Notices

Weekend got turned upside down and blown out

Old 02-03-2020, 08:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry SVA, are you able to go somewhere for a few days, or ask her to go somewhere else for a few days to give you some time to think about what you want?
Old 02-03-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hi sva, sorry to hear you are going through this. It must be a major loss of trust. At least there are no kids involved as any tension in the parents can be devastating. I was cheated on once when I was younger and it was hideous. The last thing to do is drink at it as it helps no one and makes situations like this much worse. Keep posting on here. There will be many folks with similar experiences who can offer good advice. Mine is, end it (the relationship) and move on. Do not drink.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for what happened to you. Hope all is resolved for the better soon. You are a superhero for not drinking. I can’t even begin to imagine the inner strength it took you to not pick up.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Woke up this morning and had some coffee, going to work in a few. No cravings for booze but the cigarette cravings are bad.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Yeah, those dirty dirty cigs. That was as tough for me to quit as the booze was and those are where the craving demons come the hardest. Remember though they open the door to other worse things.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Yeah, those dirty dirty cigs. That was as tough for me to quit as the booze was and those are where the craving demons come the hardest. Remember though they open the door to other worse things.

I didn't buy any cigarettes, your right about them being a gateway. I always smoked when I got drunk.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SVA, **** happens. Two of my close friends have been in your situation. One found out she was cheating because he all of a sudden got an STD. He was faithful so he had to confront his fiance and cancel the wedding. My other friend came home and found his wife in bed with her boss.

Take it as a sign that things weren't meant to be. Keep sober and you will find someone else. Both of my friends are married to other women now and happy.