Old 02-19-2020, 05:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Excellent!!
Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on 50 days!
Old 02-20-2020, 03:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! YES it really does feel good, even though things can be hard addressing those underlying issues that got me here in the first place, because it feels good to be proactively looking at them. And like most monsters, once you can see it for what it is, it's not nearly as scary as you imagined when you were hiding from it.

I purposely didn't come back to SR till now as I couldn't face coming back on day 1 and writing yet another day 1 post.. I wanted to have a bit of time under my belt before I came back and actually looking forward to coming back and telling everyone I was doing well was a big motivator. I didn't have a timescale in mind, I just knew I'd come back when it felt right.

I did the 30 day alcohol experiment (Annie Grace) so worked on my sobriety every day through videos, journals, exercises etc. It really helped me see alcohol for what it is. Now I am not doing all that every day, I think the support of SR will help me stay on track.

I read through my old posts last night. 7 weeks after your last drink, you can feel detached from the pain, you can be fooled into thinking it wasnt that bad really. Well, reading those posts, I can tell you it was that bad. It was an emotional read and took me right back to that pain. Seeing my progress posts then trailing off for weeks and months into a relapse. I do not want to go back there again.
Day 1 of the next 50 days now 😄
Old 02-21-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That’s very nice to hear you say that you have hope.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
ZIP

Fantastic! I count at least 8 positive things that you've experienced since going AF. That's huge.
Keep the commitment!