Notices

Exciting times.

Old 03-16-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exciting times.

This pandemic is quite exciting. I don't mean exciting in a good way but rather exciting in how it has disrupted life as we know it. Exciting
how things will never be the same. Exciting how this pandemic will be a pivotal moment in human history. As far as global impact, this pandemic is the most significant event since World War II.

I am taking this disruption as an opportunity to reevaluate my life. I am only 7 days sober. I have no desire to drink even though this is the perfect opportunity to just get wasted alone in my apartment for a couple weeks. I want to be sober and aware. Good chance I get the virus in the next few weeks

Stay safe everyone!
Old 03-17-2020, 01:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Every day we wake up and decide what we want the rest of our lives to be. It's not all up to us but indeed, interesting times. I'm glad to face it sober!
Old 03-17-2020, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
luring sobriety this way with my lucky charm

"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." - Sun Tzu
Old 03-17-2020, 09:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeckoningCat View Post
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." - Sun Tzu
I like that.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Perspective is everything. I can imagine there are many people who are going to run from and endure this in a state of constant inebriation. Thankfully the world tends to be run by sober doctors and emergency responders and leaders who don't drink from when the sun comes up, at least by and large.

Grateful to be among the sober ones this time around.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
This pandemic is quite exciting. I don't mean exciting in a good way but rather exciting in how it has disrupted life as we know it. Exciting
how things will never be the same. Exciting how this pandemic will be a pivotal moment in human history. As far as global impact, this pandemic is the most significant event since World War II.

I am taking this disruption as an opportunity to reevaluate my life. I am only 7 days sober. I have no desire to drink even though this is the perfect opportunity to just get wasted alone in my apartment for a couple weeks. I want to be sober and aware. Good chance I get the virus in the next few weeks

Stay safe everyone!
This is all really well said!