SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Alcohol will take everything (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/446228-alcohol-will-take-everything.html)

snitch 03-11-2020 01:49 PM

Alcohol will take everything

Alcohol will take everything. It will take your dignity, your self worth, your self respect, your morals, your peace of mind, your money, your friends, your kids, your partner, your job, your home and it won't stop there. It's ultimate goal is to take your life.

Alcoholism is a KILLER illness. It is the FIRST drink that does the damage. We all have one thing in common. We have to stay away from that first drink no matter what. How we do that is down to our own personal choice of recovery but not taking that first drink is VITAL. Our lives depend on it.

Never forget what you are dealing with here. Alcohol is literally poison to people like us and will destroy EVERYTHING we hold dear.

Sobriety is a GIFT. A true gift. And those of us who find it really are the lucky ones.

Make that choice today to save your life. You are worth it.

🙏❤

Hevyn 03-11-2020 01:54 PM

Thank you, snitch. That's no exaggerration. I'm so thankful we no longer torture ourselves & risk our lives.

snitch 03-11-2020 02:00 PM

Dee, I meant to post this in newcomers and now have a double post. Can you remove this one plse?

gypsyspirit 03-11-2020 02:01 PM

Wow, this is such a great post! Thank you 💜

Hopingwishing 03-11-2020 02:13 PM

Thank you for this post. Really powerful message that needs repeating over and over to counter my av.

Wastinglife 03-11-2020 02:28 PM

I can attest to that since I have indeed lost absolutely everything. The only posession of value I own is my smartphone. I don't even lock my door when I go out because I know there is nothing to steal.

Anna 03-11-2020 02:30 PM

Never underestimate the amount of damage alcohol can do in our lives and how much it can hurt those who love us.

Robbie64 03-11-2020 02:54 PM

Great post snitch.

Over the years I have lost jobs, relationships, self-respect, my physical and mental health and at one point nearly my hometo alcohol. All because I wanted one drink. It's been a harsh and expensive lesson to learn.

Dee74 03-11-2020 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by snitch (Post 7401931)
Dee, I meant to post this in newcomers and now have a double post. Can you remove this one plse?

merged :)
D

Daisybelle 03-11-2020 04:44 PM

Thanks for that reminder Suze, I was glad to read it tonight. xxx

thisisme 03-12-2020 09:43 AM

It will. I have this on my fridge to remind me.

I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world;

I have destroyed more men than all the wars of the all the nations;

I have caused millions of accidents and wrecked more homes than all the floods, tornadoes and hurricanes put together;

I am the worlds' slickest thief.

I steal billions of dollars each year;

I find my victims among the rich and poor alike,

I am relentless, insidious, unpredictable;

I bring sickness, poverty and death;

I give nothing and take all;

I am your worst enemy;

I am alcohol.

brighterday1234 03-12-2020 11:43 AM

Great post. Sobriety indeed is a precious gift. I’m a grateful
alcoholic as it’s given me a truly wonderful life in recovery I would never have had otherwise. Sobriety is great 🙏

PeaceManic 03-12-2020 11:54 AM

Yeah, I've come to a point where the thought of drinking is legitimately frightening. Hopefully most people can stop before they lose too much.