Notices

Todays thought

Old 11-30-2004, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Todays thought

Today's thought is:

If the only prayer you said in your whole life was thank you, that would suffice.
--Meister Eckhart

Have you sincerely thanked someone today? Many people comment that thank-you often sounds insincere nowadays. While saying thank-you is certainly a polite expression, giving a sincere thank-you, in whatever form, can truly warm the heart. It may be through an email message, a personal note, or even a surprise gift.

I recall working two long days and evenings with a group of businesspeople. These long hours were quite productive and resulted in some fine outcomes. Yet I put in more time than I had expected and even delayed my flight home by a day. Wearily, I entered my hotel room on the second night, intending to become brain dead for a few hours. On the table in my hotel room, to my surprise, was a lovely box of Belgian chocolates wrapped in a beautiful ribbon! A note was attached: Thank you for your work with us. I was touched and warmed by the thank-you.

Just for today, I will express my appreciation for someone with a sincere thank-you.

You are reading from the book:

Igniting the Spirit at Work by Marilyn Mason When I first read that I thought it said by Marilyn Manson
Old 11-30-2004, 05:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ama

Thank You!

Two little words - So simple to say - Mean so much and I dont believe their meaning is lost or diluted when they are genuine. They give the gift of gratitude....

Thank you for That

Luvs Ama
Old 11-30-2004, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I appreciate this reminder. A sincere thank you does go a long way. I recall reading somewhere that one way to keep your relationship with your significant other close is to remember to say thank you; that gets forgotten too often, I think.

Thank you for sharing!

(I thought it said Marilyn Manson at first, too...)

--anne
Old 11-30-2004, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Thank you so much for this great reminder!! An attitude of gratitude, towards others, and even for ourselves...being thankful for our lives and that of others works miracles. Hope you have a great day!! *hugs*