Notices

20 days

Old 01-26-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

20 days

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in.

in about 7 hours, it will be a full 20 days sober! I feel absolutely fantastic. I spoke to my tutors at college and I’m doing well so after missing two weeks, it’s not an issue and I’m back at my school work. I’ve had the energy to visit my aunt in hospital, and have been making preparations at home ready for when my mom has her operation on her knees (just getting the house absolutely spick and span so there’s little to do except care for her when she’s home).

I’ve started walking in the park and got back to the gym. I’ve started taking pride in my appearance again, have a routine of self-care each morning and night. 20 days and all this. 1/10th of this seemed monumentally challenging when I was drinking.

For anyone struggling, there is beauty in your fight. The fact that you are struggling just shows how powerful your soul is, waging war against an unseen demon. Support yourself, support your soul, you, we, can do this.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you SM - congrats on 20 days

D
Old 01-26-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 20!
Old 01-26-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Coz

That was very inspirational - thanks for the post - it is so where I want to be!
Congratulations of your success - keep it up.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Agree with Coz. An inspirational post SuperMario. You have rescued the princess.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What an awesome update! Great oging and keep it up.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations! You've done the hard work. It's yours to throw away...or not. Good luck and God bless.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the lovely replies everyone! Means a lot.

i réalisé I’m very much at only the beginning of a journey, and the hard work to stay on this awesome path will be on-going. I know all too well how easy it is to fall, and it only takes one sip. I must not become complacent. Everything can be mine, this peace of mind, this rapidly improving life, if I stay sober. Both the easiest and hardest thing to do.

just to offer some fresh hope - when I relapse, it is worse each time, by a hard margin. But each time I do, I do not feel myself giving in - I feel my resolve get stronger, and stronger, and stronger, and in not insignificant terms. I never stop believing in myself, that I can achieve anything, and as long as that tiniest flame of hope burns on (my flame is an almighty fire at the moment!), you are not done yet. If you ever have reason to believe your flame has gone out, the fact you are reading these words, and you’re here, prove otherwise.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done on 20 days.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Thank you for the lovely replies everyone! Means a lot.

i réalisé I’m very much at only the beginning of a journey, and the hard work to stay on this awesome path will be on-going. I know all too well how easy it is to fall, and it only takes one sip. I must not become complacent. Everything can be mine, this peace of mind, this rapidly improving life, if I stay sober. Both the easiest and hardest thing to do.

just to offer some fresh hope - when I relapse, it is worse each time, by a hard margin. But each time I do, I do not feel myself giving in - I feel my resolve get stronger, and stronger, and stronger, and in not insignificant terms. I never stop believing in myself, that I can achieve anything, and as long as that tiniest flame of hope burns on (my flame is an almighty fire at the moment!), you are not done yet. If you ever have reason to believe your flame has gone out, the fact you are reading these words, and you’re here, prove otherwise.
I can relate to this. Every time I quit and failed the next time I decided to quit I felt even more determined.
This time I'm all in.

Happy day 21
Old 01-27-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Awesome job Mario! 20 days is very difficult to get to. Well done and keep it going!
Old 01-27-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats!!!!!

😊😊😊😊😊😊
Old 01-28-2020, 07:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats. You have company. Today is 22 days for me.