Notices

Can’t deal with the hurt

Old 01-14-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can’t deal with the hurt

Found out my partner cheated on me and suffered a miscarriage all in the same week.

Haven’t had a drink in at least 6 months.. it feels so tempting now.

Old 01-14-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That really sucks for you but having a drink won't make any of that go away. In fact it will add another another kind of pain, one that will not get better with time but will progressively get worse.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Sorry you have had to find those things out noaddedsugar. I know it is hard but you now have to decide how you are going to deal with the situation and you can be really proud of yourself if you handle this sober.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awww I am so sorry to hear this. Life can be really **** sometimes. I can totally identify with wanting to numb the pain but picking up a drink now will just intensify your pain a million times over. 6 months is an absolutely amazing achievement. You are going to feel hurt, You are going to feel sad and most probably angry too. Drinking may numb these feelings temporarily but they will still be there when you put the drink down and then you will have a whole lot of other pain to deal with. Hangovers, guilt, shame. If you are an alcoholic like me, you may not even come back from your next drink. Alcohol solves absolutely nothing.

I admire you for coming here to post. Keep sharing how you are feeling. We are here to support you.

❤��❤��
Old 01-14-2020, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel for you, and I understand the temptation completely.

But a drink won't change what has happened. I'm still dealing with the cr*p life threw at me 6 months ago because I spent the 2nd half of 2019 trying to make it go away with ever increasing amounts of alcohol.

It's difficult, and it hurts (a lot), but I've managed to process that pain and hurt and anger more in the past 13 days of sobriety than I did in those entire 6 months.

It's not going to be easy, but hang in there. And make the absolute most of all your available support networks.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

noadded - I'm sorry for the painful time you're going through. Being tempted is understandable, but what would it really accomplish? Temporary numbness - and then that awful regret. You need a clear head to decide what to do. Please be kind to yourself & don't drink.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can relate on minor level. Many years back I had a girl cheat on me. Not to the tune of a miscarriage but it was still cheating. I drank through it. Never discussed the issue. Just ignored it and numbed myself. Stayed with her for a while until it inevitably ended.

No one here can tell you what to do with your situation but I can absolutely guarantee you that drinking will make this exponentially worse.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry noaddedsugar.

Ask yourself tho - will drinking on those things make them better - that never worked for me, not even on the small annoyances of life, so how/why would it work on the big stuff?

It would just make everything that much worse.

I'm glad you came back here for help and support. Lean on us.

Give yourself the chance to see how strong and capable you are. You can deal with this, sober, I promise.

D
Old 01-15-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thankyou so much for your support everyone.

I got in and went to bed shortly after this post. Been keeping busy at work and stuff so managed to be distracted. I know it won’t solve anything I’ve just gotta get through this.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done noaddedsugar. You stayed sober through a really awful day. I'm sorry for your personal loss and that your partner is a dink. You deserve better than that. Keep posting and stay sober. If you need to remember what your hangovers were like then imagine adding that layer to what you are already dealing with.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to read that update NAS

D
Old 01-15-2020, 01:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Very well done on staying sober. That is one ****** week if I ever heard one. SO sorry you are going through this. Hang in there.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting through this really tough time. I'm sorry for what's happened.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noaddedsugar View Post
Thankyou so much for your support everyone.

I got in and went to bed shortly after this post. Been keeping busy at work and stuff so managed to be distracted. I know it won’t solve anything I’ve just gotta get through this.
Sometimes it's good to be distracted. It helps keep your mind from obsessing about what has happened. I know it sounds cliché right now, but this does get better with time.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ultimately, drinking again would be kicking yourself to the curb. you’ve been kicked enough.
do something good for yourself instead. something nice.

way to go on coming here and walking through the day!
Old 01-16-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

how are you doing, noaddedsugar?
Old 01-17-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good morning . hey man I feel ya on that situation. Not a good feeling. But like everyone else said. Boozing now is not going to do sh$t but make it worse. You will get thru this storm . tour mind is right right now dont booger it up. Go thru the motions. Everything happens for a reason. You'll see. Hang in there buddy. ✌
Old 01-17-2020, 06:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry, that is a lot to handle in one week, and as tempting as that drink seems it won’t make it better. Do you have family or friends nearby you can spend some time with today? Also, think about going to talk to a counselor. I have had a few really difficult moments in my life that I felt like everything was caving in and I found speaking to a counselor really helpful.

Sending lots of love your way today.❤️