Time to bounce back 👍
I'll crack it in the end.
Never give up. 🐸
Hey Vinny love....I know it's unbelievably stressful right now. s
With you every step. s ❤️
Old 03-20-2020, 05:19 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Only a days difference Vman, day 2 for me so I feel the same feels you are right now I’m sure. We can do this, done it before and we’ll do it again till it sticks! Every faith in you x

Change of plan as my counsellor can’t do today but we are doing tomorrow instead. Took MantaCat the 1st (tnxs Bim I like mantacat lol) to the vet and said just have to wait for it to sort itself out same as MantaKitten. Finally managed to get some toilet roll so sorted on that front for a while. Just ran a bath and put in some lavender oil drops and Dead Sea salt in and are going to wash this relapse outta my hair!

After that will spend the rest of the day doing a house tidy and clean, get the coal in the bunker delivered yesterday, clean out the fireplace, organise my food in the fridge so I know what I have got, put on clean bedsheets. Then as long as I keep doing the basics for the rest of the week I’ll feel better and can’t use “housework” as an excuse not to get walking. The weather is meant to be really good for the next week aswell, plenty of sunshine and dry.

I got added to an AA walking group who go somewhere for a walk every Sunday but the rehab online meeting is Sunday morning, I need to do both so not sure what to do but will worry about that Sunday I guess.

Anyhow, your furbaby is georgous Willow and hope you sleep well x
Old 03-20-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Willow, that cat looks pretty chill. I'm guessing that the bull arabs and the kitties are not always bosom buddies. Not yet ready for another dog, but you have me thinking about bull arabs when that time comes. My grandfather told me once that when he was working hogs a lot and had hog dogs around the house, they also had cats to manage the rodent population, but because of the dogs, the cats mostly lived in the trees like squirrels.

Hope everyone has a great day with plenty of potty paper.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I tried to get a frontal view, but he took a swipe at my fingers. Has teeth now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC09897jobu.jpg (68.5 KB, 53 views)
Old 03-20-2020, 06:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Mr

Manta when you mention rehab online meeting is that open to all or private from your stay in Thailand...?

I have been having trouble finding online meetings.
Old 03-20-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

It probably is from Manta's rehab.....I am going to see if I can find something for you Vinny love. s xx

https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/find-...aa528d9538c81b

Linked with the permission of AA World Services Inc.

Not sure if you wanted French links.

Last edited by Dee74; 03-20-2020 at 02:08 PM. Reason: aa.org copyright requirement
Old 03-20-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good Friday Morning, folks.

I had a moment or two of not exactly panic this morning, but a much higher level of alarm than I have had yet with this whole thing. I have been just putting one foot in front of the other up to this point, dealing with each new change at work, getting needed food, setting up to work at home, taking care of things and people and animals. But as I was watching the news this morning (bad idea) I started to really worry about the future. And it's sinking in that people I know will probably get sick, if this thing blows up here like it has in other countries. California is basically on lockdown now. I'm doing my best to stay home and not go out, I've only been out to the grocery store a couple of times and I did have to go to work for about a half hour yesterday. Work is now going to severely restrict who can get into the buildings, as the few people who HAVE to be on campus are basically defenseless if people with bad intentions are allowed free access. So the buildings are being locked as of today and only a very few people will be able to swipe their badges to get in. I *THINK* I will be one of them. Not sure yet. I'll find out today. Anyway I was thinking about all of that and it all just kind of hit me. I don't do real well with uncertainty. I tend to like to know what's likely to happen. This is a really different feeling for me and I need to examine it and figure out how to cope. I know we are in this together and many people have it way worse than I do, so that's a thought I need to keep at the forefront. It's all going to be OK.

Last night's dinner was really good, minus the cake disaster. Food was delicious, we watched some Netflix, and were just getting ready for cake and candles when I realized my furnace wasn't working right. It's still quite cold here (right now it's only 20 F with a stiff wind) so I knew it needed immediate attention. I called the after hours number of the local service I have used for other things, and they sent a guy out right away (he just happens to live only a few blocks from me). It was a simple matter to reset a sensor that had tripped because of some overheating in the unit due to the filter being clogged with what we think is drywall dust from when I had my kitchen done last summer. I am good about replacing the filters, but there must be a lot of dust built up in my ductwork. So, high on my list is to get the ducts cleaned. Hopefully next week. But I was so impressed and grateful that I was able to have a functioning furnace about one hour after I noticed something was wrong. I love this small town for this kind of thing. I have no idea how much it's going to cost... Oh, well. I am not spending much money right now since we can't do anything...

