SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Got into halfway house (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445033-got-into-halfway-house.html)

Tetrax 01-15-2020 10:23 AM

Got into halfway house

Which means I get to stay in my city! Thanks to sobriety! Of course if I relapse I am kicked out. But so far so good in 8+ months. So yet even more high stakes in my sober journey; what a fun and interesting year I'm having!

Let's be honest it's probably not gonna be great but at least I can actually start to think about building a proper sober life here.

The journey continues...

ShiftHappens 01-15-2020 10:33 AM

This is awesome for you!

Things will get better and better they really will.

Some incredible doors are opening for me and they will for you too!

Just stay sober and you'll be amazed at the way life responds.

Happy for you:hyper

Anna 01-15-2020 10:35 AM

Yes, you can, Tetrax. That's great news and a good opportunity for you to build on your recovery.

Callas 01-15-2020 10:35 AM

You are fighting hard and showing great strength. Well done.

dpac414 01-15-2020 11:03 AM

Tetrax, this is awesome to hear. I know you've really struggled a lot but you've come so far and it's amazing to see. I'm so happy for you.

You can do this, just like you've done everything to lead to this point. I think it'll be great to be around sober people in a sober living environment. Best to you.

also, that Bojack quote? One of my all time faves. Love that show. :)

least 01-15-2020 11:20 AM

That's great! :) And big congrats on 8 months sober! :hug:

jr67 01-15-2020 11:45 AM

(As Lao Tzu asks in the Tao Te Ching):

Do you have the patience to wait
Till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
Till the right action arises by itself?

(And as another wise man said in the SR):

"The answer of what to do next might yet become clear down the road."

Congratulations Mr. T!

(This calls for a haiku):

Methinks the mud may
be settling for Tetrax and
jr six-seven.

MantaLady 01-15-2020 12:20 PM

Brilliant to hear Tetrax!! I know how hard it is in the UK to get this kind of support so props to you for having the tenacity to get this placement!! Onwards and upwards fella and wishing you all the best xx

Dee74 01-15-2020 01:10 PM

Tetrax man this made my day - get in! :)

D

Zighoul 01-15-2020 04:12 PM

Great news Tetrax!!

HeadEast 01-15-2020 04:40 PM

This made my day also. Congratulations!

PhoenixJ 01-15-2020 05:06 PM

Well done, Tt. Eat something decadent.

Hawkeye13 01-15-2020 05:43 PM

You are kicking sober azz Tetrax! :banana:

Well done

fini 01-15-2020 07:28 PM

yay Tetrax; very happy and relieved for you!

Delilah1 01-15-2020 09:10 PM

Tetrax that is wonderful news. I’m so happy for you, and think this is going to be the next positive step toward your future. I also have no doubt you will continue to stay sober so you won’t need to worry about that.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

MythOfSisyphus 01-15-2020 11:32 PM

That's awesome, Tetrax! As you say, it might not be great but it's somewhere to stay and should be a good reinforcement of sobriety. Think of it as a step towards where you want to be, just a stop on the road and not a destination.

MLD51 01-16-2020 07:27 AM

That's good news! You have really done brilliantly so far in your 8 months. Keep it going!

wehav2day 01-16-2020 01:49 PM

Wooooohooooo!!!! Go get it, Tetrax!!

Congratulations on 8 months too!

Sober life isn’t rainbows and puppies, but it’s one awesome small victory after another until one day you start to like yourself. Either again, or for the first time.

Good on you!

BackandScared 01-17-2020 04:06 AM

Tetrax, congratulations!!
You are such an inspiration. You seem to have lost many things. You were given all kind of good reasons to enter self-pity mode and go straight for the bottle. The eviction before Christmas felt particularly cruel. While your post have managed to communicate how difficult this was, you always made it feel good somehow.

Every one of your posts have helped me in staying alcohol free the past six months. If you could go through all this with a smile and time to share with others and give them hope, I had to find a way of making it too.

Thank you and all the best wishes for the year to come

August252015 01-17-2020 04:21 AM

Awesome Tetrax! Huge step and I am so proud of you.