Notices

Getting Sober

Old 01-20-2020, 05:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

MrWolfie, I agree about being a bit sad.....I’m sorry I ever started drinking way back when, but I did and I can’t change it. If I dwell on it I could make myself miserable with all my wasted years. But I did it eventually. I know you can too. That’s something to smile about.

Dryguy, I really didn’t think I was capable of stopping, I’d stopped in the past, made it to 8 months sober once and then I thought I’d be able to drink like a ‘normie’....

....That’s because I didn’t recognise the AV (addictive voice), I didn’t have any sober tools and I wasn’t educated in being sober. Like most things, we need to know what we’re doing before we can do it successfully.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:30 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post

Dee, Least and Hev, thanks for being here, you’ve helped me more than you’d ever know. Very grateful for Sober Recovery.x
This X10 to all of you guys, your my heros. This journey continues to be laced with emotion much more than I would have ever thought.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Cityboy, thats because you are allowing yourself to feel again and isnt that great !!!!

Old 01-20-2020, 06:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for your kind words. xx

Surrendered ...how huge is it that people like Mags and Daisybelle give so much of themselves to us???

It's because we have been where you are, we know the struggles first hand, the battles within yourself, the self loathing and lack of respect. Gratitude is playing a massive part in my sobriety, no matter how hard it is there is always, always something to be grateful for and if you can't think of anything, be grateful you woke up with a pulse this morning.
S.R and the wonderful, inspiring people here like Dee, Mags, Hevyn & Least have been my salvation.
You all can do this, you are not alone here, we are all on the same road, it's just a bit rockier for some than it is for others.

Love always. xxx
Old 01-20-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags- your words resonated with me. My journey is about building a new life- a work in progress, I too reached a stage of such hope/helplessness that the 2 paths open to me were quite plain. I chose recovery.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, I’m so glad you chose the sober recovery road. For yourself and also for us...otherwise we would’ve missed all your compassion, your wisdom, your humour and dare I say it ...your jokes . you mean a lot to us at SR. x
Old 01-20-2020, 11:31 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

My humour is so sofistimicated sometimes even I do not understand it.

Deep.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Magsie

A whole new dictionary PJ
Old 01-21-2020, 07:33 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

It must be enormously gratifying beyond words for the people who have been through this to see others come here and make the transition to sober life.