Notices

Horses for Courses - Weekender 28 February- 02 March 2020

Old 03-03-2020, 10:45 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I think that is an excellent suggestion about leaving your keys in the locker MantaLady. Physical tiredness is an underrated ally in defeating cravings in my opinion.

Well done Forwards, I'm glad the job hunt is starting to yield results. Fingers crossed.

Vinny, good luck with the insurance claim. It does sound like it should be covered by your policy.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:43 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags! Late to the party this time, but I’m early for the next weekender

Happy birthday Freedomfries I started trying to get sober at 50, and I’m still trying, nearly 2 years on! I wish I’d done it years ago....

Sao I love that castle and all old castles actually ❤️

Well done Manta on posting through everything! I didn’t. I was MIA and I screwed up my weekend by drinking and I am so furious with myself because I’ve felt like complete and utter crap since, and guilty and depressed, and the cravings are once again even harder to resist. The more days under our belt the easier it gets. But I’m back on track on for three days now, and I am absolutely determined not to let it happen again. You’re right. Reaching out to SR when we need help instead of withdrawing, is really really important!
Old 03-04-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I just looked at my sobriety counter. 63 months sober today. Grateful.
Old 03-04-2020, 06:47 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hey Willow xx I feel your frustration and are right there with you. Accountability I am learning is key, it’s too easy to let myself down but much harder when I have promised or committed to another. I hate that I have to do this but I’ve repeat evidence that not doing it doesn’t work to well for me. xx
Old 03-04-2020, 07:35 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

MLD! 63 months is awesome. Congrats!

willow and manta I am so glad y'all are sticking around and most importantly keeping up the good fight.

Accountability100%

We, as alcoholics, can convince OURSELVES of any reason to drink if left alone long enough.
However those on the outside looking in can see through that BS and convince us otherwise.

The next time you want or "need" to drink, no matter how low you feel or or how convincing your AV is, POST!

You may not want to at that moment, you may be in a &*^% it mood but remember the feeling AFTER the drink is over. Where you are now.
And POST up!

IT WORKS!

When I 1st joined SR, about a week in or so, I was scrolling through and a post popped up asking for help.
I am a week in. I know squat about staying sober.
I read it and replied, they replied, I replied, they replied, you get it.

Believe it or not they got through the crisis just by posting.

I, a week in, 0 credibility on staying sober, helped someone stay sober! I can't tell you how good that felt!

It wasn't any special knowledge I had. I take no credit in being the sober whisperer. I was probably talking out of the side of my neck but who cares, I simply replied to a call for help and It Worked!

I found out during the conversation this person had a few years sober and was on the edge of losing it.

Make a post, send a PM, find a meeting, whatever you have to do.
I know you can do it. You just can't do it alone.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:55 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I firmly feel that the second most important AA Step is step 12:

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

It really works better if we give it away. In other words: we help ourselves and others by being there to help and share our own stories and hope. You never know when something you say can save someone's life. I'm not exaggerating.

And reaching out for help is one of the most important things anyone who is struggling can possibly do.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:13 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Willow. Sorry you slipped up but you are still doing well over all. If you can try and analyse what lead up to it so you can take steps to avoid it in future.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:46 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

63 months is fantastic MLD! xx
Old 03-04-2020, 12:37 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I firmly feel that the second most important AA Step is step 12:

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

It really works better if we give it away. In other words: we help ourselves and others by being there to help and share our own stories and hope. You never know when something you say can save someone's life. I'm not exaggerating.

And reaching out for help is one of the most important things anyone who is struggling can possibly do.
Well you know I am not going argue with you darling Marty. s xx

Congrats on 63 months love. ❤️

...our sobriety date is very close.....you are Nov 14 I think? I am Oct. So same. xxxx s xx
Old 03-04-2020, 01:16 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Going to bed sober! Night night lovely weekenders x
Old 03-04-2020, 01:18 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Goodnight lovely Manta.
Sweet dreams honey. s xxxxx ❤️
Old 03-04-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Support to you, Willow
Old 03-04-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Congrats MLD
Old 03-04-2020, 01:44 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 63 months Marty! And Suze! Awesome stuff

Fantastic post about accountability Fish! Really true.
And Fish and Marty, what you both said about helping others is so very true we were just talking about that in another thread

Thanks everybody for the support.

Manta we can do this, we need to remember all those things we learned when we had our long stretch of sobriety. I’m still posting in the May 2018 class from back when I started. You’re always welcome back there too It’s pretty quiet these days, but Bumblebee is still there and the amazing Dee pops in with great words of wisdom (thanks Dee) and a few others occasionally pop in too.

Sao I sometimes feel like a failure for having stuffed up my sobriety again but then I remind myself that I’m still here and still trying and have learned lots of things along the way, and at least I haven’t disappeared off “outside” which I know would be so easily to happen.

See you on the next weekenders! I’m going hiking in the bush all day on Saturday, up a mountain. Some recharging of my soul ❤️
But other than that, I’m going to be sticking close to SR this weekend
Old 03-04-2020, 01:45 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thanks PJ
Old 03-04-2020, 05:20 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post

I don't know that I'm helping anyone else, but it has helped me tremendously to come on SR and tell my stories and rehash all the various aspects of my drinking. It has also been a tremendous help to read the stories of others, especially those who have slipped or had terrible relapses. The sharing of stories on SR has probably been the greatest single source of help for me.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:41 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

CityBoy, talking about your experiences not only helps you but others too. Something might just click with somebody and they get the ahah moment! Keeping talking.

Marty congratulations

Willow good to see you, the 24 hour thread is great for being accountable. (I think I’ve seen you there too) at first it was confirming I was sober for the day then I got reading others posts and thought wow! What amazing bunch of people, all giving 24 hours of sobriety.

Fishkiller great post of accountability!

See you later xx
Old 03-05-2020, 01:05 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ch-2020-a.html (Marching Soberly through the weekend - 06 - 09 March 2020)