Notices

Day 4

Old 02-26-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Wow - you are keeping busy and active! That is great news (it took me a while to get off my butt and start doing things).
I too decided to pick up my guitar for the first time in about 15 years to try again to learn to play. So far, all I have managed is to tune it and learn a few chords.
Summer here so snowshoeing is not an option, although I am only assuming it requires snow?
I agree that there are times when a drink or two has been really enjoyable and I retain some sorrow that I am unable to participate in those enjoyable drinks anymore - one drink for me tends to turn into many drinks followed by hair of the dog in the morning which start the cycle again. But I guess the benefits of being free to live a real and meaningful life out ways the very brief pleasure of a drink.
Love your attitude towards living life to its fullest - a great start to your life changing decision!
You're so right, at this point having a drink is just a brief pleasure. And I feel so much better today for staying busy and making healthier choices.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Made it through day five!! I feel really good tonight, did 2 miles of snowshoeing and an hour of yoga.
Dinner and a good movie coming up next. So nice to feel normal and peaceful today.
I hope you're all feeling peaceful too 🙏
Old 02-26-2020, 05:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
p***enger

Wonderful news, Saorise!

PS a little ice cream is great for cravings, and goes well with movie night, in my experience
Old 02-26-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Coz

Congrats on day 5
Old 02-27-2020, 10:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Saoirse, how is it going?