Notices

Few Weeks Sober But Messed It Up. Help Needed

Old 01-19-2020, 07:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I ran to the store and got bananas and peanut butter and bread and blueberries. I swear people could tell I’m high or maybe it just me. I’m not sure. I’m arranging the food in the kitchen now because I feel like I need to do something with all this energy. I need to eat but am not hungry. I just feel anxious. I’m scared of the crash and being without adderall and what if I can’t do it? I know I need to get rid of the pills now before I crash later cuz once I wake up, I’ll want more. I’m tired and want sleep and tired of feeling like this! I just want to be okay. Thank you all for listening.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It's just you. One of the worst parts of being high (on anything) is the paranoia.

Clean a closet. Detail your kitchen.

Honestly the best thing for me is to get out in nature. Always works. Did you run on your two legs or drive to the store? Get out of the house and away from your demons. (You know, those things in your head that you're making up.)
Old 01-19-2020, 08:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

SendSleep, too bad you don't live near me because you could help shovel snow. Blueberries, another excellent choice.

Have you eaten anything yet? We're not allowed to give medical advice here ...

(thankfully; and I'm not a medical professional and if anyone on line anonymously like this tries to tell you they are, you should absolutely take that with a huge grain of salt, a pound of salt, a pillar of salt)

... but I don't think I'll be censored for saying that in my experience, while they may be pretty, no one has gotten a lot of health benefits from blueberries or bananas just by arranging them in a fruit bowl. Might make a nice photo op, but you actually gotta ingest at least a little something.

So have you? Start slow, and drink lots of water.

SendSleep, you are making so much sense (despite your opinion of yourself right now), and you are making so many statements, there are quite a few things I'd like to get into in this post.

But I'm gonna hit send soon, and see what you have to say and how you're doing. Plus I have to take the dogs out again soon, do the big weekly grocery shopping, find a grow-light for my kitchen herb garden I got for Christmas but haven't started yet. (Lol like I said I wish you were nearby, you could help with some of these chores/errands to burn off some of that energy.)

I'll be checking back in, as will the whole SR community. That's what it is here for, I have learned in these past two weeks.

Last thoughts (for this post):

1. One of the few things I disagree with that you said, I guess the one that I most strongly disagree with is when you said, more than once: "I am stupid." Wrong.

2. What about your doc who is prescribing the addies? Do you trust his/her judgment? Are you including him/her in the decision-making about how to handle your overuse? Or are you "afraid" to tell the doc because the doc may cut back, or terminate, your scrips? If that's what's going on, think it through, in the long run guess who you're *really* fooling.

3. If you are overusing, how come you are not running out of pills? Are you picking them up on the street? How many do you have left? How easy would it be to get more even if you do flush away the ones you have right now? You said your friends are partiers. Can you just pick up more in like 2 minutes anyway?

4.a. I think you said above that you have this one friend who is not a partier but that you are not that close. Does that friend know you are abusing substance(s)?

4.b. Btw, is it just addies, or alcohol, pot, crack, meth ....? you know the drill.

4.c. Anyway, does that friend know you use/abuse? If not (or if so), what do you think would happen if you contacted that friend and asked for help? That friend might be the best friend you have. Just sayin'.

5. I'll shut up now for a bit. Like before, it's not as if you have to answer any or all of these questions here on line, but they might be good to think about. If you want to go public, fine, that's what this site is all about, but you can set whatever boundaries you want.

6. And finally (for now), if you want to PM me about anything, for maybe a quicker response if we know we are going to be PMing, feel free. For example, we could schedule a time when we agree to "meet" via PM, and we can chat. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that there are other SR members out there who would say the same.

Please let me (us) know what's going on.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oops.

P.S. SendSleep. You can't send a PM (private message) until you have posted 15 posts. But I see you are up to 12, so you are close if that option appeals to you.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
SendSleep, too bad you don't live near me because you could help shovel snow. Blueberries, another excellent choice.

Have you eaten anything yet? We're not allowed to give medical advice here ...

(thankfully; and I'm not a medical professional and if anyone on line anonymously like this tries to tell you they are, you should absolutely take that with a huge grain of salt, a pound of salt, a pillar of salt)

... but I don't think I'll be censored for saying that in my experience, while they may be pretty, no one has gotten a lot of health benefits from blueberries or bananas just by arranging them in a fruit bowl. Might make a nice photo op, but you actually gotta ingest at least a little something.

So have you? Start slow, and drink lots of water.

SendSleep, you are making so much sense (despite your opinion of yourself right now), and you are making so many statements, there are quite a few things I'd like to get into in this post.

But I'm gonna hit send soon, and see what you have to say and how you're doing. Plus I have to take the dogs out again soon, do the big weekly grocery shopping, find a grow-light for my kitchen herb garden I got for Christmas but haven't started yet. (Lol like I said I wish you were nearby, you could help with some of these chores/errands to burn off some of that energy.)

