Notices

Perspective

Old 03-16-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Perspective

Is this corona covid 19 giving us as alcoholics perspective? Is it saying that drinking is not the worst thing in the world? Is it saying that stuff does not really matter. We are screwed anyway? Trickey.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's mostly telling me it's a good job you don't drink so you don't have to go out every five minutes like a ### to feed a habit and potentially spread a virus.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I see that it’s telling me that I definitely don’t need alcohol as one more thing to be worried about or harm myself with.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The last few days I’ve thought to myself thank god I don’t have drinking on top of this. And also thank god I have enough money to weather the storm - and that’s only possible cos I’m not drinking.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope that anyone who drinks because 'we're all doomed' thinks about it a little more.

We're not all doomed....there's still way more chance of dying from addiction than COVID19 right now,

this will pass and the very vast majority of us will be here having to pick up the pieces

D
Old 03-16-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

I have to agree with the fact that I am sober for this so I don’t have to worry about my stash and curfews and benders and taking up medical beds while someone with the virus may need it. I’m prone to pneumonia and so I’m really not wanting to get this. I can’t imagine having alcohol suppress my immune system and catching this. I’ll be as ready as I can be thanks to being sober. This includes mind and body.

Don’t let this stuff give the AV a leg up everyone....be safe and really really practice your gratitude.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Covid 19 has definitely caused me some anxiety, but not once has it caused me to consider drinking. Alcohol would only make my anxiety skyrocket, and take away the time I have to spend with family.
Old 03-16-2020, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callas View Post
Is this corona covid 19 giving us as alcoholics perspective? Is it saying that drinking is not the worst thing in the world? Is it saying that stuff does not really matter. We are screwed anyway? Trickey.
I've found it's made me analyze what's most important in my life. What and whom I value. Drugs are not on the list.