Notices

Please help quickly...

Old 01-19-2020, 12:45 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I am so glad to wake up this morning and read your update! Yey go you!!!!!

I reiterate what everyone else said.... no need to be embarrassed at all! We all know. We have been there. You did exactly the right thing by coming to post. Alcohol is cunning baffling and powerful and is too much to beat alone. Together we can do it!

As for pretending the ginger ale was wine..hey whatever it takes! If you really don't feel you can have that conversation with your mum then that's ok. You found another alternative to get through the situation .

Well done and congratulations on another day
sober.

🙏🙏
Old 01-19-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

How is day 258 so far?!
Old 01-19-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
How is day 258 so far?!
I've been wondering the same thing since I woke up 3 hours ago, fk. (Good morning to you, too, btw.)

Sohard, I was going to say, "Each day gets easier," and I sure hope today is easier than yesterday, but most of us find that sometimes it's more like a roller coaster ride, kinda like you experienced yesterday.

So what's on the agenda today, Sohard? Are you in the part of the eastern U.S. that got snow overnight? I am (New England), and I have to go shovel in a little while (when the dogs wake up; they're sleepin' in, easy as Sunday mornin').

A lot of people are rooting for you, Sohard, so if you feel like checking in, we'd love to hear from you. I, for one, would like to hear what kind of dog you have, etc. etc. I have rescues, too. Best dogs ever! (We'll, except for every other dog-lover's own dog.)

Last edited by jr67; 01-19-2020 at 05:14 AM. Reason: correcting typo
Old 01-19-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Oh my god. THANK GOD I wasn’t a total idiot last night and blow everything. THANK GOD!!! The weird thing is I feel no desire at all to drink now, none!. I mean, absolutely none. So how the heck I can be so sure drinking is an okay decision at 5:30pm last night and then see the light so clearly now is just such a sign of what addiction can be like, I guess. It’s chilling.

Im very grateful to you all.

And I have a beagle. Otherwise known as the best dog ever. I’ll send some pictures.

258 days!!! 70.06% percent of the year.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:36 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Old 01-19-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Old 01-19-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Old 01-19-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sohard View Post
Oh my god. THANK GOD I wasn’t a total idiot last night and blow everything. THANK GOD!!! The weird thing is I feel no desire at all to drink now, none!. I mean, absolutely none. So how the heck I can be so sure drinking is an okay decision at 5:30pm last night and then see the light so clearly now is just such a sign of what addiction can be like, I guess. It’s chilling.

Im very grateful to you all.

And I have a beagle. Otherwise known as the best dog ever.
Awesome! You are a very strong person!

Beagles are awesome!
Had many growing up and we have one now I found as a stray that nobody claimed.
Pretty sure he was a hunting dog someone set free for some reason. Around here a lot of people have different feelings about dogs than I do and it makes me angry.
Anyway he is in heaven now at my parents with their 2 females.

When I 1st got him he wouldn't come close to you. The only reason I caught him was it was 4am, he was in the middle of the highway disoriented and lost so I think he didn't know what was going on.
Had a deathly fear of being inside the house too. We would take him inside when it was cold and he would panic so we had to let him out.
Now he is a friendly dog who will come inside on occasion.

Absolutely post a pic!
Then let me know how you did it. lol
Old 01-19-2020, 05:52 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Dam she's beautiful!
Looks a little spoiled too
Old 01-19-2020, 05:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
Dam she's beautiful!
Looks a little spoiled too
yeah, just a little spoiled. There’s a possibility I give her treats when she wakes me up at 3am for them. 😂
Old 01-19-2020, 06:03 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Fan of hounds myself...Reba is a foxhound mix rescued from a hunt club.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Reba cropped.JPG (59.6 KB, 66 views)
Old 01-19-2020, 06:07 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
She's a beaut!

I'm in VA also.
Those hunt clubs, well let's just say I am not a fan.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
beautiful!!
Old 01-19-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Congrats on your work! You are worth fighting for and so is she. You know she depends on you. I wish you all the best!
Old 01-19-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

i know no one will agree with this decision, but I poured ginger ale in a glass and am pretending it is wine. It’s easier. For now.
Does not matter. This is war and you do what you’ve got to do. Again, congratulations!
Old 01-19-2020, 07:49 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Jeebus, Sohard, you had me going there in those first couple pages.

I think those surprise attacks are to be expected...and how you reacted was the important thing.

Glad you made it.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
Congrats on your work! You are worth fighting for and so is she. You know she depends on you. I wish you all the best!
Totally agree!. (Pardon any typos because one of mine is licking my hand as I type.)

Great to see you back this morning, Sohard. Sup? Busy today?

I just shoveled about 6 inches of snow. The very light and fluffy stuff, so it was easy. Didn't need the snowblower. (Or CPR.)

Beautiful, blindingly sunny now with the sunlight reflecting off the snow. You non-snow peeps may not know that you can get a sunburn in the winter from the intensity of the reflected snow. Used to happen to me when I went skiing sometimes. Haven't done that in a while. Might get back to some cross-county skiing.

Might get back to a lot of stuff (like the occasional haiku-writing?) in my new-found sober state. We'll see. One day at a time.

Have you gotten back into anything, Sohard, in these 270-plus days? (I'm on Day 18.) I mean the dog takes tons of time and love, so that's a lot right there. Like the man (and woman) said: One day at a time.

Just wondering.
Old 01-19-2020, 08:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
quat

What's your plan for future alcohol use?
Old 01-19-2020, 12:30 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jr67 View Post
Totally agree!. Have you gotten back into anything, Sohard, in these 270-plus days? (I'm on Day 18.) I mean the dog takes tons of time and love, so that's a lot right there. Like the man (and woman) said: One day at a time.

Just wondering.
Well, in the past year and a half (since I initially began this whole new me), I’ve moved states, bought my first home, got a new job, and entered the 🐕 dog world.) So, I didn’t quite listen to the “no big changes” advice. For me, everything needed to change, and I thank god for it. Sometimes I feel like I’m climbing Mt Everest in a fight for my life. But it’s exciting. I wonder to myself - what’s around the corner? I know if I drink, there’s nothing around the corner. So, that can’t happen. I’ve decided something really great is going to happen if I just keep my nose to the ground on this sobriety thing. Something really great (on top of everything else I’ve been rewarded with the past 258 days).
Old 01-19-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
What's your plan for future alcohol use?
to not drink ever. I think if I ever get in another panic, I should tell myself that I can drink the next day, just not that day (like Snitch recommended). I just MUST go to bed sober. Because then I predict I would wake up sane.