SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello Again! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/445012-hello-again.html)

Horn95 01-14-2020 05:12 PM

Hello Again!

Hey all! Well, I am proud to say, I just got out of inpatient rehab. I threw in the towel and surrendered for real. I feel great! 31 days sober!! I learned so much about my disease, recovery, and most importantly myself. I am waiting for my bag in the airport, fully aware that now the most challenging work begins. But getting over the hump, and doing numerous nights of self-reflection is exactly what I needed!

if you are struggling, and can swing it, I highly recommend going into treatment. So happy to be off the squirrel cage. I feel armed and ready! I will be back here for good.

oh, and I made it through the airport (my former BIG trigger) and the flight with nary an urge to drink. For once, I was THAT guy on the plane I wanted to be.

Dee74 01-14-2020 05:21 PM

welcome back Horn :)

did they give you any aftercare help or tips?

D

HeadEast 01-14-2020 05:22 PM

That is fantastic. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Congratulations!

least 01-14-2020 05:30 PM

Congrats on completing your treatment and on your 31 days sober! :) Keep going, it gets better. :)

Horn95 01-14-2020 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 7358903)
welcome back Horn :)

did they give you any aftercare help or tips?

D

Very much so. Week after next I am getting into an IOP program. In addition to reuniting with my AA sponsor (who has been wonderfully supportive), I plan on checking out something called Refuge Recovery — it is a Buddhist based addiction recovery program. It incorporates meditation and mindfulness— something I got a taste off in rehab. I really like it. Also SMART recovery. I want to see what works best for me. I may incorporate a bit of it all.

i know one thing: I have been through far too much, and put my loved ones through way too much, to go back. Also, my wife and I are expecting a new little girl this summer. I am blessed.

Anna 01-14-2020 06:20 PM

I'm glad to hear you're feeling so good and ready to live a sober life. You'll be a great Dad. :)

Hevyn 01-14-2020 06:32 PM

Horn - it's wonderful to have you back, filled with hope & joy. Congratulations on your baby girl. How exciting.

Dee74 01-14-2020 07:04 PM

You sound great man :)
congrats on the bub news too!

D

Delilah1 01-14-2020 07:06 PM

Horn,

Congratulations! It sounds like inpatient was exactly what you needed, and I love that you have a plan in place for returning home.

Also, congratulations on your new little one!

Obladi 01-14-2020 07:28 PM

Welcome back!
You look great!!!

lessgravity 01-14-2020 08:19 PM

Good to see you here Horn. And congrats on the baby, I have another coming shortly as well.

Here's to living a life as an example for our children. Welcome back.

Horn95 01-15-2020 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by lessgravity (Post 7359027)
Good to see you here Horn. And congrats on the baby, I have another coming shortly as well.

Here's to living a life as an example for our children. Welcome back.

well, congrats to you! Pm me. I am going to be in NYC the second weekend in February. We should get together for dinner.