I'll be checking back in, as will the whole SR community. That's what it is here for, I have learned in these past two weeks.

Last thoughts (for this post):

1. One of the few things I disagree with that you said, I guess the one that I most strongly disagree with is when you said, more than once: "I am stupid." Wrong.

2. What about your doc who is prescribing the addies? Do you trust his/her judgment? Are you including him/her in the decision-making about how to handle your overuse? Or are you "afraid" to tell the doc because the doc may cut back, or terminate, your scrips? If that's what's going on, think it through, in the long run guess who you're *really* fooling.

3. If you are overusing, how come you are not running out of pills? Are you picking them up on the street? How many do you have left? How easy would it be to get more even if you do flush away the ones you have right now? You said your friends are partiers. Can you just pick up more in like 2 minutes anyway?

4.a. I think you said above that you have this one friend who is not a partier but that you are not that close. Does that friend know you are abusing substance(s)?

4.b. Btw, is it just addies, or alcohol, pot, crack, meth ....? you know the drill.

4.c. Anyway, does that friend know you use/abuse? If not (or if so), what do you think would happen if you contacted that friend and asked for help? That friend might be the best friend you have. Just sayin'.

5. I'll shut up now for a bit. Like before, it's not as if you have to answer any or all of these questions here on line, but they might be good to think about. If you want to go public, fine, that's what this site is all about, but you can set whatever boundaries you want.

6. And finally (for now), if you want to PM me about anything, for maybe a quicker response if we know we are going to be PMing, feel free. For example, we could schedule a time when we agree to "meet" via PM, and we can chat. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that there are other SR members out there who would say the same.

Please let me (us) know what's going on.

THANK YOU! For checking in and for the support. I’d be down to help shovel snow if I lived closer. The amount of engergy I have is redic. I went for a walk/run in this park area, got a little lost on my way home haha, I swear everyone could tell I was high, it seemed like it to me but maybe. I reorganized my kitchen and cleaned my floors twice, there was this speck of dust that just wouldn’t come out! Ugh! I had water and am going to try and have some fruit or bread now. It also looks pretty for a photo opp haha!! I hope your errands are going well! If I lived near by, I’d love to help with them! I have all this aimless energy lol! Even if my close my eyes I can’t haha. I feel like I’m not being productive enough with my life and maybe I should be traveling the world or something or writing a book or doing something or inventing something. I’m glad I’m naming sense cuz it seems like I’m totally not and like everything is going so fast and I’m going so fast but I’m also not and the world is going fast and I have many thoughts but do they all connect. I am stupid cuz I messed up and took addy yesterday and took another pill today and I was making errors at work this week and I just feel stupid like I need to get myself together.

For the questions, better to get everything out in the open. My doc doesn’t know about my overuse and exactly I’m afraid to tell him for those reasons. I’m scared I’ll be cut off. I’m not running out cuz I get more off the street from from my friends. One of them texted me just now seeing if I wanted to hang. I haven’t replied and I’m running now on phone battery and lost my charger in my cleaning spree so might be a good thing lol. Right now I have 12 left and could get more by Making calls. It’s mainly addy but also alcohol and pot sometimes. Anything to bring me down after the addy. That friend who doesn’t party doesn’t know I abuse stuff I don’t think? Idk if he can tell and we don’t really hang out much cuz he doesn’t party. I’ve gone to dinner with him and our friends a few times, but idk if he could tell something was off. I’m not sure what would happen if I asked him for help, he lives 40 mins away, maybe he’d come over but he’d also see my tweaked out of my mind and I don’t know if id be judged. He’s been sober from alcohol for 2 years, so I he would get it I think. Idk. Thank you! That really means a lot and I appreciate the PM offer. This place has been so welcoming. I’m so tired of being like this and I’m scared and i don’t want the comedown, but I want sleep! I just want sleep and to be okay! THANK YOU again for listening and checking in. I hope your errands/chores are well!! Sorry for the wall of text and rambling.
Old 01-19-2020, 09:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
It's just you. One of the worst parts of being high (on anything) is the paranoia.

Clean a closet. Detail your kitchen.

Honestly the best thing for me is to get out in nature. Always works. Did you run on your two legs or drive to the store? Get out of the house and away from your demons. (You know, those things in your head that you're making up.)
thank you!! Glad it’s just me. I walked there and did more walking and got lost haha. It was nice! I cleaned and rearranged stuff and am now trying to eat, food doesn’t really seem appealing but I’m having fun organizing it and chopping it up into a fruit bowl salad thing lol. I just want this to be over to sleep. I hope your day is going well
Old 01-19-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

SendSleep my man!

