Notices

I can’t stop

Old 02-07-2020, 07:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh, this hit home with me. I'm back on here after being in and out briefly several times. I'm here because I've significantly cut down on my drinking, although not quite totally stopped yet. I can't believe how GREAT I feel when I don't drink. BUT...I feel for anyone who feels powerless, I felt that way for so very very long and I want to help but don't know how other than to say message me and we can chat. It is so so so so so so hard but sooooo worth it . <3
Old 02-07-2020, 09:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi Mummyto2,

How are you today?
Drinking never makes anything better. It might briefly make you *feel* better about things, but it doesn't address those things.

And often times it makes those things worse.
For instance, I used to get drunk and text message my coworkers. That wasn't very smart. It made my work life that I was already anxious about worse.

Alcohol isn't our friend. It's our enemy.
You can certainly quit.
It's worth feeling crappy for a while.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:47 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey, Mummy. I hope you are doing well today. You can have a wonderful, dignified and fulfilling life, but you must stop poisoning yourself with alcohol. You can do this, and you have so many people here that are encouraging you to succeed. Best wishes.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hoping you check in....hope you are ok.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:16 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mummyto2 View Post
Thank you, your all very kind I’ll try again tomorrow ❤️
Man "tomorrow" is such a trap. My big leap was changing tomorrow to right now. The urgency is gone "tomorrow" and even worse, "tomorrow" gives you an excuse to go even harder today than you normally would because it is the last time. I had countless rounds with that one, which is why i am posting. It hits close to home for me and also because i know you can change it. Commit to something - meetings, outpatient, inpatient, something. There are lots of real life success stories here from folks that were in deep, so YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
Old 02-09-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Mummy. I've been thinking about you this morning. I worry for Mummies everywhere because I know how hard it can be to resist alcohol when you have a couple of kids, and little support.

Much as we love them, they can be hard work with little reward. Until they become adult, and (hopefully) appreciate what we have done for them.

Bit of tongue in cheek there Mummy, but still some grains of truth. I don't know if you have a supportive partner or family, but if not, it makes it doubly difficult. Alcohol is an (relatively) cheap, and rapid, reward. We can drink when we've put them to bed at night, and not have to leave the house.

I don't know how old the kids are, maybe I've got it all wrong? I do know caring for 2 kids with little or no support can be grinding.

I'm thinking maybe a women's group of AA might help? I don't go to AA any longer (used to years ago), but found the women's groups really good.

Women just like me, with all of the problems women have, but with alcohol as an underpinning. It was good to talk with other women, and found myself no longer alone in all of this.

I guess all I'm saying is that (I believe) connectedness with others to be really vital, and women's group might fill this bill. Kids aren't the best of conversationalists when it comes to discussing the meaning of life, let's face it.

Wanted to say as well, that you are not a hopeless case. Far from it. You are caring for 2 kids, and struggling with alcohol, but still you come here seeking solutions. This is hope, not hopelessness.

Do you think that you could set yourself the task of not drinking for just one day?

I started with 1 day, and now I'm 56 days. It has grown into something worth fighting for.

I'm making a lot of assumptions about your circumstance Mummy, but whatever the case is does not alter the fact that you can stop drinking and there is hope for your better future. You deserve it. Mummies always do.

Keep posting Mummy. ❤️
Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Mummy,

Just thinking about you. I hope you’re sober, and that you’ll check in soon.

❤️Delilah