Notices

So drunk, help me

Old 02-16-2020, 12:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

So relieved to see you back Mera.

Rest, hydrate, little something to eat, and stay sober just for today.

Karate chop the alcohol out the door.

It will get better Mera, it will.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:25 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Money woes and the difficulties of parenthood are things people deal with every day. They are only made worse by our drinking. I know this isn't news to you Mera, but I read your post today and as much as I sympathize with your pain, I remember the same I dealt with for years, and it was all manageable once I got clean. Next time before you drink get here first.

​​​​​​
Old 02-16-2020, 02:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It says a lot of good things about you that you posted today Mera. Instead of a relapse it is just a blip. Also, well done for showing of your karate skills the next day!

Btw I noticed the other day that my youngest daughter's jeans seemed to have more holes in them than material so you're just being fashionable.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:46 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I’m so glad you’re here posting and sober today Mera. I know you have a lot on your plate, but you’ve proved in the past how strong you are, and I know you will get through this.

Do you have the boys with you today, or are you able to rest? Can you talk to the court about some sort of payment plan? I know you can do this.

Please check in more often. Sending giant hugs from Cali to Italy.

❤️Delilah
Old 02-17-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mr

How are you doing today Mera ?
Old 02-17-2020, 07:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Mera;
I'm wondering how you are too.

Please check in
Old 02-17-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your concern. I am ok. Recuperating. This was a rough one. It does get worse and worse to recover each time. But lots of water and vitamins are helping. Not much else to report other than the standard guilt, shame and self-hatred, but I am just trying to move forward and get back at it.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I was wondering if you were okay.

How is the storm over there in Italy? Hurricane Dennis that hit the UK really bad. I heard Italy is or may get hit with some stormy bad weather that is affecting parts of Wales in the UK and other parts of the UK.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yes, it got worse for me every time also--make this the last time and healing can fully take place.

Don't beat yourself up. It happened but it is over now.
The important thing is to review where the "weak spots" are in your sobriety plan and to tighten them up so it doesn't happen again.

Obviously, the financial stress was a trigger, but even with that, you made a series of decisions to buy and consume alcohol despite the most severe of consequences--losing custody of your kids.

What specific actions do you need to modify when the next trigger comes so that you pause, reach out, and make a different self-management decision next time?

Sounds clinical I know, but it actually works. You have done so well and made so much progress and fought a dam good fight so far. What can you do to get this custody thing over the finish line and dusted for good?

I realize the financial stuff is still on the table. Maybe we can help you brainstorm ideas or at least be sympathetic listeners while you think things out on the page?
I know you must feel so isolated there in the village where I expect everyone knows everybody's affairs--especially as your Ex is from a powerful family.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
It does get worse and worse to recover each time.
That was my experience as well. The good news is that you never have to feel this way again. Don't dwell on it, look and move forward. Just keep the lesson in your hip pocket for easy access in the future.

I am glad that you are back. Together we can do this thing known as recovery because there is strength in numbers. You help me when I am weak. I help you when you are weak. Teamwork.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good to see you back, Mera. Please stay close.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-17-2020, 08:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

What are your plans for today Mera?
Old 02-17-2020, 11:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well, today I have a rough start. Despite sleeping it off all day yesterday and the night I woke up still suffering. Lots of water, vitamins a short walk and then work.

My first set of hours was rough, very hard to get through, a lot of beginners where it was like pulling teeth to have a conversation.

But my second and third shifts were much better. I try to work in hour breaks because I just can't sit at the computer and talk that long.
I spoke to two different students studying to become psychologists- always an interesting topic for me. One from Turkey and another from Brazil. I spoke to a man from Turkey who works as a computer engineer but sidelines as an opera singer. He was so young but so very passionate about music- one of my great loves too. We spoke about our favorite operas. I told him about the famous Puccini festival here nearby. I asked him what voice he had and he said he was a tenor. So I egged him on a bit and we sang the famous ending of my favorite aria "nessun dorma" together. It felt appropriate, we sang in Italian, but the English translation is "I will win, I will win, I wiiiiiillllllll wiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnn!"

Just had a short bath with some tea and off to bed now.
I hope to start feeling back to normal tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I'll send you all off to sleep with this. Just beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWc7vYjgnTs

Old 02-17-2020, 12:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Mera, I'm so very pleased to read your update. Nessun dorma, indeed.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:29 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I'll send you all off to sleep with this. Just beautiful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWc7vYjgnTs

And so relevant to recovery. Calaf is facing this life threatening challenge to win love, it is darkest before dawn...maybe like you felt yesterday...but he will win. So will you.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:35 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mera, I'm so glad you are persevering.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Great to hear you're doing better Meraviglioso (hugs)

Old 02-17-2020, 12:59 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are ok, Mera. I always read your posts and can relate to your struggles in some small way. You have really been through it over the last couple of years but you're a fighter and keep getting back up! You have my respect for that. Your kids love you and you love them, that is the most important thing. Don't be too tough on yourself.

Incidentally, I was in Venice and went to see Vivaldi's Four Seasons in a building just off the Doge.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Very happy you're recovering from that brutal setback, Mera. You never have to visit that awful place again.