Notices

Hey You! Check In!

Old 04-27-2020, 10:20 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Re: Hey You! Check In!

Hello Dee, everyone,I 'm still here too and still sober (few speed bumps along the way). Doing well, and learning to make better choices. One of which - check back in here. Nice to see and remember so many familiar names.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

70 days sober tomorrow!ÂÂ
Going through a lot of grief right now, but I signed up for a writing class and am generally doing really well. Figuring out distance learning with my kid and keeping all my appointments. Did have a root canal which they put off for two weeks (I had a temperature of 100 exactly) and I thought that would be it for me. All better now.ÂÂ
Hope y’all are well!ÂÂ
Old 04-27-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Prettiekittie and Calitano
D
Old 04-29-2020, 07:51 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Day 640 for me. Have been pretty busy working, but do lurk every now and then.
Hope you are all well!
Old 04-29-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hey! Zighoul checking in. We're at the start of the morel season here & I'm getting excited to hit the woods. Day 475 of sober life begins tomorrow according to my app. Cool thread idea Dee
Old 04-29-2020, 08:44 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you NerfThis and Zighoul
D
Old 04-29-2020, 08:54 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi Dee!! Can I reload for a Day 1?
Old 04-29-2020, 08:55 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sure can - everyone is welcome Oregonsitegirl welcome back!
D
Old 04-30-2020, 12:09 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Berrybean checking in.
Just off to work - just a handful of more vulnerable students attending school and staff working on a rota to support them and rest of the time teaching from home.
Grateful that all my family and friends are well, and saddened to hear about those of us who can't say the same. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
This whole covid-19 fiasco is not good at all - only one sure way we can make it worse and that's to drink / use on it. Need to keep working our recovery programs for certain now. I'm esp finding it important to take care of those HALT triggers as routine is often out of the window,
Hungry Angry Lonely Tired - all those triggers can knock us sideways, esp if two or more come into play at once. Thinking of starting a HALT buster thread to discuss how people are (or are struggling with) keeping those triggers at bay at the moment.
Keep trudging on SRers.
BB
Old 04-30-2020, 01:30 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to have you around again too Berrybean
D
Old 04-30-2020, 06:59 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good to see all of you checking in.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:00 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hello everyone! This is *such* a great thread!
Old 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Hi guys!! I miss this place

I am doing well up in Saskabush... I haven't been around here in many months now.
I celebrated 18 months sober on April 5th, the longest I've been sober in my adult life. I give sooo much credit to all the amazing support I've gotten on SR over the past 5 or so years I've been here (has it been longer?! I can't remember!)
This is definitely strange times, and I am lonely... think I'll stick around for awhile.

(((((group hugs)))))
love, Del
edit: Ahh yes, I joined, got butthurt on a relapse in 2015 and deleted my account, and then rejoined in Feb 2016 when I got back on the wagon .... memories!
Old 05-01-2020, 10:24 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Del - and congrats on your sober time
D
Old 05-03-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Starting day 6 , meditated this morning following with a workout. Just checking in to tell everyone have a great day.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
under new management

it's so great to see old and new faces
Old 05-03-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Just wanted to come by and say hi, and this thread seems a good place for that. I’ve been keeping busy any way I can. I’ve been running, hitting the beach (i picked a quiet one where social distancing is easy), homeschooling, drawing/crafting, playing “just dance” on the Nintendo with the fam, baking (an ugly yet tasty chocolate chip cheesecake), and reading. Also, I’ve been trying to teach my dog “put your toys away,” but he doesn’t get it and just drags more toys out into the middle of the floor. Oh well, he’s cute.
So all is well in Bonnieland. Now I’m going to go watch a British detective show (Midsomer Murders) with Mr. Bonnie. That’s been our thing lately. Never a dull moment! Take care, people.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:25 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

it is great Rose - hi to you and Bonnie and stickyone
D
Old 05-03-2020, 08:10 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just want to say how grateful I am for two things: One, that I'm sober thru this, and Two, that I have my computer and internet to connect with all of you.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Wow, if this was posted April 10, and today is May 3, I guess I haven’t checked in in awhile. I didn’t read the whole thread because it’s late here and I was just looking in before I go to bed. But I’m here, I’m sober, I have been sober and intend to stay sober, and I’ve been BUSY. I had returned to school in January after 20 years. It was weird enough with all of the tech in education now (not bad, just very different) and then it got very different in March going online only. I won’t go into too much detail but some of my classes became much more time intensive.
My in laws probably had the virus but couldn’t get a test because they didn’t qualify for the first few weeks and then began to get better so just didn’t get tested. We’ve seen them a few times by way of dropping care packages at their house and talking to them from the window of the car while they are in the doorway of their house. They are lovely people and I miss them.
I miss everyone. I can feel how much this has changed me. It’s still so surreal.
I live in a state that is open for business now and we haven’t hit the curve yet so I’m worried for others... and myself. I’m supposed to have a surgery in a week and I fear going to the hospital. The workers are protesting that it’s an unsafe hospital. They did a demonstration on Friday. One of them died from the virus and others are sick. One of the professors at my school died. It’s all over the news locally but the state lifted restrictions.
It’s been strengthening for my sobriety. I want to live to see this through and I want to not get sick. I am SO GRATEFUL for sobriety.
xoxo-b