[or]

SendSleep my woman!

[or]

SendSleep my [fill in the blank. Or not. Up to you.]

So the kitchen is clean? Glad to hear it, not every substance abuser can say that. What about the rest of your place?

Dust bunnies under
the bed, anyone? Or, say,
Bathroom tile gross grout?

Once your home is passably clean, then how about doing some writing? Or why wait. How about doing some writing?

Is there an echo in here?

The writing could be on SR (should be recovery-related if here in the newcomer's section), but I gather there are other writing forums (fora?) (which is it, and why? discuss!) further down the site. I haven't been there yet.

Or you got some old fashioned pen and paper lying around? Or, like Jack Kerouac, a roll of toilet paper? That's what he wrote On the Road on (or so "they" say) (I wasn't there, altho I'm almost old enough to have been. Compared to most peeps on this site, anyway.

You have so much to say! Journaling, or in your case at the moment, speed-writing, so to speak, can open windows into one's own soul, heart, kidneys, spleen.

Whether you want all that to be an open book is up to you. But in your hyped state, or any other state, you may wish to exercise judgment and self-restraint.

Or not. How you write, where you write, when you write, whether you write, and however you express yourself (arranging and photographing still lifes (still lives?) with blueberries and bananas?) ... all of it is up to you, SendSleep.

All of those things are up to each of us. And our answers are all different.

Anyway, for today, one more alternative for your burning energy might just be writing. It is clear to me you have a lot to say.

Just an idea.

Ok, I haven't gotten very far down that list of to-dos for jr today. I'm on my way out the door.

See you later.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I saw you posted
in the haiku thread, SendSleep
and said it was fun
Old 01-19-2020, 11:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

SendSleep my man!

[or]

SendSleep my woman!

[or]

SendSleep my [fill in the blank. Or not. Up to you.]

So the kitchen is clean? Glad to hear it, not every substance abuser can say that. What about the rest of your place?

Dust bunnies under
the bed, anyone? Or, say,
Bathroom tile gross grout?

Once your home is passably clean, then how about doing some writing? Or why wait. How about doing some writing?

The writing could be on SR (should be recovery-related if here in the newcomer's section), but I gather there are other writing forums (fora?) (which is it, and why? discuss!) further down the site. I haven't been there yet.

Or you got some old fashioned pen and paper lying around? Or, like Jack Kerouac, a roll of toilet paper? That's what he wrote On the Road on (or so "they" say) (I wasn't there, altho I'm almost old enough to have been. Compared to most peeps on this site, anyway.

You have so much to say! Journaling, or in your case at the moment, speed-writing, so to speak, can open windows into one's own soul, heart, kidneys, spleen.

Whether you want all that to be an open book is up to you. But in your hyped state, or any other state, you may wish to exercise judgment and self-restraint.

Or not. How you write, where you write, when you write, whether you write, and however you express yourself (arranging and photographing still lifes (still lives?) with blueberries and bananas?) ... all of it is up to you, SendSleep.

All of those things are up to each of us. And our answers are all different.

Anyway, for today, one more alternative for your burning energy might just be writing. It is clear to me you have a lot to say.

Just an idea.

Ok, I haven't gotten very far down that list of to-dos for jr today. I'm on my way out the door.

See you later.

Thanks!! The rest of the place is spotless, but could always use a good cleaning. Good idea, I’ve been journaling my thoughts down, it’s been helping, I have a lot on my mind and in my head and around me. My party friend called me, didn’t hear the phone ring though. I probs should leave it and not meet up with them, it wouldn’t be good. Maybe I’ll try to eat something, I’m feeling a bit mehh or my stomach feels weird. My fruit does look pretty though. Hope the errands go well. One thought that’s been circling around my head is how to get rid of my pills or if I do it now or wait till I crash and I’ve slept and am thinking my clearly. Thank you again.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Oops.

P.S. SendSleep. You can't send a PM (private message) until you have posted 15 posts. But I see you are up to 12, so you are close if that option appeals to you.

thanks, I believe I’m up to 15 now
Old 01-19-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SendSleep View Post

thanks, I believe I’m up to 15 now
Yes, I believe you are, SendSleep.

So, if you want, you can PM me. If you try me in the next 15 minutes I will see your message right away and get back to you. After that I'll be checking on and off for a couple of hours, and then (after about 8 p.m. on the east coast of the USA), I should be mostly paying attention here for at least a couple of hours again.

So either PM me or send a public post whenever you want, today or in the future, and we'll take it from there. (But TTTT I'd love to hear from you today again, one way or the other.)

BTW what time zone are you in? Sorry if you already said, but I am not remembering at the moment.

Sounds like it's someplace
without snow at the moment.
Some folks got it good.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes, I believe you are, SendSleep.

