Notices

Beach Barbecue Sober weekend - Weekenders 24 - 27 April 2020

Old 04-29-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Midnight, hope you feel better soon, but don't hold your breath waiting for me to dance a shake up.

MLD, we all have our idiosyncrasies but you seem like a wonderful person. You were a heavy hitter in my very first thread when I was thinking about quitting and found SR, so you helped me change my life for the better.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:17 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Dance!

ugh.

I lost my post.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

And that was filmed in my hometown.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:57 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Twist & Shout - love it, Suze. I remember teaching my Mom how to twist. She went kicking & screaming at first but she discovered that I had taught Dad, she caved and ended up loving it. We would all (even my 2 year old brother) twist after dinner in the basement Knotty Pine club room! Fun times.
Bim - Everybody Dance Now - great for exercise routines, too.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Thanks for saying that, Cityboy. I remember being in that first thread of yours. Glad to see you still here.
I almost had an anxiety attack earlier today. It's been a long time since I had one. Just so much coming at me right now (not all of which I discuss here) and I feel overwhelmed. Not sure what to do other than put my head down and tackle one thing at a time. What I REALLY want to do is pull the covers over my head and hide.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:56 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Mr

Sorry about your loss Leigh
MB hope you feel more positive tomorrow
Marty just think about going fishing when covid is well and truly over.

I attended my first AA zoom meeting tonight. I really needed it. I done a youtube meditation exercice. Tomorrow morning I have a visio conf with a therapist.
I'm finding that if I dont put in the work, It's just too easy to forget the insanity of my drinking problems.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Mr

Oh Yes btw nighty night
Old 04-29-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Goodnight, weekenders.
Tomorrow will be a better day)
Old 04-29-2020, 09:55 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders.Â

Marty, can you break down the flurry coming towards you into small flakes? I know you’ll be able to tackle each one with vigour.Â

MantaLady I hope you’re still reading if not posting. Take care of yourself and your young kitties, we miss you .Â

Bim I loved the singing gorillas

Leigh you reminded me of trying the twist years ago, gosh it’s a good workout and fun, I’d watch dancers on tv twisting to the floor and up again. Amazing. They must have been fit dancers!Â

I’m sorry for all who are feeling worrying/stressed/unsure in these strange times we’re living in. If I cough my mind can run away with me. I have a vivid overactive imagination so I take my cough to the ‘enth’. .....but I figure we’ve all got jobs to do....Mine is to stay shielded for quite a while more yet, no walks out, no shop trips, no face to face contact with anyone (my own household is supposed to give you two metres, try telling that to my cats!)Â
I wake up most  mornings wanting to jump in the car and drive. But I don’t give in to temptation. I hope I don’t too!
I’ve got my trust in the scientists who are working flat out for a remedy for the virus. I’m trusting they love their jobs, love their lives and have hope, not despair. Knowing one day there will be a breakthrough and we’ll be able to have protection against it.
Until then I’ll stay home, until it’s safe for me and me fellow earth inhabitants to go out.
Take care, be safe xxxx
Old 04-30-2020, 12:17 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders!

It's an early start for me. I've got an outpatients hospital appointment this morning so have to leave home early. I'm surprised the appointment is still going ahead but as the appointment is in a local Health Centre rather than at the actual hospital that seems to make all the difference.

Still, I'll be glad when I'm back home. Not because of the appointment (it's a follow-up dermatology appointment) but because I'm going to have to use public transport. The bus will probably be quite empty but the frequency of the services have been cut so much (all local services are operating on an emergency timetable) that what was last month a one bus every 10 minutes service is now one bus an hour. The result is that I'm going to be at my appointment almost an hour early and if I just miss a bus after the appointment I could be waiting up to an hour for the next one to get back home. Let's hope the rain that we are supposed to be getting today holds off until lunchtime!
Old 04-30-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.
I need coffee to put some coherent post together)
Old 04-30-2020, 12:25 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Magsie

Robbie, all the best for your appointment, keep safe.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:29 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ay-2020-a.html (Home, Sweet Home - Weekenders 01 - 04 May 2020)