Notices

This 24/7 AA link saved my life yesterday

Old 04-15-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This 24/7 AA link saved my life yesterday

24/7 Online AA Video Meeting - 24/7 AA Online Meeting

Its really easy to access there are meetings going on 24/7...
You can go in anytime you want....you just hit the link and they will admit you to the meeting.

Yesterday, I was like ...God I need to find one of these online meetings...and I better or I'm going to drink!

God could and would if he were sought!
Old 04-15-2020, 05:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad it was helpful Missy

D
Old 04-15-2020, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

People from all over the world are there...check it out..I'm going there now...
Old 04-15-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its a step tradition meeting right now I don't like those....lol...
Old 04-15-2020, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Misssy. I was thinking about checking one of these out and looked but most of them are at specific times. I simply wanted to see what they were like, so a 24/7 option is probably the way to go.

May I ask in what way they help you? Never participated but a lot of people talk about it here, so has made me curious.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds really good if people from all over the world are there. I'm shy though.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I logged on day before yesterday and LOVED the share! I highly recommend it as well ... You can't beat 247!
Old 04-15-2020, 10:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
I was thinking your able to just listen? And if its a video meeting simply cover the camera or point it at a coffee cup or maybe a piece of fruit for an artsy approach. 😁
Old 04-16-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

Traditions help the groups stay together, the steps help the individuals. No one (except my sponsor) enjoys traditions meetings! It still helps to spend an hour in a meeting. Glad you're moving forward!
Old 04-16-2020, 08:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Amazing!!

I have not been fond of rhe online meetings plus finding the time is hard but with this i had some free time and clicked in and the shares were all amazing! Saved the link thank you
Old 04-17-2020, 03:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I checked this out and I LOVE IT!

Don't be afraid. Your microphone is OFF by default, and I'm pretty sure your camera is too. If not, you can easily turn it off. It's super easy to just go in and listen, and not be seen on camera, if that's what you want to do.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lines View Post
I was thinking your able to just listen? And if its a video meeting simply cover the camera or point it at a coffee cup or maybe a piece of fruit for an artsy approach. 😁
Yes you can just listen...It gives you an option to Join without video when it starts up for you....and when you get in...if you see your name and start to freak out..."RIGHT CLICK" on your name in your box and it will say "rename".....rename your box.

You don't have to talk.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It asks you how you want to join....with or without video......if you don't get that question (which I'm pretty sure everyone does) put tape and paper over your camera lens.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
I have not been fond of rhe online meetings plus finding the time is hard but with this i had some free time and clicked in and the shares were all amazing! Saved the link thank you
I'm not sure I will ever go to a "social gathering" meeting again...with this zoom feature...I love it...I can listen to it all day, I can talk without my camera on if I want or I can talk with my camera on....I got so many phone numbers from people all over the world if I need a "Sponsor"...there is not a negative thing about clicking on that link.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
You don't have to be seen or heard...when you click on the red button it pulls up a screen that asks to "join with video" OR "join without video" just hit the join without video...they can't hear your surroundings they have you muted.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks Misssy. I was thinking about checking one of these out and looked but most of them are at specific times. I simply wanted to see what they were like, so a 24/7 option is probably the way to go.

May I ask in what way they help you? Never participated but a lot of people talk about it here, so has made me curious.
If you listen they will help you too...its hard for me to explain how they help me...well #1 when I feel alone....and I click on the link...people are talking...and they are talking about how being away from alcohol has improved their lives...

They also read many different things....my favorite meeting is at 10am Eastern time its "Just for Today" the man at the start of the meeting reads everything he will or will not do "Just for Today" I think the list is probably out on the internet somewhere but hearing someone read it....is just comforting...

Or sometimes I hear someone who drank just like me....and its weird.
Or someone comes on and they are only 1 day sober and you hear the PAIN in their voices and stories.....I talked on there when I was 9 days sober....and it is amazing..how much love pours out from the rest of the Country....

It does so much for me....I am so grateful to have it to listen to ...and then if you ever get brave and want to talk...there is a place to "raise your hand" and they call on you in the order the hands went up...Just try listening to it....If your an alcoholic you will like it.

If you happen to land on one that it seems they are talking all about God...and it bothers you (bothers me sometimes) just turn the volume down for a while....then reboot the volume and you will be happy to hear a lot that you hear on there.
Old 04-18-2020, 11:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

May I ask you where do you get the "Meeting Password"? I can't enter otherwise. :/
Old 04-18-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EndGame

Good to know, Missy.

Reaching out for help can bring much-needed relief at a time when it's most needed. We don't know until we do it.

Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Samantha

Re: This 24/7 AA link saved my life yesterday

I am on here right now. I love it. Plus even a few people from my city.....I might even get a sponsor! Miracle for me right now.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Re: This 24/7 AA link saved my life yesterday

Thats awesome!