Made it past a year.

Old 03-02-2020, 12:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Huge congrats on one year!!!!
Old 03-02-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kaboom123 View Post
Starting to wonder what the point of any of it is any more. Not any more or less happy than I was drinking. Things have very much so plateaued. Tired of being sober and eating healthy and going to the gym, it’s boring alone. I do everything alone. What’s the point if I’m not happy either way. At least there were moments of happiness before. I could probably moderate pretty well these daysl. And if not a new day 1 would give me something new to do again. I don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore. Just sick of everything.
Hi Kaboom

if you're not happy in your life, and this is not just some transient down period...

ask yourself what a happy life would look like for you...

then ask...whats stopping you from gaining that life?

D
Old 03-02-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

congratulations on one year. That is amazing.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:25 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats, Kaboom! That's epic!
Old 03-03-2020, 12:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaboom123 View Post
Starting to wonder what the point of any of it is any more. Not any more or less happy than I was drinking. Things have very much so plateaued. Tired of being sober and eating healthy and going to the gym, it’s boring alone. I do everything alone. What’s the point if I’m not happy either way. At least there were moments of happiness before. I could probably moderate pretty well these daysl. And if not a new day 1 would give me something new to do again. I don’t know. I don’t know anything anymore. Just sick of everything.
Congratulations for your full year of sobriety!

Milestones can be really tricky and I guess (still 4 months for me to get there) that the year mark is such a big one that it can be more challenging than anticipated.

I have had real wobbles on many 'big' milestone: the two digits of 10 days, first month, 3 months, 100 days. It is a bit of a 'What now?' moment.

And your addictive voice is playing a massive number on you. Are you really not more or less happy than when drinking? Did you stop drinking because you were lonely and bored of your peaceful routine?

We are addcited to any high. You have achieved massive things; 1 year sober, you are fit and you eat healthily. You cannot see the next high and you are thinking of restarting it all again. Go back to day zero after you go low enough with your drinking.

You are better than this. If you have made it this far, you can find other challenges that are new and exciting. They may seem more dificcult than picking up a drink, but you will be soon needing all your energy to do something you already got right now. Use that energy on something else.
Old 03-03-2020, 05:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Starting to wonder what the point of any of it is any more. Not any more or less happy than I was drinking. Things have very much so plateaued. Tired of being sober and eating healthy and going to the gym, it’s boring alone. I do everything alone. What’s the point if I’m not happy either way.
I don't hear any gratitude in your message. Take some time to make a list of what is right, and focus on that. This is hard for me to understand. I was happy just not being addicted. I would have stayed sober on that alone. When I was sober I got a speeding ticket. You know what my reaction was? I was grateful I was sober at the time. The ticket should have been a downer, but I just shrugged it off. I enjoyed talking to the cop sober. It was a happy experience. Go figure.