SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Progress Update (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/446485-progress-update.html)

RPM 03-26-2020 08:20 AM

Progress Update

Hi All,

I am proud to say I’m over 230 days since I’ve last been intoxicated and made the decision to change my life for the better.
I had one minor slip along the way at a work function I feared not fitting in if I didn’t have a drink with dinner so I ordered the lightest lowest alcohol option available. I had just one and that was seven weeks ago.
I could really beat myself up about that single beer, in reality I think that experience helped. I realized that a single low alcohol beer doesn’t make me fit in with the drinkers, it doesn’t make me funnier or dance better (neither does 15 honestly) so it’s gotten me away from the obsession with not being able to fit in without moderate drinking. Moderate drinking is a waste of calories.
While I would like to be able to say not a single drink in over 230 days, I can’t. However I am celebrating massive progress over that timeframe. And can proudly still say 7 weeks totally sober and lessons learned along the way.

biminiblue 03-26-2020 10:03 AM

congrats on your sober time! Keep it going. :)

Sohard 03-26-2020 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by RPM (Post 7411728)
Hi All,

I am proud to say I’m over 230 days since I’ve last been intoxicated and made the decision to change my life for the better.
I had one minor slip along the way at a work function I feared not fitting in if I didn’t have a drink with dinner so I ordered the lightest lowest alcohol option available. I had just one and that was seven weeks ago.
I could really beat myself up about that single beer, in reality I think that experience helped. I realized that a single low alcohol beer doesn’t make me fit in with the drinkers, it doesn’t make me funnier or dance better (neither does 15 honestly) so it’s gotten me away from the obsession with not being able to fit in without moderate drinking. Moderate drinking is a waste of calories.
While I would like to be able to say not a single drink in over 230 days, I can’t. However I am celebrating massive progress over that timeframe. And can proudly still say 7 weeks totally sober and lessons learned along the way.

Spectacular! In my mind, you are 230 days sober. I mean, you had the smallest of small taste tests, and it taught you such an important lesson you are clearly carrying with you. And you were SO STRONG not to let that completely derail you. I could never be that strong. At 325 days sober today, if I had just one sip, I’d be off to the races. I’m so impressed you held it together. You should be so proud of yourself. Congratulations. You got this. 💛

sugarbear1 03-26-2020 11:33 AM

Congrats on 7 weeks of sobriety!

Fearlessat50 03-26-2020 11:41 AM

Congrats on your sober progress! Keep it going!

ZIP 03-26-2020 01:30 PM

Excellent. Sober mornings sure beat daily hangovers, indeed.

Hevyn 03-26-2020 02:22 PM

That is wonderful news, RPM. Thanks for letting us know. :)

wiscsober 03-26-2020 02:39 PM

Great to hear! Keep it up!