SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Coronavirus (COVID 19) Thread part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/446481-coronavirus-covid-19-thread-part-2-a.html)

HeadEast 04-04-2020 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Steely (Post 7417958)
The cartoon was stupid and insensitive and I regret posting it.

I felt helpless.

I liked it!

biminiblue 04-04-2020 02:31 PM

Thanks, Venus. I wouldn't use the gloves anyway. I'm barely using my homemade mask.

I did go to the grocery, the gas station AND the pet store today and if we have to count on other people to do the right thing we're all in trouble.

I won't even go into it - so much bad hygiene...and I even caught myself making a couple mistakes.

I worked for years in restaurants though, and how more people don't die from eating in restaurants is beyond me. So much poor hygiene, and that was in a very nice restaurant.

Steely 04-04-2020 02:44 PM

Thank you bim.

The cartoon is that of a philosophical duck who hangs about with a man with a teapot on his head. I understand that duck, and hoped you would as well.

It is sweet philosophy, thats all.

My love to all. Even when I say that I feel insensitive.

Steely 04-04-2020 02:46 PM

Thanks HeadEast.

This is such a fragile journey.

biminiblue 04-04-2020 02:55 PM

Steely, I really like this Leunig cartoon :)

https://leunig.com.au/images/recent-...tion-angel.jpg

venuscat 04-04-2020 02:55 PM

:) ❤️

Steely 04-04-2020 03:12 PM

Bim, you broke my heart. In a good way. 😇

Dee74 04-04-2020 03:13 PM

Hey Bim

just wanted to say I'm sorry. I was thinking of alot of things but not about job losses mortgages and the like.

Thats not ok, but I really hope you get to stay where you are once this is all over. I know you love that place.

D

MyLittleHorsie 04-04-2020 03:15 PM

More shut downs and shut ins today.

Yesterday they shut down industrial construction except hospitals, so dh is home. Good he can run his side of our business, logistics, I don't know. Not my bag at all. He can listen to the drivers whine because they have nowhere to crap. Apparently my suggestion of portable composting toilets was insensitive. A 50 year old trucker called me insensitive, I've never been more proud. Mr Horsie can hold their hands and wipe their tears. Joking, the drivers do have it tough right now, I still don't see what the issue is with my suggestion.

For us, any residential construction started before April 4th can continue, everything else is stopped.
Hardware and auto parts, pet stores, all have to go to curbside pick up.

I did a feed run today. People are getting snakey online. One lady went on a rant because the local greenhouse was delivering, people should go to TSC - uh lady, buzz off. We don't want common folk around our agricultural stores. Almost everyone at the feed mill was wearing masks, farmers can't get sick, there is no rescheduling shifts in agriculture.

Despite us both being without income right now, some passive investments, but those drop daily and we aren't aggressive investors, I am so glad dh is home. I hated him in the city every day.

So we are all home, working, it keeps me sane, I tilled 2 gardens, tomorrow I am hoping to be in the fields, I am hoping half loads come off around here soon and we can start running fertilizer. I just want my family safe. I try not to stop, because then I will think and right now, I can't allow myself to do that. Stay safe and do what we have to do to survive.

biminiblue 04-04-2020 03:19 PM

Thanks, Dee.

....and, there's sumthin' in my eye. . . TTYL.

Steely 04-04-2020 03:30 PM

I'm all over the shop Venus. I have never met anyone here but have formed a connection and so terrible to watch this unfold before my eyes. So terrible to know the people I have read and responded to are in trouble at the moment. I want to help, but I can't.

I am so glad you are safe Venus.

venuscat 04-04-2020 03:46 PM

You are helping. Every single day. Your kindness and empathy and wisdom and compassion is everything. You are wonderful Steely. You always help me. xxx :hug: s ❤️

Bonniefloyd 04-04-2020 04:08 PM

Stopping in to say hi. I’m doing well over here in Houston. My 19-year-old son almost got stranded abroad and had a very difficult time finding his way back home, but he’s here now. I’m just glad to have my whole family safe at home. Also, my dog is loving this whole situation. He probably thinks we’re all hanging around just to give him attention.

My thoughts are with those of you being impacted by this. It sucks not knowing how long this will go on and how badly we and those around us will be affected. Sending virtual hugs!

Anyway, gotta go — it’s family movie night over here In the Bonniefloyd household. (Every night is family movie night lately.) Tonight we’re watching “Big” with Tom Hanks. Take care. ❤️

least 04-04-2020 07:03 PM

Tonight we’re watching “Big” with Tom Hanks
Oh, that's one of my very favorite movies! :) Good choice! :)

SoberCAH 04-04-2020 07:23 PM

My wife and I are doing fairly well.

She has temporarily closed her shop, but continues to look after our cattle and crops farm.

I practice law, but our firm is closed to the public and operates on a skeletal staff with most other attorneys working from home.

We scrub our hands all day long and mask up and glove up when we leave the house.

Best to all of you.

2muchpain 04-04-2020 08:06 PM

ok, heres a joke. A duck walks into a grocery store. He or she buys his or hers groceries and walks (waddles) up to the checkout counter. The clerk rings up the bill. He or she tells the duck what the cost and asked him or her if she wants to pay in cash or check. He says neither. Just put in on my bill. Get it. on my bill. Ok, not a great joke, but that's all I have. If I got one ha ha out of it from someone, it was worth it. God I'm a funny guy. John

Dee74 04-04-2020 08:59 PM

Mindfulness Animated in 3 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjtfyuTTQFY

lessgravity 04-04-2020 09:03 PM

I'm not one to get overly alarmed about things. I was living in NYC, downtown in fact, before and after 9/11. I've had my share of tragedies and pain, like most of us. But tonight when I was grilling out back on my balcony, I still live in NYC, the only sounds were sirens - ambulances, police cars etc. It really was chilling. Perhaps I'll speak about my personal and very close experience with this horror of a virus soon. Just here to say, from the epicenter of this crap, it's so real and it takes no prisoners. Grateful to be sober.

Dee74 04-04-2020 09:07 PM

The whole world is watching and wishing you guys well less.

Cosima11 04-04-2020 09:54 PM

I frankly haven't wanted to know the details of how this is or will be impacting the housing market, but I'm starting to pay more attention. Bimini, I really hope you can find a way to stay in your place. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help (I certainly at least have the time to research or ask about types of aid that might be available).

Just a snapshot of the small amount I do know: obviously mortgages and foreclosures are on the front line of it. The government may be offering mortgage forbearance to home owners in some cases but that doesn't prevent the mortgage "servicers" from having to cover that cost each month. So policies will change to make up for it in other ways.

Minimum credit score requirements have been raised by 100 points at least with FHA loans, along with other stricter policies. Loans that were in the process of closing but don't meet new requirements were or will be cancelled.
Everyone who was planning on buying soon but gets laid off or doesn't return to their same job, needs to start the 2 year employment verification process all over again. The new wave of foreclosures will of course impact appraisals and bring down property values.

Haven't dug any deeper yet but just hoping I can somehow move forward with my own plans after this and find ways of helping others as well.