Notices

Welp, I relapsed. Doggone it!!!

Old 02-27-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(Long time back) I relapsed after getting out of rehab Horn, many people do.

No more for me, and I'm so glad.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's a life-long struggle. I don't beat myself up about relapse as much as I do about trying to stop. Sobering up is the struggle because I don't want the vague memories to come flooding back. For example, "where are my keys, wallet, cell phone???". Then I start to vaguely remember things that may or may not have happened. Just not sure. Something we all have to deal with...
Old 02-27-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I agree Wastinglife, it bloody 'orrible.

(Also) The rehab environment is so different to the 'real' word. There are constraints in rehab, with entire day to day activity focussed on not drinking, sobriety.

When back in the real world we are finding our feet, and slips can occur. Same as learning anything. Yet we learn, and that's the main thing.
Old 02-27-2020, 05:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What time tomorrow is that AA meeting you told your wife you'd try at this point?
Old 02-27-2020, 05:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
not a greeter

It sounds like you have a solid plan and the support of your wife & doctor. I’m glad you’re back.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post

oh, excuse me master toda. I have not attained your level of sobriety wisdom.

I want to keep you as a friend. But re-read your post. It reeks of arrogance and judgement. I have a lot of work to do. And yes, the problem is I am still at a point of drinking like it is a haircut. Just don’t be a jerk about it.

i came on here looking for help. Not a “we’re similar but I did better post.” Think about what you wrote.

I think if you reread what I wrote with a clear, calm head you'll see the only thing I was "judging" was the way you appear, based on the words you used, to be approaching sobriety after what sounds like a very serious bout of drinking. I don't judge anyone on this site, and the people who know me here know that well. If my perspective and way of thinking about sobriety is not helpful for you, I certainly don't want to get you upset and I don't need to contribute to your threads. I hope you find what you need to aid you in this next stretch and that you can get sober permanently. All the best.
Old 02-27-2020, 09:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Horn, great to hear your positive approach. Great plan.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Horn, surely you can understand that your reaction to your relapse is a bit of a head scratcher. You were at in patient rehab for a month or so, and then thought you could get away on a business trip, get drunk, get sobered up and everyone none of the wiser. Turned out to be an 8 day bender (fyi, an 8 day bender just might kill me). Your reaction in the title: doggone it! Doggone it is what I say when I lock my keys in the car, doggone it is what I say when I missed a touchdown being scored from my favorite team.

Doggone it is not what I say when I know the poison I am playing with has the ability (and desire) to take away everything of value to me, and possibly my family, my health and my life. Just sayin dude.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My last post was yesterday at 8 EST.

Did you go to that mtg Horn?

I'm asking again because I think it demonstrates how seriously you are taking this,.
Old 02-29-2020, 05:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Horn please check in. Let us help support you.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey Horn

I hope you are doing well. It takes a lot of courage and willingness to be vulnerable and post about a bender.

One thing I really struggle with is taking 'things' personally. I know. Its human to do so. But is it useful? Forget about what is being said by another person. I ultimately have no idea what another's intent or motive is, especially here on the internet. But I do have a choice on whether or not to attach to it. Make it part of my narrative.

Humans are sensitive. Well sometimes And even tho addicts don't have the corner on sensitivity, I do think we, or at least I, rely too much on the outside world to define my sense of self. Sheesh, talk about powerless!

When I decide who I am, what I am, what my motives and intent are, I am taking back that power and making it mine, completely. When I let others determine how I feel about myself, I am truly blowing in the wind.

Hang in there.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

All any of us can do if we relapse is pick ourselves up dust ourselves off and try again!
Old 02-29-2020, 08:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Horn, surely you can understand that your reaction to your relapse is a bit of a head scratcher. You were at in patient rehab for a month or so, and then thought you could get away on a business trip, get drunk, get sobered up and everyone none of the wiser. Turned out to be an 8 day bender (fyi, an 8 day bender just might kill me). Your reaction in the title: doggone it! Doggone it is what I say when I lock my keys in the car, doggone it is what I say when I missed a touchdown being scored from my favorite team.

Doggone it is not what I say when I know the poison I am playing with has the ability (and desire) to take away everything of value to me, and possibly my family, my health and my life. Just sayin dude.
My hell people, he relapsed. Does it really matter how he said it or what words he used? Shouldn't we be helping him regain sobriety? Geez.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
My hell people, he relapsed. Does it really matter how he said it or what words he used? Shouldn't we be helping him regain sobriety? Geez.
Yes, it does matter. And if you know Thomas, and many of us here, we have all struggled, relapsed and been through it. Sometimes the words we most need to hear are the hardest ones to take. I think Horn more than has it in him to get sober for good. He's shown that. I think trying to help someone sometimes is being honest about their approach. No one here wants anything but the best for Horn. And only permanent sobriety will bring that.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just a reminder:

Please keep your comments focused on the OP, not other members.
Please use Ignore if someone's posts upset you.

Horn, I hope you check in and let us know how you're doing.
Old 02-29-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

How’s it going Horn?
Old 02-29-2020, 01:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Horn, check in please!
Old 02-29-2020, 02:22 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

On your side Horn. Let us know how you are doing, hey.

Horn I've relapsed so many times it ain't funny. Seventy six says today. It's good.

Heard someone say, "whatever anyone else thinks about me is none of my business."

Hope you are ok.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:34 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hoping this is the last time you go through this misery, Horn.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

It would be great to see you today Horn.

D