Notices

26 days sober... Sensitive... Absolutely no coping skills

Old 02-03-2020, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

26 days sober... Sensitive... Absolutely no coping skills

So i am nearing my 30 days... Today was stressful and dissapointing... I was fighting with my sons father then i went to my dance school for first class of this semestre.... I havnt taken classes in a year and i regresed 4 levels when i was asessed today so i was sent away and could not join this particular class... Dance is a sensitive personal thing to me.... also i always went to the
​dance academy drunk and i overthink too much when i dance sober.... I was sooooo stiff i couldnt execute the most basic moves i know... I started crying and instantly thought about going to the bar 😭😭😭 made me realize how much alcohol was involved in everything i did... Makes me pretty depressed actually..... I ended up leaving there and going to a meeting instead and the meeting was not great but i picked up a few things i could relate to...

I came home and ate a bunch of food to try and feel better... Handling dissapointments sin drugs and alcohol is crazy.... Havnt felt feelings in a long time... The lingering urge to use over somethung so stupid is rolling around in my head... Greatful to be home sober.... Just hope tomorrow is better and i can accept where i am at
Old 02-03-2020, 07:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you also.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
i hope tomorrow is a better day for you also.
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽
Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is not the best it gets rsanchez - hang in there...you're recovering from a serious condition...your dancing ability will come back

D
Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Coz

Really proud of you! That is an inspiration that, no matter what the trigger is, there is still a target ahead that won't be met if we cave to the drink.

I reckon you will get back to where you want to be in dance in no time. Just need to learn to dance sober. You obviously have the skill. Remember you also had a long break from lessons so with a bit of effort, you will get there.

Hang in there - 30 days is fast approaching!
Old 02-03-2020, 08:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are to be commended for trying. It just takes some time to get back into routines. I would think that in any endeavor such as dance, you would regress after a year.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for that

Originally Posted by Coz View Post
Really proud of you! That is an inspiration that, no matter what the trigger is, there is still a target ahead that won't be met if we cave to the drink.

I reckon you will get back to where you want to be in dance in no time. Just need to learn to dance sober. You obviously have the skill. Remember you also had a long break from lessons so with a bit of effort, you will get there.

Hang in there - 30 days is fast approaching!
Have to remind myself that drinking never solves problems....Just leave you hungover with a worse problem...
Old 02-03-2020, 08:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very true

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
You are to be commended for trying. It just takes some time to get back into routines. I would think that in any endeavor such as dance, you would regress after a year.
I stopped because my addiction in this last year progressed hard and strong that i had to stop all my hobbies..it is sad but yes probably to be expected you are right
Old 02-03-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good on ya for getting out there and giving it a go.

It's nice to see someone who hasn't just crawled into their shell because they've gotten sober.

Keep it up and you're going to really have a sobriety you'll enjoy.

I had to re-learn a few Hobby's and sports ... Darts and snooker for example, always went hand in hand with some "liquid confidence" but I didn't have it when I started playing sober, but it came on in leaps and bounds the more I did it.

Overthinking it was definitely an issue.

It's just practice and taking a few early set backs in our stride.

I couldn't dance to save myself, sober or boozed, so I take my hat off to anyone who can.

Keep up the good work 👍
Old 02-04-2020, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You did just what I'll need to do when the situation arises-- instead of drinking to ease the disappointment, you came here for support. Awesome for you!
Old 02-04-2020, 02:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

PS: I see you initially labeled yourself "no coping skills" but you employed at least one! 🥳🥳
Old 02-04-2020, 06:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

My treck out hell didn't peak until about 90 days. Then the healing slowed to a crawl.
Old 02-04-2020, 08:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Give yourself more time to heal and for your systems to correct themselves. It gets better, just give it time.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Rs- your share totally resonated with me. My semester in the Visual Arts degree I am clumsily doing starts for a new semester next year. One of the subjects- Painting, is with oils and need to know how to mix dozens of colours- which I feel so inadequate for. Have not done this subject for 18m and I feel a failure before even turning up. I do overthink and it seems catastrophic.

What I do now know is what NOT to do.

Well done on not picking up a drink, it helps with nothing positive.