Notices

I've been MIA... Back to day 6

Old 01-14-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've been MIA... Back to day 6

I am still alive and at it Thank God! I made it to day 14 or 15 then last wednesday i believe it was I od'd.... I had found out that the apartment i found for me and my son was given to someone else and we are still homeless and i have been so stressed out and broke i couldnt deal and i drank and used over it but i took it too far it was terrifying....

That experience brought me straight back to being sober. Tomorrow will mark a week. I havnt been doing meetings or anything... Not really on purpose just because ive been busy, not tempted, reading the big book, going to church, exercising, etc but it sounds like will power alone is not enough to stay sober usually for most people and my thoughts of using quickly turn into action... Riding it out is not my strong suit so i need ways of coping with that... i dont exactly know my plan yet. I had gotten a sponser but never called her🤦🏽*♀️🤦🏽*♀️thats when i used again... Idk im just letting yall know im still here and trying again
Old 01-14-2020, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Next time you feel like drinking/using you absolutely must call your sponsor. I think that will give you a fighting chance to overcome the urges. Also please start attending meetings. I find accountability really helps me.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

R, I'm really glad to see you back.

You know what you need to do to get some air under your wings - what do you think is holding you back from what helped you so much before just a few weeks ago?

xo
O
Old 01-14-2020, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
R, I'm really glad to see you back.

You know what you need to do to get some air under your wings - what do you think is holding you back from what helped you so much before just a few weeks ago?

xo
O
I honestly dont know why i havnt been attending. No good reason except im tired and depressed and not even having cravings...not to say i wont though, they are not good reasons i know that🤦🏽*♀️
Old 01-14-2020, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you didn't get the apartment Rsanchez. Not having secure housing is very depressing, frightening, particularly if you have a child.

Really glad you are back to the security of sobriety though. You'll now be able to restart the task of finding accomodation for you both.

Willpower alone is not enough Rsanchez. I see you attend church. Hopefully the congregation is giving you some support? AA?

Willpower alone is not enough Rsanchez. I think trying to connect with others will help. Being alone with it usually ends badly. That's been my experience at anyrate. Talk with others.

So sorry you used, drank again. You can change all of that with connectedness. Keep coming here to talk about it.

Congratulations on achieving 7 days.
Old 01-14-2020, 11:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I’m so sorry that the apartment fell through, and also that you od’d, that had to be terrifying for both you and your son.

I do think it would be helpful to get to some meetings. Is your son school aged? If so, there may be some resources through the school district to help with housing vouchers and food, they should have a liaison. If not, there may be some through the community.

Congrats on one week. I hope you are able to find a place soon.

❤️Delilah
Old 01-14-2020, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I guess every sponsor/sponsee situation is different but I like the guidelines my sponsor gave me. Call everyday in the first 90. Feeling good, bad, or so so just call because the sponsor said so. This way when the bad comes along you have that interaction with a clear headed person that knows both you and the obsession. Talk about how your day went, did you want to drink today, why do you think you did or didn't want to drink today. I got to bounce a lot of my thinking off another individual and got to kind of step back and get another way of looking at things.

You can always post here as well.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I hope you find an apartment soon. That has to be so tough. Congratulations on one week. Keep looking for an apartment. There has to be something out there.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you came back and glad you started again.

I was looking at being homeless once so I know how scary it is - my advice is to try for everything - every listing, every agency that can help, every entitlement you can apply for.

It goes without saying that sober you can do a way better job of all that than when you're drinking.

Hope you find a place soon - stay sober!

D
Old 01-14-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
I honestly dont know why i havnt been attending. No good reason except im tired and depressed and not even having cravings...not to say i wont though, they are not good reasons i know that🤦🏽*♀️
I know you know that.

And I also know how good you felt when you forced yourself to make the effort to go when you were tired and depressed and didn't feel like going. That's what we have to do, R. We have to get up and do it all over again. Time and time again until it "clicks." And it will click for you. You're a survivor.

Can you commit to getting to a meeting tomorrow?

xo
O
Old 01-14-2020, 08:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the words

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I know you know that.

And I also know how good you felt when you forced yourself to make the effort to go when you were tired and depressed and didn't feel like going. That's what we have to do, R. We have to get up and do it all over again. Time and time again until it "clicks." And it will click for you. You're a survivor.

Can you commit to getting to a meeting tomorrow?

xo
O
Thanks for the encouragement. Yes i am going tomorrow for sure i already texted the girl who picks me up.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Awesome!
Good going - you know you won't regret it.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

we are still homeless and i have been so stressed out and broke i couldnt deal and i drank and used over it

keep in mind that the same "resourcefulness" that managed to acquire booze and drugs while broke can be turned into a mighty power for good.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

How was your day, R?