Notices

Few Weeks Sober But Messed It Up. Help Needed

Old 01-20-2020, 10:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SendSleep View Post

Nothing bad will happen to me, I am okay. Thank you. I’m actually going to have some water right now and maybe a fruit smoothie, thank you again for listening and the help. This really helped. I’m going to keep breathing and observing and I’ll sleep soon hopefully sleep soon. Thank you!! I’m glad your night is going well!
I'm glad that my night is going well too, SendSleep. And I'm glad that you're glad. Thank you.

I'm glad you were going to have some water and maybe a fruit smoothie. Brilliant idea.

Did you do it? What flavor? You don't have to answer if that's too personal. You don't have to answer if that's not too personal. All you have to do is [pop quiz, fill in the blank]: _____________
would that be ... breathe? Got it.

Well, SS, jr67 is about to hit the hay. Close to 2 a.m., and I need to be up by 6:30. Which won't be a problem. In fact I'm glad. I've been having a lot of gladness lately. Seems to coincide with this sobriety thing that started happening to me January 2. So what's that now, Day 20! Yay.

I surely hope that when I awake you will be asleep, but I'll probably check in to see. Turn off all your sound notifications, right? When you finally fall into sweet sweet elusive slumber, the last thing you need is a noisy notification asking you whether you are asleep yet.

If you feel like it before you go to sleep, you may want to reread some of our posts from tonight. If not fine. Just don't forget what to do:

Starts with a "b" and it ends with an "e" and it sounds like breathe. ... Right here in River City. (???) Never mind, it's a long story, and I gotta go to sleep.

Remember, SR is open 24/7 if you want to reach for a helping hand.

Good night.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

P.S. I am in the same time zone as you and a little while ago I said it was 2 a.m. and it's now a little after 1 a.m. Sorry, for a second there I guess I forgot how to tell time.

Sleep tight.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
I'm glad that my night is going well too, SendSleep. And I'm glad that you're glad. Thank you.

I'm glad you were going to have some water and maybe a fruit smoothie. Brilliant idea.

Did you do it? What flavor? You don't have to answer if that's too personal. You don't have to answer if that's not too personal. All you have to do is [pop quiz, fill in the blank]: _____________
would that be ... breathe? Got it.

Well, SS, jr67 is about to hit the hay. Close to 2 a.m., and I need to be up by 6:30. Which won't be a problem. In fact I'm glad. I've been having a lot of gladness lately. Seems to coincide with this sobriety thing that started happening to me January 2. So what's that now, Day 20! Yay.

I surely hope that when I awake you will be asleep, but I'll probably check in to see. Turn off all your sound notifications, right? When you finally fall into sweet sweet elusive slumber, the last thing you need is a noisy notification asking you whether you are asleep yet.

If you feel like it before you go to sleep, you may want to reread some of our posts from tonight. If not fine. Just don't forget what to do:

Starts with a "b" and it ends with an "e" and it sounds like breathe. ... Right here in River City. (???) Never mind, it's a long story, and I gotta go to sleep.

Remember, SR is open 24/7 if you want to reach for a helping hand.

Good night.

Thank you, that really helped. I had a banana smoothie. I’ve been breathing, I will be okay. Happy day 21 now! That is amazing! I’m rereading some posts now. My notifications are on silent so when my sleep comes I won’t be woken. Sleep well! Hopefully I’ll be joining you soon. thank you again!

Old 01-21-2020, 01:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey SendSleep. Psst. You awake?

I am. Just woke up a little bit ago. Slept great. I wish it were a little longer but who hasn't said that, or thought it in one's heart of hearts once in a while, truth be told.

And that's what we're here for, telling the truth, imho. We should take a poll: Who hasn't never not failed to think that at least once?

Never? Well almost never.

If you've a lil sleep
Or if you have a big sleep
Size does not matter

It's how you use it
that really makes the difference.
Or so I've been told.

So I'm rambling, SS.

Psst, you awake? Hey SendSleep.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:25 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

All right SS.

You didn't answer right away so maybe that means you're asleep.

It's almost 4:30 a.m. where I am and where you are.

I'm going to get up and make some coffee, eat a banana, and get to my home-office desk to get ready for my 9 a.m. meeting downtown.

There's no time like the present.

When you wake up let us know. We're all rooting for you SendSleep, here in SobeRlandia.

I'll he checking from time to time.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:46 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

All right SS.

You didn't answer right away so maybe that means you're asleep.

It's almost 4:30 a.m. where I am and where you are.

I'm going to get up and make some coffee, eat a banana, and get to my home-office desk to get ready for my 9 a.m. meeting downtown.

There's no time like the present.

When you wake up let us know. We're all rooting for you SendSleep, here in SobeRlandia.

I'll he checking from time to time.

Thanks for checking in, Been lying down breathing in the dark for a while. am finally tired my eyes are closing, Sleepy time for me. My brain feels fried and I’m a bit anxious But I’m tired thankfully and the breathing helps anxiety so thank you again for that tip. the comedown will suck but I’m okay and good I’m sleepy right now and I’ll deal with it when I wake up. I’m trying to tell myself I’m going to be okay, and just to sleep now. See ya when I wake up. Good luck with the meeting, it will go great. Thank you again!

