Notices

Alone...but still trying

Old 01-19-2020, 05:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Surrendered19;7363034]

Stay sober girl. We don't drink any more.[/QUOTE

Hello Surrender!... I cant wait to make it to 60 days that will be uncharted waters for me ..... The hardest part of the day is over for me.... liquor stores are now closed and i WILL stay sober today.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetiepie32 View Post
I 100% agree with you on this statement Bora, I go through waves of acceptance of this though it can be so hard when Im in knees deep because of the alcoholic drama, dysfunction and toxicity that leaks out of my family but I continue to pray for guidance when it comes to this.
It is terribly hard. I know that my desire to have a “healthy” and supportive family will never go away. But continuing to engage with them, and to play my assigned part in all their drama, was no longer an option for me.

I learned about the “grey rock” method here. It’s basically engaging with dramatic people but remaining disengaged from their drama. A quick link with an explanation is here: https://blogs.psychcentral.com/unsha...-toxic-people/
The Friends and Family forum is also an incredibly helpful place to learn about dealing with your family in the best way possible.

Congrats on another sober day! The pain never leaves, but it sure gets easier to handle with time.
-bora
Old 01-19-2020, 07:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetiepie32 View Post
Hello Delilah, Im still figuring out what i like to do in its entirely. But i enjoy reading SR... (though i dont post often i read daily ) working out, biking(though this is not possible at the moment due to the weather), listening to a good audio book or podcast, eating good food, and traveling. Im also going to reach out more often and post, thanks for responding to my post.
There is a sticky in the Newcomers section with a ton of recovery related book tiles. You can probably get them as audio books as well.

Maybe a cooking class? Weekend wellness retreat?