Notices

Don’t Quit this Weekend - Weekenders 21 - 24 February 2020

Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Magsie

Leigh...

MantaLady...I hope your lamb dinner was good.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Thinking of you Leigh x

The lamb dinner was fantastic Mags. Just when I thought things couldn’t get any better sat there with a full belly and the cats snuggling together there was a knock on the door. My neighbour had returned with a bowl of cream and strawberry cheesecake for my pudding!! Got my bedsheets out on the line today as it’s been dry and a little windy and just ironed them and so looking forward to getting into bed tonight, nothing beats the smell and feel of sheets dried outdoors. Having a Dead Sea salt bath now and a face pack and having an early night.

Today has been a good sober day xx
Old 02-23-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
I’m starting to be able to see clearly again that it’s not alcohol I really want it’s just that I am feeling uncomfortable and my brain is looking for the quickest way to stop that feeling.
^ this. this is absolutely the #1 I've learned in sobriety. it's sometimes not a lot of fun to feel what I'm feeling in the moment, but it *is* bearable, & it *will* pass. & I think that as my sobriety time has increased, I have more trust that it will pass, so it becomes more bearable.

hang in there, you're doing great.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:05 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Some great photos this weekend. Love boho decor, mandala rugs and Mesa dog 🐕 . I know I haven’t seen all the photos this weekend. Weekend went by in a blink. I got a lot of sleep, hit the gym, watched some good movies. I ate some delicious food. All n all my weekend was wonderful but lazy. Don’t miss the hangovers. Today is 50 days sober. Appointment with addiction counselor this week.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:07 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done to all you people for staying sober in your different ways. The physical aspect of booze addiction is so much easier if you are in the right place mentally. I did get to that right place eventually but only after repeated failures made me desperate.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:27 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days dear mariposa!!!!! s xx ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats Mariposa xx
Old 02-23-2020, 05:55 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on 50 days Mariposa xx
Old 02-23-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Congrats from me too, Mari.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:59 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

I remember many Monday mornings where I’d woke up feeling gross from boozing the whole weekend.

Promising myself this time I’ll stop, only to waiver at lunch time and plan for the evening ahead, when the hangover was lifting.

Best thing I did, was stopping tipping alcohol down my neck. Second best thing is every morning waking up, hangover free.

There’s been a list of best things since...

Anyone can stop, but like everything important, you need a plan, determination and help along the way.

We can help you with all of those , if you decide you’ve had enough of the booze. I found help here when I decided to stop before it killed me and I’ve never left.

Come and say hi, you won’t regret it.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:04 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Greetings weekenders from a little hike in Ariège France... Hope you are all well.
Welcome mathematics.

Later weekenders
thanks

1 more month and I see the grass again. Can't wait for the grass to appear again.

8-10 inches or so left to go. Counting down the days for now.

Old 02-23-2020, 11:22 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
It's like I am looking in a mirror.

I also ordered food to go with my wine, and I also calculated every dollar saved in the same way you did.

So that's $6,999.96/yr.
I remember working mine out to around 6 grand.

Amazing hey? What a waste of money.
But on the other hand, amazing....now you will have money again. s

$583 is 100 days or 3 months and 10 days. $5.83 per day x 365.2422 (roughly - every 4 years would be 1 extra day or so) would be.

$2,129 (roughly)

You figured I meant every month from the looks of it. $583 per month would be the $7,000 number or around there.

You were just thinking ahead or every 3.28 years. I make math mistakes to myself.

I was calculating out how many days roughly since 0 AD to 2020 (including the entire year) in my head (winter time and no drinking - bored math games I guess - I'm strange to most people with my little math games).

365 x 2020

737,300 - I calculated out how many days since 0 AD to the current 2020 if you include the entire year (didn't calculate out leap years or anything like that just general numbers - 365 days per year).

I did 73,730 and forgot a 0. Corrected that mistake and got the right number, but the wrong number overall just missing that last 0 for 737,300. Fixed that in my head after I realized the correct number.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:44 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, congratulations on 50 days Mariposa. Great post Mags, rightly or wrongly (wrongly in my view) people are not very charitable in their feelings towards people with a drink problem so not incurring contempt from family, friends, work colleagues or others is a plus too.

I may need to visit Scotland for work this week. I better look for my gloves.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
I'm strange to most people with my little math games
Ha ha, you'll fit right in here

Congrats Mariposa

Glad to hear some others like hippy style and boho. I think it's improved over the years as it's developed, so many creative people out there.

Still haven't finished my present blankie, it's got 113 rows and I'm up to row 73, and of course they get longer and longer so I've got quite a way to go.
I've put a photo of it on my avatar
Old 02-24-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

"Because some things never change, the Recovering Hippie MesaMate is collecting bits for either Wind Chime-based Projects, or simply lil 'Whimsies' that are solely aesthetic. So, I did my bit and collected the core of some long-dead Cactus 'Limbs' while hiking the Desert recently with MesaDog. They look somewhat like long Loofah Sponge bits ~1' long, but more the diameter of a US Dollar Coin. She also bought some ancient-looking Bells [that aren't] at this Desert Shop called 'The Hippie Chicken'. The Bells will complement hanging Sea Shells we've collected. Some White Sage clusters are in there somewhere, too. We'll see where this all goes, since I'm likely Project Manager to bend Wire, and string all this - um - 'stuff' together at a few critical points. "

Lots of creativity going on here Mesaman, hope we get some photos
Old 02-24-2020, 05:21 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Congrats mariposa!

I myself made it through another sober weekend with almost 0 AV!

Looking forward to another sober weekend with my SR friends
Old 02-24-2020, 05:25 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Mr

Afternoon weekenders.
Some music ?
Old 02-24-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Thanks V man!

Groovy little tune to soothe the soul
Old 02-24-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Happy Monday!

Congratulations to everyone who made it through the weekend sober. And if you didn't, dust yourself off, take a hard look at what made you drink, and remember to post here BEFORE you take that drink. Over the years I've been here, I have seen many many people be talked out of that drink by the kind and caring people here. It works.

Nice to see you, LBrain. I'm already anxious to get out on the kayak fishing. Couple more months before that's practical here. I don't like being cold. It has to be at least 50 before I'll even think about it.

I had a pretty nothing weekend. Just what I needed. I took Friday off, got a ton of housework done that day, did some small projects around the house Saturday, and then did pretty much nothing yesterday. Didn't even leave the house, lol. I feel like I should have at least gone for a walk, because it was sunny and warmish (low 40's) but I just could not talk myself into it. Oh well. I feel rested, and that's the first time in a couple of months I can say that.

I love my sober weekends!!
Old 02-24-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Feeling rested is precious dear MLD. xx