Don’t Quit this Weekend - Weekenders 21 - 24 February 2020

Old 02-22-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good share, LB.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:35 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your friend Leigh - prayers for her and all who love her

I'm glad you resisted Manta Lady - I'm a little out of the loop - are you doing anything for your recovery besides SR?

stick with us Awake, Mariposa and anyone else having a rough trot.

D
Old 02-22-2020, 09:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Weekenders

A shout out to Kaily, MantaLady and Mariposa, sending hugs and love. xxx

MesaMan, MesaDog sure looks the picture of happiness. Wishing MesaMate all the best for her op next week...and MesaDog the best for his...and MesaMan, for being there for them both.

Saou, I love that Aston Martin . Such a beauty. When I was younger I saw a Morgan for sale for a £1,000. I loved it but I didn’t have a garage and it wasn’t practical for me.

Mr. Mags made a lamb tagine yesterday, enough for two days, so no cooking today ...it was delicious too.

Have a good day. xx
Old 02-22-2020, 10:39 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Harriet !!!! That mandala blanket is to die for. Full of vibrant colours and happiness.

i love the macrame wall hanging and bag too. Im so boho.
my kids all call me a hippie lol.

my whole house is boho in furnishings , plant holders, clothes.

i burn my incense every day , i had white sage today.

a hippie chic from way back. All i need is a VW combi 😂
Old 02-22-2020, 10:42 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

If I make it to Monday I'm at 100 days.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:43 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
Hey Harriet ~

Those are some interesting Project Pix you posted. Takes me right back to my Hippie Daze!

Because some things never change, the Recovering Hippie MesaMate is collecting bits for either Wind Chime-based Projects, or simply lil 'Whimsies' that are solely aesthetic. So, I did my bit and collected the core of some long-dead Cactus 'Limbs' while hiking the Desert recently with MesaDog. They look somewhat like long Loofah Sponge bits ~1' long, but more the diameter of a US Dollar Coin. She also bought some ancient-looking Bells [that aren't] at this Desert Shop called 'The Hippie Chicken'. The Bells will complement hanging Sea Shells we've collected. Some White Sage clusters are in there somewhere, too. We'll see where this all goes, since I'm likely Project Manager to bend Wire, and string all this - um - 'stuff' together at a few critical points.

Below is a Pic of MesaDog yesterday enjoying the Sun outside like Gramps wheeled out the Nursing Home. He's coping just fine on 3 Legs, and I'll do a test run later today on his new Dog Ramp for Truck access. He was watching me de-Mud my Truck over 2 Hours. THEN, de-Mud the Front Patio. THEN, the Garage [sans Power Washer]. 'Tis Mud City here, though drying. Fortunately, it's Night & Day different on the South, dry side of the House in full Sun. I sho slept well last NIght; despite all the Garage Dirt/Dust swept out doing a real number on my Sinuses.

Ditto to The Power Of *Whatever* on what Mags said about SR support. Everything this Introvert needed. Nuffin' I didn't.

i just LoVE Mesa Dog. I l9ve your projects too MM , you have given me some ideas thanks
Old 02-22-2020, 11:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Mathmatics! 100 days will be excellent, it was shortly after the 100 day mark that I stopped automatically knowing how many days I was sober which is like being in a new phase. Well done.

MesaDog looks interested in his surroundings which suggests he is not in too much pain. Good news.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:12 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to Weekenders Mathmatics! 100 days will be excellent, it was shortly after the 100 day mark that I stopped automatically knowing how many days I was sober which is like being in a new phase. Well done.

MesaDog looks interested in his surroundings which suggests he is not in too much pain. Good news.
No matter what I'll be calculating it out anyways even if it's just from time to time (calculating out savings helps me to stay sober).

alcohol - 3x$75
food - 3x$100 (pizza and sandwich - food for the next day to as well - $35)

$175 per month

10 days - $58.33

3x$175 = $525

100 days is roughly...

