Notices

That didn't go as planned...

Old 01-29-2020, 05:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow, thanks for all the support everybody! Day 2, here we go, had a pretty much sleepless night but that's ok, waking up feeling not ravaged from alcohol the night before feels like sweet freedom! I wish it was that easy to remember how this feels but I know all too well, that within a few days, I will can easily fall to a lower place and that's when it happens... I know this pattern all too well. But, in reading your posts, I just know there is a better way to live this life and that you guys have done this just gives me so much hope and the feeling that I'm not alone in this. And yes, to the question about AA possibly and therapy, I was supposed to go to outpatient intensive therapy starting beginning of January but didn't follow through with it. I'm going to go... and stick with it and not quit. Three nights a week for six weeks, I can do this.... with help this time...
Old 01-29-2020, 05:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good for you reaching out for help. I too have been considering hitting a few meetings.
I've been doing ok and SR is a great help but I think it might be nice to face to face with others in the same situation.

I just need to do it.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by echodenali View Post
Wow, thanks for all the support everybody! Day 2, here we go, had a pretty much sleepless night but that's ok, waking up feeling not ravaged from alcohol the night before feels like sweet freedom! I wish it was that easy to remember how this feels but I know all too well, that within a few days, I will can easily fall to a lower place and that's when it happens... I know this pattern all too well. But, in reading your posts, I just know there is a better way to live this life and that you guys have done this just gives me so much hope and the feeling that I'm not alone in this. And yes, to the question about AA possibly and therapy, I was supposed to go to outpatient intensive therapy starting beginning of January but didn't follow through with it. I'm going to go... and stick with it and not quit. Three nights a week for six weeks, I can do this.... with help this time...
The old saying "don't knock it till you've tried it" applies ten fold to folks like us.

I can easily think off hand of at least 3 people who flat out refuse to explore any and all options.

Never tried it but absolutely convinced that it won't work for them because whatever whatever.

The end result ? Still drinking ☹️

Leave no stone un-turned my friend. 👍