Notices

Hello!

Old 04-03-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello!

Hello all, my username is sunnydays44, I am an RN and a Baccalaureate nursing student. I am interested in learning more about your experiences with alcohol. This will help me understand the real life challenges of patients with alcoholism, and I will use this information to better care for my future patients. Also, on a personal note, my father died of alcoholism, and my current boyfriend drinks Jim Beam and diet coke everyday. So this forum would help me greatly. Thank you
Old 04-03-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You are welcome to use our boards as child of an alcoholic and/or a partner of an alcoholic and I'm glad you found us. However, we are very protective of our vulnerable members. Therefore, we don't allow any information here to be used for school studies or research.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I am interested what you know about alcoholism as well. The Dr's viewpoint vs the recovering addict's viewpoint.

Quid pro quo, but not in a strict sense. More of a curiosity sense for me anyway.

On that note, what type of behaviors do medical pro's label alcoholic. Do medical professionals ever tell someone, "you are an addict"?

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

well, in general its an ugly disease and a horrible way to die, and it does kill. Yet, we openly accept alcohol in society and glamorize drinking to a certain extent.

No one is immune. Dr.'s, teachers, pilots, executives, roofers, landscapers, nurses, authors, actors....you get the idea.

What can you expect? A lot of liars, cheaters, stealers, to justify their addiction. Health-wise, I think it ranges from plain old withdrawals to ascites of the abdomen which is harsh.

I wish you the best. Alcoholics (and everyone) need good informed health care professionals.