So we didn't have the back-up cake. It's still in the refrigerator. Calling my name.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:02 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening/night, all. Love, too. ❤️

Weekenders is an amazing group. I am so thankful that, in this world of quarantines, isolations, shelters-in-place, we Weekenders can still get together - another blessing of sobriety.

Vman, my friend - sending you so much love. I know that you absolutely want this; don’t ever give up. My suggestion is that you come here and talk to us before buying the alcohol and picking up. So many here have said that the relapse starts long before you pick up so please talk to us when those thoughts or triggering feelings begin. Please try and make us an integral part of your Plan. You are very important to the people here.

So the a weekend is here! Let’s do this!
Old 03-20-2020, 07:11 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I got sent a list of daily online AA meetings on my what’s app, I’ll try and send to you in a PM Vman. The Sunday one is a closed meeting for people who were at the rehab unfortunately x
Old 03-20-2020, 07:17 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Ok Vinny, just sent you all the links I have!! Hope they help. I am going to try and join the first one the UK 7pm as think that is based in the northwest UK.

x
Old 03-20-2020, 07:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Mr

Thanks 👍
Old 03-20-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

You Rock, Suze and Manta! ❤️
Old 03-20-2020, 07:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
vv280.jpg (31.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 03-20-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I am not sure if this is allowed so apologies Dee if I shouldn’t have done this but thinking it might be helpful for anyone struggling to get to a meeting..

Both Sides of the Pond (Go to Meeting)
Meeting Code: 578551005
Monday: 8pm UK / 3pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: Both Side of the Pond (BSOTP)

• Into Action Online (Skype)
Tuesday: 9pm UK / 4pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: Into Action Online

• A.Vision.For.You (Skype)
Wednesday: 3am UK / Tuesday: 10pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: A.Vision.for.You

• Back to Basics / Step Study (Go To Meeting)
Meeting code: 685632533
Wednesday: 2pm UK / 9am NYC

• We Can Recover (Skype)
Wednesday: 8pm UK / 3pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: We Can Recover

• La4e.Dimension (Skype)
French Language Meeting
Wednesday: 9pm UK / 4pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: La4e.Dimension

Both Sides of the Pond (Go to Meeting)
Meeting Code: 578551005
Thursday: 8pm UK / 3pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: Both Side of the Pond (BSOTP)

• Into Action Online (Skype)
Friday: 9pm UK / 4pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: Into Action Online

• The 4th Dimension (Skype)
Saturday: 9am UK / 4am NYC
Skype Contact Name: The 4th Dimension

• ‘De Driehock van Herstel’ ‘The Triangle of Recovery’ (Skype)
Dutch Language Meeting
Saturday: 10am UK / 5am NYC
Skype Contact Name: De Driehock van Herstel

• We Can Recover (Skype)
Saturday: 8pm UK / 3pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: We Can Recover

• C.A in Times of Illness(Go to Meeting)
Meeting Code: 849897589
Sunday: 8pm UK / 3pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: C.A. in Times of Illness

• Reaching Out (Skype)
Every day: 11pm UK / 6pm NYC
Skype Contact Name: Reaching Out 121
Old 03-20-2020, 07:29 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Oooo, just found this link......

https://alcoholics-anonymous.eu/online-meetings/
Old 03-20-2020, 07:43 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

That’s great Venus! Thanks! xx
Old 03-20-2020, 08:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

It was because of your post love....I somehow couldn't find it before, and then remembered to add skype to my search.

I need these as well....going to join one. s xx
Old 03-20-2020, 09:38 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Equinox weekend gang. It is not a bad day for both hemispheres. For those of us on the northern side it means the days are now longer than the nights and for you in sone parts of the southern hemisphere it means relief from oppressive heat and bushfires so all in all a good milestone.

Vinny, I'm glad you are with us on the thread. I know you are going through even tougher times than some of us what with a young family and you quitting your job a while back. You will beat this.

Thanks for posting the links Manta, Venus.

Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
Day 125 - 4 months have gone by so far as well as 5 days on top of that. I'm 1/3rd a year plus the extra 5 days since 30 x 12 is only 360 or 360 days. So I only have 8 months (30 days each month) until the 1 year mark.
Congratulations on 125 days Mathmatics. Well done sir!

It is a Leap Year this year so I reckon you have done 100 ÷ 366 × 125 or 34.1530054645% of a year (approximately)
Old 03-20-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi love. s xx

Hey bim ~ you are on my mind. All of the time actually. Just wanted to say hi.

s xx