Old 01-21-2020, 01:58 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Good, SoundSleep.

Ahh, sleep. I like the sound of that.

Long may it reign.

Welcome back to the land of the living. Hope you stay around for a while.

One breath, one day at a time.
Old 01-21-2020, 04:17 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good day SoundSleep.

U awake yet?

It's 7 p.m. Tuesday. Looks like you were about to nod off about 14 hours ago.

So maybe it'll be a while longer.

Please check in. I/we would be gratified to learn you have emerged on the other side of your crisis and are moving towards continuing a plan of sobriety.

As I think you learned over your long, long weekend from hell, this site has a thing or two to offer someone in your sitation.

Plus there are one or two posts sprinkled here and there around SR directed to you personally from others besides yours truly.

Sleep well, wake up in due course, hydrate, masticate (eat), and carry on.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good day SoundSleep.

U awake yet?

It's 7 p.m. Tuesday. Looks like you were about to nod off about 14 hours ago.

So maybe it'll be a while longer.

Please check in. I/we would be gratified to learn you have emerged on the other side of your crisis and are moving towards continuing a plan of sobriety.

As I think you learned over your long, long weekend from hell, this site has a thing or two to offer someone in your sitation.

Plus there are one or two posts sprinkled here and there around SR directed to you personally from others besides yours truly.

Sleep well, wake up in due course, hydrate, masticate (eat), and carry on.

I’m alive and back in the land of the living! I slept very well and I feel better then I did this weekend. Although still feel like **** but that’s the comedown. Thank you for checking in. I’m still exhausted and my brain feels mush. I haven’t eat yet, but I will eat and have water. I feel like **** and I’m freezing and anxious. I plan to distract myself and watch Netflix or something that doesn’t require much effort because I can’t really do much that involves actually thinking b/c my brain is so tired lol.

oh yes, I have learned through my long horrible weekend that SR certainly does have a thing or two to offer people in my situation and I’m so grateful for the support. Thank you!

I will check those out as well, and do some reading on here. Will try to distract myself from the annoying comedown feelings, I am well rested and that’s what matters. How is your night going? I hope well

Old 01-21-2020, 07:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I’m feeling anxious ugh but to be expected with the comedown, had some smoothie and water so that’s good. Am tired so going to maybe sleep again lol. Going to try and breathe and tell myself I’m okay and I’ll wake up tomorrow and feel a bit better and it will be okay. I think my brain is just friend lol. Thanks again! Hope your night is going well!
Old 01-21-2020, 08:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SendSleep View Post
I’m feeling anxious ugh but to be expected with the comedown, had some smoothie and water so that’s good. Am tired so going to maybe sleep again lol. Going to try and breathe and tell myself I’m okay and I’ll wake up tomorrow and feel a bit better and it will be okay. I think my brain is just friend lol. Thanks again! Hope your night is going well!
Yes, sleep, and so will i.

But just so you know, I am bereft. I just spent an hour on a multilayered missive to you, and went to send it, and it disappeared.

We'll pick up on the important bits on the morrow and beyond. I need to be doing worky work much more beginning on my Day 21 (tomorrow) than I have on all of my Day 1 through 20, but I ain't going no where, I'll be checking in.

My short question(s), that you don't have to answer right now if you are winding down: Do you have a plan, or think you may need a plan, in the event cravings arise in the short term for you to hit the streets for a pill or 3? Or maybe at least for a little while you are so spent that's not even in the realm of possibility, I am unfamiliar with the adderall experience so I am just asking.

C u later, SS.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:20 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

And/or on a lighter note, what's on your Netflix short list?
Old 01-22-2020, 07:48 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I hope you are continuing to sleep as much as needed, SS. When you are ready, I (we) would love to hear how your Day 3 is going.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:17 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Yes, sleep, and so will i.

But just so you know, I am bereft. I just spent an hour on a multilayered missive to you, and went to send it, and it disappeared.

We'll pick up on the important bits on the morrow and beyond. I need to be doing worky work much more beginning on my Day 21 (tomorrow) than I have on all of my Day 1 through 20, but I ain't going no where, I'll be checking in.

My short question(s), that you don't have to answer right now if you are winding down: Do you have a plan, or think you may need a plan, in the event cravings arise in the short term for you to hit the streets for a pill or 3? Or maybe at least for a little while you are so spent that's not even in the realm of possibility, I am unfamiliar with the adderall experience so I am just asking.

C u later, SS.

Good morning and happy Day 21! That’s amazing! I hope work goes well for you and thank you again for checking in! I fell asleep shortly after I posted last night and slept very well lol so I feel slightly more like a human today lol.

I do think I may need a plan, the cravings happen when I have the mental energy to think again lol and that’s when it gets hard. I do need to speak to my friends about not selling to me and to my doctor about not prescribing me anymore. My plan would be to distract myself, journal, post on SR, reach out to my friend, reread my posts from when I was high to remind myself it wasn’t that great.

