SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 7 would’ve been nice.... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/447082-day-7-would-ve-been-nice.html)

BEELS 04-24-2020 04:57 AM

Day 7 would’ve been nice....

If I didn’t blow it yesterday. Drank a few and deeply regret it today. Didn’t do anything crazy or terrible. Just say by the bonfire in the yard. I dumped the rest down the sink after getting no kicks from the few I had.<div><br></div><div>I won’t drink today.</div><div><br></div><div>Peace,</div>

Dee74 04-24-2020 05:14 AM

Re: Day 7 would’ve been nice....

I think its really important to check in here before we drink. I know the sItes not working great right now, but there are people around who want to help!

Sober369 04-24-2020 05:22 AM

I've had cravings the last two nights. Your post made me extra grateful that I didn't give in. But, I have in the past, many times, so I know how you feel. I hope you can come right back, don't drink today. I agree with Dee, it's important to post here when the craving hits. Also, reading and watching videos and listening to podcast about recovery helps me a lot. I have a vision of what my sober life will be like and I'm working toward it. Day 18 and hanging on by my nails sometimes. I'm sending you lots of love and prayers. Stay with us!

Kaily 04-24-2020 05:23 AM

Now you know what not to do next time you get a craving.Well done on dumping most of it out.Change your habits to change your habit.Don't sit by the bonfire if that is a trigger.Regret is good if we learn from it.

JADIII 04-24-2020 05:28 AM

<div>Hey Beels, I dropped the ball too and feel worse for doing it as I thought I had it.&nbsp; Picking up the pieces and starting on day 1 again.&nbsp; No sleep and stomach upset.&nbsp; When will we learn....</div><div><br></div><div>Hang in there.<br></div>

Reid82 04-24-2020 05:47 AM

As Dee said, check in with us before you take that first drink. It's the first drink that does the damage.

Anna 04-24-2020 06:46 AM

I'm sorry that you drank last night. It could be that you need to stay away from old rituals like the bonfire until you feel more comfortable with your sobriety? I'm really glad to see you back.

nez 04-24-2020 06:59 AM

Tell yourself that day 7 will be nice and start the journey toward it. Hit the keyboard before the bottle. Repeat as needed. You can do this.

Hevyn 04-24-2020 09:11 AM

No kicks, only misery. That is what finally got through to me. The old days of it being fun and relaxing were never coming back. One drink always led to ten, and huge regret, even danger. Now you are better prepared to get free for good. You CAN.

BEELS 04-24-2020 11:22 AM

Thanks everyone.

Steely 04-24-2020 11:42 AM

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Steely 04-24-2020 11:44 AM

Testing

Steely 04-24-2020 11:44 AM

Sorry.

Lines 04-24-2020 02:41 PM

Give yourself credit for dumping out part of it. Examine all of it and learn. Is it really about a day count, or about becoming healthy?

SeaSlug 04-24-2020 02:53 PM

I can't do a bonfire right now...I could show up for a smores but then I would have to go. I'd want to drink and smoke cigarettes...like all night!

It's really hard right now and we have to just keep trying every day