$583.33 (give or take a $100) - what I would of spent drinking probably and that's including food. I always liked ordering food or something like that.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:54 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just back from the gym. Saw a gin and tonic on the street. Was tempted but pushed into the gym. Haven't been there since tue because of a mini bender from wed to fri
Old 02-23-2020, 02:40 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good job FF bypassing the gin!! Good to see that Mesa dog is looking well and on the mend to! xx

Day 2 of my hols and yesterday I just went out to get some healthy food, took Max to the vet and for the rest of the day relaxed which was lovely. Max has something called Haws Syndrome which is why his secondary eyelids are showing. Could be down to Torovirus or a gastrointestinal issue including tapeworm. Got him super wormed to start as he does eat mice from the field daily to see if it might be that. He doesn’t seem distressed by it so that’s good.

Yesterday afternoon serious AV trying to get me to think a bottle of wine would be a good idea. It was relentless but again managed to play the tape forward and resist. I’m starting to be able to see clearly again that it’s not alcohol I really want it’s just that I am feeling uncomfortable and my brain is looking for the quickest way to stop that feeling.

Dee, my plan? Back to basics for me I am afraid. Self-care is a biggie, eating well and regularly and lots of meditation this week to manage my over active mind, making sure I post here everyday aswell. I need to really re-instill and reprogram those basic disciplines back into my life before I start coming up with grand plans.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday xx
Old 02-23-2020, 02:45 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

little steps forward are fine

Anything that keeps you from drinking is a good plan, and obviously the reverse holds true as well.

continuing to wish you all the best

D
Old 02-23-2020, 03:14 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Mr

Greetings weekenders from a little hike in Ariège France... Hope you are all well.
Welcome mathematics.

Later weekenders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20200223_121255_326.jpg (62.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 02-23-2020, 04:26 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Way to go math!

Ff, manta keep fighting!

Everyone else keep up the good work!
Heading out on my maiden kayak voyage! May be fish pics in y'alls future🤷*♂️
Old 02-23-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

My neighbour a few doors up popped round to say she was cooking a big lamb Sunday lunch and that if I wanted she will plate me up a lunch and send her husband round with it when it’s ready. I’ve been doing the right thing for nearly a week, not drinking and putting in the effort required for my recovery and it feels like the universe is in turn bringing good things my way. So grateful xx
Old 02-23-2020, 05:08 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

That is so lovely Manta. s ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
If I make it to Monday I'm at 100 days.
WHEN you make it! s
Awesome dear Mathematics! ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 05:13 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mathematics View Post
No matter what I'll be calculating it out anyways even if it's just from time to time (calculating out savings helps me to stay sober).

alcohol - 3x$75
food - 3x$100 (pizza and sandwich - food for the next day to as well - $35)

$175 per month

10 days - $58.33

3x$175 = $525

100 days is roughly...

$583.33 (give or take a $100) - what I would of spent drinking probably and that's including food. I always liked ordering food or something like that.
It's like I am looking in a mirror.

I also ordered food to go with my wine, and I also calculated every dollar saved in the same way you did.

So that's $6,999.96/yr.
I remember working mine out to around 6 grand.

Amazing hey? What a waste of money.
But on the other hand, amazing....now you will have money again. s

Old 02-23-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Mr

Pretty cool neighbor Manta Lady.

Have fun in the kayak fishkiller.

Since LBrain posted yesterday about fly fishing. I have been unable to get it out of the nogger. I will have to dust off the fly Rod.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:33 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Magsie

Great pic Vinny

Freedomfries, good news on going to the gym and not the gin.

Mathematics, congratulations on 100 days (for tomorrow)! I daren’t even think what I spent on booze, it certainly made a big hole in my finances.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:54 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

A very Blessed Sunday to all.

freedomfries, glad you passed by that gin unscathed.

Manta, what a thoughtful neighbor you have.. Stay strong.

MesaMan, MesaDog is beautiful. So glad he is feeling better.

fishkiller, enjoy that kayak! I love kayaking, too.

Nice scenery Vman.

Welcome, Mathematics. Wine was my poison, too.

No word yet today on my friend. A family member calls a mutual friend who gives a daily update to about ten of us. Don’t know how to interpret the silence.

Love to all.

Phoenix, Mags, Suze, Snooz, Dee, Sao