Old 01-22-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I hope you are continuing to sleep as much as needed, SS. When you are ready, I (we) would love to hear how your Day 3 is going.
good morning! I slept very well, although still tired. Day 3 is okay thanks, my brain feels like sludge lol, a feeling I don’t love, but hopefully in time I’ll be back to normal. My body also hurts and I just feel kinda blehhh, I guess. But that’s to be expected. My friend is coming over today to hang, which will be nice. I can’t even think about leaving the house, so we’ll just be at my place chilling and eating and having water lol. When I actually leave the house, I’m taking him for a nice dinner.

I think, For me, the hardest part about not using addy is feeling like I can’t do life without it, like going to work without it or being productive without it, I know I can be a person with out taking pills, but it’s the mental struggle that will be hard. But I’m sure once I start doing life I’ll see it is possible. How is your day 21 going?

Old 01-22-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

And/or on a lighter note, what's on your Netflix short list?
The Witcher, You, Grey's Anatomy. What’s about you? I’m always looking for new recommendations lol
Old 01-23-2020, 03:54 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I woke up today and I feel nauseous and I’m still tired and I feel like India sad ugh! This sucks. Hope everyone is having a good day will maybe try and sleep more since it’s early, although I go back to work next week so need to be up around this time anyways
Old 01-23-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I don't know what India sad is, but I do know early days of being off any drug is tough. Emotions are raw, and there is no go-to pill to take, yeah? I cried for a solid month - over everything and nothing. Are you just coming off the Addies, or are other drugs/alcohol in the mix?

Good thing about emotions is they pass - usually quite quickly. Don't try to force it, just lean into it and observe.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Enlighten us, o SendSleep. What is India sad?

Today is only Thursday, and you don't go back to work until Monday, right? I don't think you need to be overly concerned today about resetting your body clock so you can get up and go to work 4 days from now. Each of is is different, but most people, IME, like to change up their schedules during vacations and sleep in sometimes. What do you think?

Plus you are 27 years old, by my calculations. Despite the tortures we may put our bodies and minds through, I venture to say those of a 27-year-old have vast potentials for recovery and rejuvenation.

Today is my Day 22. I got 40 years on you, SS, and in the past 3 weeks and a day both of mine (body and mind)* are evincing improvements unimaginable to me as I nodded off into a not-so-semi stupor on 1 Jan 2020.

* Not both of my bodies and both of my minds, but both my one body and my one mind.**

** But then again, I'm a Gemini, so sometimes I am of two minds. And sometimes the body has a mind of its own. And ...***

*** Oh, never mind, I'm all tied up in knots**** (NOT).

**** I can't wait to read the book (Knots). It should be here in a week or so on its way from venuscat's old book collection she left behind in Oz for some reason.*****

***** Don't believe everything you read. Especially on the internet.

Pop quiz:

Why did venuscat leave her copy of Knots behind in Australia?
Old 01-23-2020, 04:04 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Enlighten us, o SendSleep. What is India sad?

Today is only Thursday, and you don't go back to work until Monday, right? I don't think you need to be overly concerned today about resetting your body clock so you can get up and go to work 4 days from now. Each of is is different, but most people, IME, like to change up their schedules during vacations and sleep in sometimes. What do you think?

Plus you are 27 years old, by my calculations. Despite the tortures we may put our bodies and minds through, I venture to say those of a 27-year-old have vast potentials for recovery and rejuvenation.

Today is my Day 22. I got 40 years on you, SS, and in the past 3 weeks and a day both of mine (body and mind)* are evincing improvements unimaginable to me as I nodded off into a not-so-semi stupor on 1 Jan 2020.

* Not both of my bodies and both of my minds, but both my one body and my one mind.**

** But then again, I'm a Gemini, so sometimes I am of two minds. And sometimes the body has a mind of its own. And ...***

*** Oh, never mind, I'm all tied up in knots**** (NOT).

**** I can't wait to read the book (Knots). It should be here in a week or so on its way from venuscat's old book collection she left behind in Oz for some reason.*****

***** Don't believe everything you read. Especially on the internet.

Pop quiz:

Why did venuscat leave her copy of Knots behind in Australia?

Lol, I meant kind of sad - my brain is still fried haha. I decided to take your advice and sleep in (for basically the whole day until now lol). I go back on Monday and I’m nervous about returning to work, I wonder if I can still be good at my job without the adderall, part of me is scared I’ll be fired. I‘m going to try and not freak myself out about it, easier said than done ugh

Congrats on day 22!! That’s awesome!! You give me hope it gets easier. I’m so glad your body and mind are better since you’ve been sober, you really give me hope. How long did it take to feel somewhat better? How has your day 22 been?

Nice, I’m an Aquarius Love the thought provoking pop quiz! gives me something to think about other then anxiety and cravings which started just now when I woke up grr. I will get back with an answer to why venuscat leave her copy of Knots behind in Australia I do want to hear how you like the book. Hope your night is going well!