Notices

How much are you or did you drink a daily or weekly?

Old 01-28-2020, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How much are you or did you drink a daily or weekly?

In my case, December was almost 1 bottle of wine a day, before it was 2-4 bottles a week... for last 5 years. I guess that this explains my pains.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

2 bottles of wine per day was my common routine but often included a half-bottle of whiskey or vodka on top of the 2 bottles of wine. Makes me nauseous just describing it.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When on a binge, a fifth of Canadian whisky or at least 20 beers a day, a non binge "normal" drinking day would be 6-8 beers and 2-3 shots of that 1.99 Vodka.
Ugh...glad thats over with
Old 01-28-2020, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Around 3 or 4 bottles of wine per day, or 12-18 cans of beer. For me “per-day” wasn’t a hard rule as in the end days stopped existing - it would be drink till I pass out then immediately start drinking again once I woke up/came to. How I never threw up at all is beyond me.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Way too much. Comparisons can be a tricky thing at times. You can always find someone who was worse than you, and open that little crack to “maybe my drinking was really not all that bad “ thinking.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Way too much. Comparisons can be a tricky thing at times. You can always find someone who was worse than you, and open that little crack to “maybe my drinking was really not all that bad “ thinking.
Good point. This is something I never would have thought of.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

After it was over, I measured my daily alcohol intake in terms of money spent.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I was just about to edit my post to say the same thing.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Too much, which was never enough.

Grateful every day for the life I have now.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
Good point. This is something I never would have thought of.
I completely agree with this. Reading the OP my initial thought was “I wish I could drink so little!” I then realised how ridiculous that thought was in itself. Yikes. My alco brain is dangerous.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadEast View Post
After it was over, I measured my daily alcohol intake in terms of money spent.
Including the money spent on needless junk on Ebay and Amazon. Was thinking of inventing a breathalyzer that you would have to blow into before hitting the "Buy it now" button or before hitting the "post button" on social media
Old 01-28-2020, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JScatt View Post
Including the money spent on needless junk on Ebay and Amazon. Was thinking of inventing a breathalyzer that you would have to blow into before hitting the "Buy it now" button or before hitting the "post button" on social media
😂🤣

That would be a big seller.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

A 12 pack every other evening. Same amount every afternoon if working out of town. Throw in one or two bottles of red a week. More during runs of particularly stressful or agonizing work, which is often.

Don't miss getting up and eventually going to see what the damage was the night before.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

A 6 pack of beer was just a warm up. I usually bought a 12 pack of tall boys. That is equal to 18 beers, and it was a day's drinking. Picking up a 12 pack was not enough, since I would polish that off and want more. So it was tall boys or two 12 packs. A lot of money going out the door everyday.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Half a bottle of blended whiskey on a weekday, two thirds to three quarters of a bottle at weekends. Even tapping it out on my phone's keyboard makes me feel ashamed. But I stopped five years ago, that's the main thing.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

More than I needed too
Old 01-28-2020, 04:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Exactly enough to make me pass out and feel like **** the next day.
Exactly enough to cause me to make some really poor decisions.
Exactly enough to make me want to never drink again.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Towards the end, at least a fifth of vodka a day. On weekends it was getting closer to 1 liter. It's scary to think about how much it would be now to keep me out of withdrawals, as fast as it progressed.

I was going to bed at 9 or 10, then waking up at 20 or 3 am in withdrawals and needed a few to put me back to sleep. Get up at 6, go to work, start over the next day.

Horrible stuff.

SC
Old 01-28-2020, 05:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My poison was the spiked seltzers. For the 8 months or so of my drinking career it was probably 18 a day. The last 2 months, I incorporated vodka into my binge. No idea how much I was drinking a day at that point. Days and nights just blended together.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Too much echo'd. I never really understood the point of having 'just one.' I mean, it doesn't taste that good....

If you were with me and we were drinking we were going to get f-ed up. If you weren't with me I was going to get f-ed up on my own - no qualms at all about flying solo.

I was a binger though - not every day so much as a cycle every week or two or three. What I woke up to after a few weeks of getting sober and finally looking at myself for real was the realization that it wasn't just about the times I drank or how much I drank even... almost my whole life was defined and dominated by it's influence. The time I was sober in between binges was spent recovering, getting over the self loathing of acting like an ass or spending way too much money and masking what was going on my life to those around me to try to keep a grip a facade of normalcy.

I can not explain the serenity that comes with letting all that go. It was exhausting - like, deep in the bones and the soul exhausting.

-B