So, if you want, you can PM me. If you try me in the next 15 minutes I will see your message right away and get back to you. After that I'll be checking on and off for a couple of hours, and then (after about 8 p.m. on the east coast of the USA), I should be mostly paying attention here for at least a couple of hours again.

So either PM me or send a public post whenever you want, today or in the future, and we'll take it from there. (But TTTT I'd love to hear from you today again, one way or the other.)

BTW what time zone are you in? Sorry if you already said, but I am not remembering at the moment.

Sounds like it's someplace
without snow at the moment.
Some folks got it good.
thanks!! Appreciate it; will PM you. Been journaling and cleaning and feeling mehh. I’m in EST, living in NY so not too much snow here!!
Old 01-19-2020, 04:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi SendSleep. I'm sorry you are struggling. If you don't take the pills, what happens? If it is just being up, just be up for a few days. Turn the tv on and gather some food and heal up for a few days awake. Lie down and rest knowing you won't sleep. But prone and resting is still having an effect on your body. Resting is the second best thing besides sleep. In the next few days maybe all you can do is rest. It sounds like you have a few days in front of you with no obligations? If that is the case, come clean and just plan on your first night of sleep being Tuesday night? You can make that.

You also might consider a detox if that is an option?
Old 01-19-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Hi SendSleep. I'm sorry you are struggling. If you don't take the pills, what happens? If it is just being up, just be up for a few days. Turn the tv on and gather some food and heal up for a few days awake. Lie down and rest knowing you won't sleep. But prone and resting is still having an effect on your body. Resting is the second best thing besides sleep. In the next few days maybe all you can do is rest. It sounds like you have a few days in front of you with no obligations? If that is the case, come clean and just plan on your first night of sleep being Tuesday night? You can make that.

You also might consider a detox if that is an option?
thank you, I just want it to be over and to be okay. If I don’t take the pills I get exhausted and tired and feel blehh I guess and my body hurts and my brain feels like sludge. I don’t have work until next week, my company gave us this week off! I should try resting, it’s just annoying I can’t sleep, I have so much energy and nothing to do with it I guess. Once the high wears off, I can actually sleep and rejuvenate, but for now I’ll try to rest even though I can’t actually sleep. I also get weird when I don’t sleep I guess. I can’t afford detox and Idk if Adderall requires it. Thank you for the ideas, appreciate it. I hope your night is going well!
Old 01-19-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Exhausted, tired, blehh, body hurts, brain sludge, can't sleep, weird. None of those are fatal SendSleep. Dump that **** out and do your time. Suffering a little bit is the start of all of our healthy journeys. You can do a few days with those symptoms.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
Exhausted, tired, blehh, body hurts, brain sludge, can't sleep, weird. None of those are fatal SendSleep. Dump that **** out and do your time. Suffering a little bit is the start of all of our healthy journeys. You can do a few days with those symptoms.
you’re right! I’m just scared to be without it I guess but it’s time. Idk if I can throw it away myself, idk If I’m strong enough
Old 01-19-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I know I need to tell my friends what’s going on since I get pills from them, but I’m scared of being judged and losing my friends. They are mainly party friends
Old 01-20-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I know I need to tell my friends what’s going on since I get pills from them, but I’m scared of being judged and losing my friends. They are mainly party friends
Good day SendSleep. How are things your way? Maybe you are sleeping? That would be good, but I think you thought last night that the addies you had already taken might keep you up until Tuesday morning.

Well, whenever you read this, please post on SR with an update. A lot of SRlanders are concerned and rooting for you.

I am confident you stuck with the right decision last evening and overnight (passing on the pills), but I (we) would be reassured and would appreciate it if you would give us an update. And also, I strongly encourage you to browse all around the SR website; I have learned so much from it since I discovered it about 2.5 weeks ago, and I am learning more from it every day, about others' trials and tribulations, but mostly about my own.

I have noticed that the substance abuse portion of the website seems to be less traveled than the alcohol-specific forums, threads, and posts.

However, wiser minds than mine have observed that while the chemical equations may be different for alcohol and adderrall (to take two examples among many), the causes, progressions, and (we hope, mightily) the favorable resolutions of substance abuse disorder, while unique to each person in their particulars, tend to follow consistent predictable patterns.

So I encourage you to join the Class of January 2020 in the Newly Recovered section of the website, and take it (your path to sobriety) from there.

Hope to see you soon, my (our) sleepy one.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Oh, and about the friends. Well, you know who your friends are.

Or maybe you're about to find out.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:00 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Friends don't sell their friend drugs, illegally.

I hope you threw them out. Otherwise you stay on this self-destruction.

You CAN throw them out. Go through the discomfort now while you don't have to go to work. Trying to detox and work? Much harder. You can be all better if you stop now.