Notices

Day 11, just checking in...

Old 01-16-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11, just checking in...

It seems to be getting easier and I feel a lot better. Still a little scatter brained though, apparently. I thought yesterday was 11 days, so then I was sitting in my office at work today counting days on my fingers, lol, and oops, yeah today is 11 days.

This is by far the brightest afternoon mood I've been in so far since I quit. And I felt really good today most all day long. Walked a little over 5 miles. I'm not new to that, I've been doing it for about a year most days if the weather isn't too bad, despite the drinking. I lost 60 lbs and then put about 15 of it back on over the holiday, mostly beer I'm sure, not so much food because after a 6 pack or so, I don't eat.

Also, can someone give me some advice on posting. I know this is sort of an intro thread here... but I still feel very much like a noob. Is there a different thread we should post in once making introductions? Thanks.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 11 days sober! You can continue to post in this thread if you like, to give updates on your progress.

Yes, early recovery can be a bumpy ride sometimes, but with more sober time, it gets better.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!
Old 01-16-2020, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LastInLine View Post
Also, can someone give me some advice on posting. I know this is sort of an intro thread here... but I still feel very much like a noob. Is there a different thread we should post in once making introductions? Thanks.
Post here. You can add to this post or make a separate entry. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Congratulations!!
Old 01-16-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey, LastinLine--day 11 is an awesome accomplishment--keep those sober days coming! This is a fine place for you to continue to post, and I hope you do so. I have just over 4 years sobriety and Newcomers is primarily where I post. SR has been a vital part of my recovery, and I wish you the best in yours.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi LastInLine.

Congratulations on Day 11. It is Day 15 for me.

You may want to check out the Class of January 2020 forum if you haven't already done so.

I have a few ideas for a couple of my own threads, but I've only started one asking a technical question about how private messaging works. That thread will probably sink into the thread graveyard, which is fine.

I've kept busy enough mostly exploring all around the SR site, but mostly hanging here in the Newly Recovering forum, and thinking about issues raised and putting in my two cents every now and then.

C u l8r.
Old 01-16-2020, 07:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

also, LiL, please feel free to participate in others’ threads if a discussion grabs your interest.
way to go on 11 days!
Old 01-16-2020, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great work on day 11! I remember not wanting to eat after I started drinking too. The beer definitely piled the lbs on me. Exercising was a good component to my recovery. So good work on the walking too
Old 01-16-2020, 09:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by LastInLine View Post
You can start as many threads - or as few - as you like
You can post in other peoples threads too, to support them, or help them as well.

There's not really a lot of rules - but feel free to ask any questions you might have LIL

D
Old 01-17-2020, 03:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Tere are a lot of communal threads in the Newcomer's forum. Also in Café Central- all over. If you join some of these- you get to know more people- who can share, offer support. A good way to grow. Also there is a Class of January 2020 thread- perhaps join that? I joined the Class of March 2019 thread and post there daily and consider the people there my friends, nearly 4y later.