Notices

Who has cancelled their holidays yet

Old 04-16-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Who has cancelled their holidays yet

I had no choice..I'm officially laid off on the 22nd and now HR is giving me the privilege of using the payout to pay for my healthcare benefits....I just wanted to go camping...
Old 04-16-2020, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Patterson

D
Old 04-16-2020, 12:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee... Maybe a I can go for a weekend if this gets better... please stay safe...okay.. promise
Old 04-16-2020, 12:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's not a nice thing to have happen.. We can't even go camping here in NZ or Bush walking.

​I was travelling to the UK from NZ to fly into Spain to walk the camino leaving the 1st May.. All flights cancelled... I'm quite gutted but happy about getting a refund..
Old 04-16-2020, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Will do Patterson

D
Old 04-16-2020, 12:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Me too. I was supposed to be going to Edinburgh for the St Patrick's weekend, couldn't go. I'm supposed to be going to Barcelona in 3 weeks, that's not going to happen either
Old 04-16-2020, 12:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My son....he's 20 now...he and his girlfriend went to London, Italy, France, Greece and Spain last summer...backpacking, and the train thing...I wonder when kids will be able to do that again...or maybe me...lol
Old 04-16-2020, 01:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Two holidays cancelled on me already. I’m still waiting for my money back as well.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes. Multiple cancellations and postponements, with some in question. Staying out of town for work will likely be kept to a minimum in favor of commuting longer distances.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm defiantly disappointed that my trips have been cancelled. Given the very busy life I have with everything that I have going on, these breaks away are nearly as important as my usual recovery things I do.

Anyway, I'll have trips away to look forward to when things settle down....
Old 04-16-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's really a bummer Patterson. We are all suffering a little right now. Take care.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah, everything is changing, Patterson, and the new normal won't be like the old normal. At least not until a vaccine is available to all. I'm sorry about your camping plans.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yep, honeymoon was supposed to be last wk (we never took one) and...to NYC!
We aren't even bothering to talk about the wk of the 4th that we usually go to the beach house. To put it as my husband said last night, if MLB has called it, what makes anyone think "everything" will be normal by July 17? Not us.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Samantha

Yup! March was supposed to go to Australia . This month was supposed to be Switzerland, and Austria and then Jamaica. I had a big year planned for myself since I had lost some weight. Now everything is a mess and just sucks!
Old 04-16-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I fully expect to be able to take a couple of trips with my wife this summer.

I’m confident that the kinds of places we go will be open for business.

I anticipate seeing things opening up very soon where we live.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Cancelled Saint Petersburg in September (Refunds? Nyet!), booked Lake Constance for August. I doubt domestic holiday trips will be prohibited in summer, but we'll see.

I had tickets for Anfield Road (2nd of May). Sigh.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yep, we had a break booked from 1st June which we have cancelled as even if lockdown is lifted by then, I am sure things wont be back to normal and I may be too anxious to go to a busy resort so soon.

However, we are going to spend the refund money on ordering some treats instead. We have many things to be grateful for and we are safe and well.

We have another holiday booked for October and I am really hoping we can go!
Old 04-17-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Patterson View Post
My son....he's 20 now...he and his girlfriend went to London, Italy, France, Greece and Spain last summer...backpacking, and the train thing...I wonder when kids will be able to do that again...or maybe me...lol
I did the backpacking trip in my younger years. You just made me think about how Coronavirus would thrive as backpackers pile into hostels with strangers from around the world. And then get on a train to a new city and a hostel. Those young travelers would be 'super-spreaders".
Old 04-17-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

I'm holding on to my sleeper tickets for the train from Seattle to San Diego and back in October. Amtrak is offering full refunds through May 31, so I'll re-evaluate then.

I work for a tourist-based business, so I am off work until hotels and vacation rentals reopen.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

I had a weekend retreat at a vegetarian Buddhist monastery I was supposed to do in the first week of May. I was super bummed because it's supposed to be some wonderful growth experience and I have been on other retreats (yoga, and even a Catholic one in my teens) and I really enjoy them. However, my professor in that course said I could tag along next fall as long as everything is normal, I would just have to pay a small fee since I'll no longer be a student at that university. That's in October. *sigh*

I also was going to Berkeley in late May/early June, which is around the time of my birthday. I was going to a conference and there are just some things I enjoy about Berkeley, like restaurants and their meditation center, and going to the swimming pool and sauna at the Y. I got a refund from the conference, and they are having an on-line event tomorrow. Clearly, it's not the same - no restaurants, no sauna, no in-person socializing, no change of scenery - but I guess it's cool I got a refund and they're offering us something.

I also love things like camping, hiking and going sea kayaking. I can walk in the woods, thanks to where I currently live, but no sea kayaking for me, and no hiding away in a tent from my roommates, lol.

I know it's rough to lose something like that. I hope you can at least spend some time outdoors in nature while social distancing, which might help a little if you're a fan of camping.