it a year, and that if you can make it one year you can make it for ten. But yes, that first week is hard.[/QUOTE
Old 04-26-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on getting to Day Four Stable. Day four is usually the time when I'm very tired and feel exhausted. I think it's because in the early days I don't sleep very well and so by day four I'm completely shattered.

Hopefully your cravings will diminish and you can get to one month sober with relative ease.