Notices

Day 8

Old 03-09-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you, yes keeping busy I think is the key for me, also I start my language lessons this week as I really would like to get a handle on the language and that will open so many doors for me ie joining clubs etc
Old 03-09-2020, 04:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
As I’ve said many many many times before outside help is 2 hours away by car ie AA, I have tried exercise therapy tablets etc etc
Ok, in that case I do apologize. I try to keep up with multiple people here and must have missed your posts where you said you take tablets, have undergone therapy specifically for your alcohol problem and that the nearest meetings are 2 hours away. I have also asked many many many times what you have tried, but did not see any responses to my own posts, so you must have replied in different threads that I never saw.

I wish you the greatest of luck with your language school. I'm sure the interaction with people will be great and the sense of achievement will help with beating your addiction. Learning new things definitely helps me.

If you find it's not enough, maybe trying that 2 hour trip to a meeting is an option? I commuted over 2 hours for work for many years and would definitely do so if I thought it could save my life. I've never done AA myself, but I know it's helped a huge number of people on this forum.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh and as gypsytears has mentioned, things like yoga help too. I do cardio and weights rather than yoga and it helps me keep focused on being as healthy as possible!
Old 03-09-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Thank you, yes keeping busy I think is the key for me, also I start my language lessons this week as I really would like to get a handle on the language and that will open so many doors for me ie joining clubs etc
I think you'll find you can't keep busy forever, tho?

If you have no other support SR is good for those moments when you want to drink, but don;t want to drink. Post here first, ok?

D
Old 03-09-2020, 04:37 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks yes I will, that’s where I messed up before as I didn’t post when av got hold
Old 03-09-2020, 04:40 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

i was also going to suggest 2 hours driving is not a bad solution. I am sure you are spending much more time doing nothing worth doing while drinking. You may be able to find a couple of evenings a week (or one) to do this.

I also believe you must change something to get a different result.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Nerfthis as much as it’s great to say go two hours to an AA meeting which I have been too before in reality this is impossible for me at the moment, it’s all well and good people saying go to rehab etc everyone’s personal circumstances are different and although it looks great on paper in reality some options aren’t open to everyone
Old 03-09-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 3 here, also a mom of 2. Great job so far and good point on the language lessons opening other social opportunities!
Old 03-09-2020, 05:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks, as to 2 hours drive 4 hours round trip an hour there, it would take me probably 24 hours to walk it and no one here for my kids, I will keep doing what I’m doing and when the av hits I will post and pray, also I think language lessons will also give me a focus
Old 03-16-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Should be about Day 16 mummy, how ya doin?
SR is my only lifeline also. No other reason than it is working so why change it?