Notices

Getting Back to Work During Early Sobriety

Old 01-31-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
I forget whether I posted any weekend plans on the Weekender thread, but if I come up with anything interesting I'll post it there.

Hey SS, I'm going to be in NYC in a few weeks, Presidents Weekend, so depending on how everything is going maybe we can get together. I'll be staying at a friend's place on the LES (lower east side), with a great view of Brooklyn across the East River between the Brooklyn Bridge and the Williamsburg Bridge. There's that newish ferry now that you or I can take to or from Brooklyn or Manhattan to meet up if schedules allow.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves but as the time gets closer we can see if it's going to work out and make specific plans via our text/phone connection.

You still at work? I am, but I'm at a cafe and I cannot wait to tell Greater SobeRlandia about the Aussie connections of this place that I've been to before just for a quick cuppa and did not realize the whole place is Aussie-oriented. If only I knew how to post a photo to SR. I know the instructions are out there but I haven't tackled them yet, and when one is from a certain hoary era these things do not come intuitively.

Meanwhile, for example, I can say there is a diamond-shaped highway sign with a graphic of a 'roo on the wall.

Do they really call them 'roos?

The menu on the wall says "Aussie Pies" and "Aussie Treats" with listings below, and now I know what a tim tam is, and tasted of three of them, and they were good.

And of course the flag is hung above the window, and a boomerang right here next to where I am sitting, and rugby shirts, I think they are. One says Richmond Tigers, the other has a big VB inside a ball on the front of the shirt.

The clerk (who is not an Aussie but makes a mean chai latte with espresso) says the owner hails from Sydney.

OK, as I said, I am working. Gotta send a few workywork emails.

Ta,
jr

oh cool! Sounds good, we can coordinate as it gets closer my good friend from college used to live in the lower east side before she moved to NC. She said it was very nice.

I just finished packing my up my office. Office is officially packed, our CEO got us some Champaign, I had a bit, maybe not the best choice cuz I feel like I shouldn't be doing any kinda substance in general, but I don't usually drink and I'm feeling OK so I think it's fine. Monday we move into the new office. We got brought by another company so we’re joining their office - should be interesting to see how the first day goes on Monday lol.

that cafe sounds awesome! Would love to check it out, haven’t tried much Aussie food but totally want to!

How’s your night going? My coworkers invited me to go to a bar with them, I might go but probs not cuz I'm tired lol so will most likely pass. Hope your night is going well!
Old 01-31-2020, 09:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Did you end up going out? Or are you home?

Awake or asleep?

If asleep do not feel obliged to answer immediately lol.

Looky here it is just after midnight so I am into my first-ever second dry month.

Woowoo! Think I'll have another 1/2 cup of my homemade ginger tea.

Just woke from a 2-hour doze after falling asleep in front of our third ep of Stranger Things for the evening. Season 3. Someone here on SR said it's their favorite season. I've liked them all so far.

I think I'll go see what's happening in the Weekender thread, and maybe Class of January 2020, which you probably saw moved to another corner of Newcomer land.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
Did you end up going out? Or are you home?

Awake or asleep?

If asleep do not feel obliged to answer immediately lol.

Looky here it is just after midnight so I am into my first-ever second dry month.

Woowoo! Think I'll have another 1/2 cup of my homemade ginger tea.

Just woke from a 2-hour doze after falling asleep in front of our third ep of Stranger Things for the evening. Season 3. Someone here on SR said it's their favorite season. I've liked them all so far.

I think I'll go see what's happening in the Weekender thread, and maybe Class of January 2020, which you probably saw moved to another corner of Newcomer land.

Good evening How was your day? I was sleeping and I slept in late today lol. I didn't go out because I was too tired from packing, so I went home watched an episode of Stranger Things and fell asleep. An exciting Friday night lol.

Yay, congrats on the second dry month!! That ginger tea sounds yummy, maybe I’ll have some tea later. I just got back from exploring Soho with my friend, lots of cool shops and bookstores around there. I’m tired now so maybe I’ll take a little nap before I make dinner. I’m actually cooking and being a real person lol. Guess I am officially back in the land of the living lol. Hope your night is going well!