Notices

Coronavirus (COVID 19) Thread part 3

Old 04-14-2020, 05:28 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great news, Newbeginnings. Good for you!
Old 04-14-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days, Newbeginnings!
Old 04-14-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Did I hear 30 days?
Ok... now it is time to get this virus over with.... can't stay inside any longer... but if I have to .......

Maybe they will lift the stay at home order soon..... I just hope.... not like I am going to go anywhere.....
Old 04-14-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

We think one of my mother's carers has the virus now. She hasn't been here in over 3 weeks due to the fact her sister was in contact with someone infected. Her sister got tested last week and both are sick with symptoms now.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Reid, I hope your mom is okay, and her carers are too.

Congrats on 30 days, NB.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

We're all fine here. I hope my carer recovers quickly though, she's been a big loss here but I know she wouldn't be back for a while now, the main thing is she gets better.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:19 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
p***enger

Stay well, Reid, and your mom, too. Best wishes too for her carers.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:21 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Well I bought a bike to vary my government allocated once a day walk and get fit. Yes...I might have to ease into it, as I haven't really exercised much for 20 years
Old 04-14-2020, 11:38 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Bim, I hear you on not having workers in the house. She says as 2 people are banging away downstairs on the fireplace. What to do? House still not done.....but it does look great. It is unrecognizable down stairs. Upstairs I'm pretty much camping with my dog and cat (that thank god I didn't poison and is doing well....I posted that somewhere. Feline killer). I look like an old woman who has been living in a trailer, without her glasses or a lint roller. I am actually going to color my own hair. Yes. My clever stylist is making up 'do at home kits'. Wish me luck. Hopefully my hair won't fall out. Then I'll really look horrid. But on the plus side, I'm getting in very good shape again. Yay.

Attitudes. Weird time huh? Other than my insane neighbors having a garage sale (WHA?) people have been good here. I mean, I don't actually talk to anyone. Guys in my house are respectful. My daughter is actually thriving in a lot of ways (figure that one out). I'm pretty much the same. I would LOVE to clean my damn house, like Mera. Just clean and clean. Pretty soon I'll have that opportunity.

So for the goal-less, the talent-less (I am good at yoga...I'll give myself that) and the aspiration-less: This is OUR time. The bird to those that want to preach, cast shadows, pass judgments. If you want to learn to paint impressionist art, pick up the harpsichord, finally actually do a rubix cube? Well knock yourself out. I'll be happy when I can simply vacuum.

If I am breathing, able to hug my kid, walk my dog and pay my bills? Mission accomplished!!! XOXOXO
Old 04-14-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by entropy1964 View Post
If I am breathing, able to hug my kid, walk my dog and pay my bills? Mission accomplished!!! XOXOXO
Bravo to this

I don't have a kid or a dog so I will switch those out to hug my husband and walk myself

Thanks, entropy (flips)
Old 04-14-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by sunpengwn View Post
Did I hear 30 days?
Ok... now it is time to get this virus over with.... can't stay inside any longer... but if I have to .......

Maybe they will lift the stay at home order soon..... I just hope.... not like I am going to go anywhere.....
Not sure where you are sunpengwn but here in Australia they're saying it will have to stay in place for a while yet - no one wants to lift restrictions and then have a second wave of this thing happen that might be as massive and as deadly as the first wave or worse.

D
Old 04-14-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
p***enger

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but it's sure my best self-comfort in a while.

Old 04-14-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

The Pogues are deadly. Billy Bragg too. So many.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:10 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hobbits are my neighbours. And Red lives there too.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:16 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aellyce2 View Post
The upside of the lockdown for ordinary consumers, especially in expensive areas of the world: a marked bump on my bank account! I tend to be quite minimalistic and don't go on shopping sprees, don't buy/accumulate things I don't need, but definitely spend quite some money on self-care services, entertainment and travel on a regular basis. I was looking at my balance for the past month and a half, comparing it with normal average - kinda surprised at how much I do spend on so-called "non-essential" stuff usually. And a pleasant "raise" I never asked for or deserved now. Maybe I could live this way more often, even without a forced shutdown? A bit similar feeling to seeing what you save after not drinking for a couple months, just more
My wife's personal shopping has been knocked down too. There was more money in the accounts! What turned her off was this piece of furniture she ordered as the pandemic was affecting Washingron state. Guess where the delivery was coming from? She was afraid to have it delivered so it was diverted to Fed Ex location to sit. Only problem was when we went to pick it up, the box was so big it wouldn't fit in the vehicle. I had to open the box to try and remove the item. It was a windy day and thousands of packing peanuts flew out and it was a huge mess. I cannot believe how many were in the box. It took 3 garbage bags to collect the ones that made it home. But we didnt contract the virus at least, and she hasn't bought much since then.
Old 04-14-2020, 06:36 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I am here Dee....
I understand that if they lift the stay at home thing that we may have to go back to more "stay at home.." I am ok to remain at home with my family.....

Not a problem for me ..... as we have a Border Collie that is not doing well and breathing getting worse as days go by....... Our Husky knows something is up and she is concerned (5 yr old Husky)... But one day at a time for us and our Old Border Collie as he is only 15 yrs old....

So just like the virus going around... just will take longer...
Old 04-14-2020, 07:07 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get to spend a little more time with your Border Collie Sunpengwn
Old 04-14-2020, 07:41 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending up prayers for your Border Collie.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

There is always two sides or two perceptions. People that are required to work (I) and people that unfortunately have to stay home. The most stressful points at work now people are paranoid and frankly scared to be out with good reason and then the few that just don't take any serious precautions. It's a very unpleasant reality and I don't how fast we'll recover but it will take everyone being on the same page at least meeting in the middle.

There is some things I will understand like entire families going to the grocery store again some taking no precaution at all not even to wear a face covering that should in theory at least stop or slow transmission and protect yourself even if minimal. Then you have people that are terrified (for good reason) that simply can't go outside or walk down the street for fresh air both through choice and some areas by law. Some plan to wait until a vaccine is available which could be one year or 5 years. I try my very best to protected myself and others while out, I can't live in bubble, but there are days I want to.

It some ways it reminds of very early sobriety, and that some people still aren't on board and in denial of the situation, and no body wants this approach we're taking to relapse. I think some people realize large events, sports, bars, large outside events are gone for a while regardless if some areas of the service economy opens and at the earliest by June in the US. I would overall I've always been a loner, but I enjoy friendship, visiting the family, going to events without the possibility of my actions and the actions of others putting some one in the hospital. Even though studies suggest 80 percent have mild symptoms and of that 80 percent 50 percent may have NO symptoms at all.

Trying to find and maintain a middle ground and social endurance is going to be a very tough challenge for everyone.
Old 04-15-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

This is beautiful.

Last edited by Dee74; 04-15-2020 at 01:43 PM. Reason: removed FB link