Notices

Day coming to a close

Old 02-17-2020, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day coming to a close

It been a tough day. I have not eaten anything but have managed a walk and a wash.

i do feel upset how my life has been affected by allcoholism. Am in my forties now and life is hard.

Have read some threads describing losing loved ones to cirrhosis. Alcohol is an evil substance!

I will be posting regularly. I am proud of my 5 months 9 days sober in 2019 and shocked by my relapse.

While there is life there is hope!
Old 02-17-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Remember that there is a lesson in every mistake. If you are like me and quit many times, then you have more to work with.

Just do it different this time.

All the best Stable
Old 02-17-2020, 12:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is hope, young man! Listen to the excellent advice here and start again. Also, please eat something, even if it is just a little.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can empathize. I've lost everything and I am practically unemployable now. I am 43 and have been hopeless for a long time. I have no reason to be sober and think I will die an early death.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Simple advice: Hungry? before picking up a drink, eat something healthy to curb the urges. Angry? Lonely? Call or meet up with a recovering alcoholic, or someone who is supportive of your efforts. Tell them what's going on. Tired? Get some shuteye or nap. Negative emotions, irrational thinking, using urges, are temporary, don't act on them.

You deserve and are worthy of sobriety. You are not alone.

You have helped me, and I'm going down for a nap.
Oh...and I must not take myself so seriously.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I can empathize. I've lost everything and I am practically unemployable now. I am 43 and have been hopeless for a long time. I have no reason to be sober and think I will die an early death.
I disagree. You have every reason to be sober.

Just by posting gave meaning to your life. Helped me too. You can do this.

I never get tired of saying this, "You are worthy of recovery, and deserve to live sober."
Old 02-17-2020, 12:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Stable View Post
It been a tough day. I have not eaten anything but have managed a walk and a wash.

i do feel upset how my life has been affected by allcoholism. Am in my forties now and life is hard.

Have read some threads describing losing loved ones to cirrhosis. Alcohol is an evil substance!

I will be posting regularly. I am proud of my 5 months 9 days sober in 2019 and shocked by my relapse.

While there is life there is hope!
Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post

There is always hope. I was drinking all day every day - nearly died, but with the help of this place I turned it around.

I 'd forgotten, but I remembered just in time, that I matter.
And thats the best reason to get sober and stay that way.

D
Old 02-17-2020, 02:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

great job on ur days or months sober!

i havent seen u say u failed? u have those sober days!

keep going and try . hey u wouldnt want to know how often i wash! i hear u feel ur struggling, but your doing a dam better job than me, so keep going and trying hun and hell im near my end of 40s xxx keep safe
Old 02-17-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was like Dee - drinking all day every day in the end, with a life in chaos. I was much older than you both, Stable & Wastinglife. I now have 12 yrs. sober & have tried hard to stop bullying myself about the past. Please don't sabotage your sobriety by focusing on things you did under the influence. None of us chose to crash & burn the way we did. Be kind & patient with yourselves.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Your post reminded me of my alky grand ma. She was in her late 80s and went crazy.

She forgot she drank booze and smoked. She ended up getting healthy and living a strong life until she passed in her early 90s.

It is all mental.

I change d my lifestyle. I act like a nondrinker now.

Fake it till i make it.

Non drinker for life.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can get that sober time back Stable. What was working during that time? Think about that, and then what else you can add to help you stay sober. I found posting and reading here daily very helpful.