SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Please help quickly... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445115-please-help-quickly.html)

Sohard 01-18-2020 01:59 PM

Please help quickly...

Visiting my mom, who doesn’t know of my issue. I’m at 257 days. She’s ordered wine. We used to drink wine together. It’s cold, snowy, and I’m feeling bored. Just bored. I think drinking would be fun and comforting. I know it would be actually. It would.

but I know I can’t. So I’m asking for help. That’s what everyone says to do. I feel like the decision is out of my hands. Like I’m destined to drink. I always think I’m past this. ****.

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:00 PM

I was fine just 10 minutes ago!!!!!!!

thomas11 01-18-2020 02:04 PM

Decision time. Spend time with your mom and risk your sobriety, or maybe tell mom that early tomorrow morning might be a better time for you.

fishkiller 01-18-2020 02:05 PM

She is your Mother and loves you, probably more than herself, so maybe it's time to tell her?

I really don't know what to say other than just don't drink.

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 7362040)
Decision time. Spend time with your mom and risk your sobriety, or maybe tell mom that early tomorrow morning might be a better time for you.

im here from out of town. So there is no leaving option.

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by fishkiller (Post 7362041)
She is your Mother and loves you, probably more than herself, so maybe it's time to tell her?

I really don't know what to say other than just don't drink.

she won’t understand. My dad died of addiction from smoking. Never understood. She doesn’t get/believe in addiction.

fishkiller 01-18-2020 02:07 PM

I'm sure she will understand and more than likely cancel the wine herself.

Problem solved

fishkiller 01-18-2020 02:09 PM

You posted as I was posting. That sucks.

Stay strong is all I got now.

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by fishkiller (Post 7362044)
I'm sure she will understand and more than likely cancel the wine herself.

Problem solved

no. She won’t. I wish she would, but she wouldn’t. We’ve discussed addiction millions of times (again, my dad died of it). She still thinks it’s crazy.

regardless if she would though, I want to.

fishkiller 01-18-2020 02:10 PM

Fake stomach ache? Head to bed early?

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by fishkiller (Post 7362047)
You posted as I was posting. That sucks.

Stay strong is all I got now.

thank you. :(

Derringer 01-18-2020 02:11 PM

F.E.A.R.

False evidence appearing real.

F*** everything and run

OR

Face everything and recover

Its time you stood your ground, tell Mom, I don't drink anymore and leave it at that.

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 7362053)
F.E.A.R.

can you explain? I don’t understand. I’m hoping it helps though.

fishkiller 01-18-2020 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sohard (Post 7362049)

no. She won’t. I wish she would, but she wouldn’t. We’ve discussed addiction millions of times (again, my dad died of it). She still thinks it’s crazy.

regardless if she would though, I want to.

I don't think you really do.
You wouldn't have posted if you did.
The Beast wants you to.

Dee74 01-18-2020 02:12 PM

Hi Sohard

My dad and I used to drink together too - not to excess - but while one or two would be more than enough for him, my Beast was awakened. When I could, as soon as I could, I'd go back to drinking round the clock

I don't think he really understands why I'm not drinking, but he did get a 'no thanks'. I think it took a while, but he's ok with it now.

I'm all for being s nice guy - I'm even ok with people pleasing sometimes - but not when it might mean my destruction.

Use an excuse if you'd rather not open the whole alcoholic issue right now, but say no.

D

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7362057)
Hi Sohard

My dad and I used to drink together too - not to excess - but while one or two would be more than enough for him, my Beast was awakened. When I could, as soon as I could, I'd go back to drinking round the clock

I don't think he really understands why I'm not drinking, but he did get a 'no thanks'. I think it took a while, but he's ok with it now.

I'm all for being s nice guy - I'm even ok with people pleasing sometimes - but not when it might mean my destruction.

Use an excuse if you'd rather not open the whole alcoholic issue right now, but say no.

D

but the problem is that right now I feel like I really WANT it. I want to not want it right now. I need to not want it right now.

Sober45 01-18-2020 02:18 PM

You quit for a reason...think back. Don’t fool yourself. Think about how you’ll feel the next day when you wake up if you drink. All those days stacked up gone. I’m on day 17 and going strong right now but what scares me is the type of scenario you’re in right now. You can do this!

fishkiller 01-18-2020 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Derringer (Post 7362053)
F.E.A.R.

F*** everything and run

OR

Face everything and recover

Its time you stood your ground, tell Mom, I don't drink anymore and leave it at that.

No other option

Sohard 01-18-2020 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by fishkiller (Post 7362056)
I don't think you really do.
You wouldn't have posted if you did.
The Beast wants you to.

good point. This is a good point. It’s not here yet. But it will be soon. It’s just so tempting. But tomorrow would be hell. I’d be starting ALL OVER.

Derringer 01-18-2020 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sohard (Post 7362054)

can you explain? I don’t understand. I’m hoping it helps though.

Its just one glass of wine

Surely this wouldn't hurt

Its a special occasion with my Mom, thats a good reason right ?

Its cold and I'm bored, wine might help

I'm betting that is whats going through your mind.

False evidence.