Notices

Day 16!! Good news!

Old 01-24-2020, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 16!! Good news!

Hey i am still here... It has been crazy lately so i havn't posted much...i have been learning alot from the meetings and about myself. It has been harder lately now that i am faced with my self withiut drugs/alcohol but i havnt drank about it so im greatful.....in super amazing news me and my son will be going from homeless to housed!!... We got approved (by a miracle...) for a huge 2 bedroom, brand new, remodeled, i have never lived in a place so big or nice i am in shock. Approved with no credit/background check because i rented from this company before and they said they trust me... i just have to go in to sign the lease 😁 we can move in on the 1st!

As far as the sobriety goes it has been okay.. People have talked about how great they feel but i am in physical pain, depressed, bored, etc.... Better than being hubgover daily but i feel like i should be feeling better than this... Maybe i need more time not sure... 🤷🏽*♀️🤷🏽*♀️

So yep 16 days!!
Old 01-24-2020, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your housing situation!! That has to be a great relief. 16 days is still early in recovery and symptoms can vary so vastly from person to person. As always, see a doctor if you are overly concerned. At 16 days I was experiencing the same thing. Boredom especially can be a trigger, so try to find something to do like a hobby or reading or Netflix. Whatever it takes! Again, congratulations.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new house! What fantastic news.

I think boredom, depression, etc.., can be pretty much expected for some of us in these early days. We are embarking on a whole new way of life. One day at a time.

Sixteen days is just the beginning. Congratulations.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on sixteen days sober and getting a great place to live!
That's awesome.
You're still pretty early in sobriety. Things will improve with time, trust me. It sure does beat being hungover.
You've got a lot on your plate, just try and take one day at a time.
And enjoy your new sober life and your new place!
Old 01-24-2020, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to hear the housing issue is solved rsanchez - congrats

I have immense satisfaction in knowing my neighbors here will never see me drunk

D